Were Mechagnomes a test?

Anyone that looked at sethrak and thought “This will be an Alliance race” after the Horde PC saved them and the Alliance PC quested with them for 15 minutes deserves to be disappointed.

2 Likes

This was their fault. There was only ever going to be some kind of gnome AR or something using the gnome rig. And with how toxic the Sethrak fanbase is at times, they legit aren’t deserving of such as AR. Besides. I think the Mechagnomes look way better then Sethrak.

These are snakes with legs and abs.

Now if they had a more serpentine body, it would be better.

Now saurok, would be an excellent lizard race.

1 Like

No. That’s why we got (basically) Alliance High Elves finally.

It was a :poop:-test, anyway. Fantasy isn’t fantasy without traditional aesthetics.

Just insulted by two things. First, that Blizz would give alliance such a pathetic race while horde get Vulpera.

And secondly, the 8 players who like diaper gnomes white knighting for Blizz.

6 Likes

They’re not bad, but neither are they good from a visual perspective. About the only option for Plate is the heritage set. Throw in the fel-proof goggles so you can play around with the head options. That’s about the only way they look good.

They listened, in the wrong way, to the complaints about how you can’t tell a LFD from a regular Draenei outside of skin color. so they made sure that you’d ALWAYS be able to tell a Gnome from a Mechagnome. Except they did it in a bad manner.

1 Like
  1. I would argue that Vulpera is more the issue. Although I believe Vulpera to be a good race. I just don’t think it makes a good allied races based on the way things are setup. What would have made a good pairing was gilgoblins and mechagnomes. Gilgoblins have all the reason to be apart of the horde and have a lot of potential to be a great race.

There is a lot of people who do like them. I run the Mechagnome discord. Even if only 1% of wow’s population plays them, then that’s hundreds of thousands of people playing a mechagnome.

And keep in mind this thread has been going on for a while. I have seen so much more hositility from Sethrak fans then Mechagnome fans.

They gave the Alliance an allied race based on a core race that didn’t have one, then they did the same for the Horde, and paired the two together because they were similar in stature. Imagine my shock.

1 Like

One thing I do want to point out though. I have seen some sethrak fans who are very nice to mechagnome fans and not generally hostile. I respect these people, but unfortunately these folks seem to be in the minority. Had some similar problems with Gilgoblin supporters vs Vulpera fans.

1 Like

Yeah. Alliance already had gnomes, and instead of making them customizable, they make an entire new race is those same gnomes wearing diapers.

And horde get a Rocket look-alike from Guardians of the galaxy.

To that other poster that thinks 10 million people still play this game and that 1% play diaper gnomes…sure.

I’d be surprised if there are 1 million total active subs for both horde and alliance, and 100k total alliance players. I’d say .1% of that gate themselves and play diaper gnomes, so 100 people.

1 Like

Top notch sarcasm. I hope.

1 Like

What core Horde race were Vulpera based off of?

2 Likes

personally i would have preferred lepergnomes or these acting as a cosmetic for standard gnomes but whatever. i know them to be rather unpopular outside of a small fraction of the diehard gnomelovers, but, i hope blizzard doesn’t take away that it was poorly received because of the transmog options, but rather because of the fact that it was on gnomes.

on the other hand, they could have done something like this to a highly requested race and then people would have complained endlessly about how they ruined them.

Goblins. They share the rig with some new animations, but they’re the only allied race that’s a separate species from its parent race, which is why Alliance players get mad about mechagnomes because they’re just a gnome offshoot.

1 Like

No, that’s not how this works. Sorry.

1 Like

What did you think was going to happen? They were setting up allied races to be variants of existing races. People were long saying gnomes were overdue for some good content and they got it by a landslide. Another thing to keep in mind. When shadowlands comes out and allied race requirements go away, mechagnome pop will likely get much higher.

Alliance already had gnomes, and instead of making them customizable,

people often say races should be customization to marginalize and put down fans of something they don’t like. Just look at how most allied race are. They variants. Mechagnomes really shouldn’t come as a surprise.

1 Like

What gibberish is this nonsense you are spewing?

1 Like

Personally I think almost all the Allied races could have been done better as unlocks. IE an alternate cosmetic design. That way you didn’t have to level a brand new toon.

clearly goblins.
They’re identical in nearly every way outside of the skin.
Stand them next to each other.
Walk one inside of a goblin npc.

Same height, same stature, similar shifty animation.

Its just a furry skin suit with a tail

1 Like

Oh and your constant rude commentary about how people who play mechagnomes are somehow mentally challenged … that’s a fast way to enter the Ignore List. Because if you’re nasty like this, you’re probably nasty in all sorts of other ways.

2 Likes

What happened was what I thought would happen.

All of the Blizz Devs play horde and alliance is an afterthought.

Both sides wanted Vulpera, but surprise surprise, horde got them. Alliance got gnomes with diapers and fat humans who can’t put the sausage links down. Yes yes, it took some intern a week to design the fat humans.

Next races will be something like ogres and Sethrak for horde and midgets and sumo wrestlers for alliance.

2 Likes