Wendigo Onesie?

No country for old nerds.

1 Like

Yikes forever! :rainbow: :sparkles:

1 Like

You do realize Void Elves are literally Blood Elves, in every way except they just got Void powers yesterday?

But you call the Silver Covenant, whos been allied with the Alliance for the last 10 years, who showed up in Northrend, Isle of Thunder, and Suramar. As the same as Blood Elves, but more boring, when almost every time you see them they are telling the Blood Elves off for disrespecting their traditions.

But I know you don’t give a crap about the lore, you just see elf and go “it’s just a boring elf”

peanut butter is a weapon!
not food

do people say this just because of the hair? because braids have existed long before frozen.

3 Likes

High elves are standard vanilla (as in baseline, not as in Classic) elves. Boring and scared of forbidden magics. Blood elves are elves that used forbidden magics to help with their arcane magic withdrawals. Void elves are former blood elves that delved into the void looking for more power and were forever altered by it.

Lore is probably the thing in game I care about most, but that doesnt change the fact that the high elves, especially the ones of the Silver Covenant, who havent had any changes in their culture like eschewing magic the way the Highvale elves have, are super boring.

2 Likes

So I wonder what the Alliance High Elves and the Lightforged think of this new group of Blood Elves they let into the Alliance that went to the Void for more power. Oh they are fine with it? Shouldn’t the entire Blood Elf faction be able to join the Alliance now? If Void Elves that want even more power are fine, then Blood Elves should be fine right?

It’s another sign the new dev team has no interest in the lore. They just make up what they think sounds cool.

We’ve moved on from the original authors to the fanfic writers?

One would assume they find them untrustworthy the same way the humans in the Cathedral do, but what are they gonna do? Override the king? Throw away willing assistance?

Yes. The blood elves not being in the Alliance has at no point been because the Alliance told them they couldnt join. If you knew your lore you’d know that.

We seem to be in the middle of that storyline Horde side.

And yet Blood Elves with Void powers who don’t even rebel against the Horde, but get kicked out for being too dangerous for the Horde, are allowed in the Alliance. Kinda weird ain’t it.

No? I just said they werent being kept out for being dangerous or anything. The blood elves arent in the Alliance because they dont want to be.

1 Like

iTs WaCky bRo! so random!

A wendigo onesie is up there
 about as up there as the MC Hammer dance or Elves dancing like Michael Jackson :man_shrugging:

1 Like

You’re not wrong, but they could jump 10,000 years into the future and have us playing dryads and satyrs for all I care as long as the story is deep, meaningful and actually makes me feel stuff other than irritation and disappointment in the writing team.

No offense intended but the Zandalari questline basically broke my interest in WoW’s story.

That’s heavy.

Not like I was a lore junkie to begin with, but still

there’s so much left to be desired in the story and, I mean, I’m basically shilling this game now since I’ve posted the playthrough videos multiple times, but a game like Little Misfortune produced by some super tiny studio has such a heartwrenching and amazingly intriguing story that’s essentially just a retell of Pan’s Labyrinth (girl guided off by magic into death), but it’s really good.

Life and death.

Shadowlands (or whatever) might save the story but they have to approach death for reals.

You can’t turn death into a Saturday morning cartoon and have people take you seriously.

The story needs some new depth and fast.

EDIT: ** /me realizes this reply is in the Wendigo Onesie thread

** /sigh **

Ouch, everything you just said was right and hurts me.

Well it’s the same arguments people made years ago.

“Zandalari will never join Horde they think of themselves as the superior race they hate everyone”

“Vrykul would never join Alliance they think of themselves as the superior race, they hate everyone”

When the writers want something to happen, they make it happen. The lore isn’t set in stone. But at the same time writers need to make things believable and not break suspension of disbelief.

And then the Void Elves joined the Alliance, because they are considered a danger to the Sunwell, let’s ignore the fact the Exodar have giant Naaru and the Light crazed Lightforged joined who just told me to purge everything Void related in Argus.

Right? Brewfest outfit, Fire Festival dress, Lumar Festival dresses, sunglasses
 these aren’t allowed but a onesie is okay.

I just
 headdesks repeatedly

Blizz has actually mentioned looking into loosening the transmog restrictions. Hopefully this is the first sign of that.

2 Likes

Personally I’d just like to see subtext that goes deeper than killing troll moms.

Fortnite skin indeed, my first thought when I saw it as well. Just waiting for them to make dozens more and add them all to the store for $5 each.