Wendigo Onesie?

I just realized the all guys that originally made Blizzard what it is are gone.

It explains so much to me. When we have a Wendigo Onesie that looks like a Fortnite skin. New races/characters coming out that look like they are from Zootopia, or something you’d see on deviantart. Jaina redesigned to look like Elsa from Frozen. Overwatch looking like The Incredibles. The WoW story resembling Game of Thrones.

I really should have seen the writing on the wall, maybe I was just in denial, the old Warhammer, old school D&D and Everquest fans are long gone.

95 Likes

I am so hyped for this mog! I look forward to this team designing many more years of stuff for us. Sorry that you don’t enjoy the new design direction, OP, but the vast majority of us are absolutely loving it!

17 Likes

I like the onesie, but I wish it was Phoenix-themed instead of wendigo-themed.

10 Likes

Yeah it’s obvious I’m just a relic of the past now. I’ll go play some 20 year old videogames.

14 Likes

I don’t think vast majority means what you think it does but to each his own

39 Likes

Fun detected, nerf fun.

5 Likes

Meh, it’s just 1 set of mog. I doubt many people will even be wearing it a month or 2 down the road. I don’t mind it at all, the more variety the better, IMO.

5 Likes

It’s not about the mog really, it’s the fact now I know I’m not Blizzards audience anymore.

21 Likes

I highly doubt and really hope not. Given the look and style of both the pajamas and the RaF gear I’d say we have an interesting design direction headed our way.

I can’t wait!

2 Likes

It’s a trend in the video game industry. All the companies that made their name 10-20+ years ago are staffed by completely different people now

9 Likes

Art styles and trends change over time.

Having said that, the onesie is undoubtedly disturbing.

https://i.redd.it/30lpya7ihyp31.png

7 Likes

I’m not sure how the Wendigo costume is more ridiculous than the Murloc-riding-a-polar-bear mount. Or the murloc costume.

Blizzard always gives out wacky random nonsense for Blizzcons or other events. This is hardly new.

They only REAL distinction between this and other promotional fun-thing is that this is legitimate transmog rather than a toy. And I think that’s because of the constant player requests for more silly transmog options.

Really, this is more like an extension of the current trend of transmog relaxations, like the ability to hide almost all of your armor. And most people seem to like that.

23 Likes

It looks really, really bad on worgen. The shoes are so incredibly big on my big stupid feet.

2 Likes

Some silly mog tells you this? What drew you into warcraft, clicking seals till they exploded, sheep raining from the sky like candy from a pinata, or maybe the constant pop culture references? Warcraft has always been a very silly universe snd I am glad we arn’t seeing Blizz trying to be so serious with everything.

15 Likes

So hyped! That looks so cool and funny lol! I seriously love this new direction and this team, they are an amazing group.

I know, and it’s so cute, I love it.

8 Likes

For me: MAU down 100% but giggling up 800%.

Even blizzard can’t ignore classics success. Be patient. The next expansion was already designed when classic proved “you think you do but you don’t” to be one of corporate America’s greatest marketing misreads of all time. Pontiac aztek bad. They will be studying how bad atvi jacked up a
Game that at its peak was
Pulling in 200m a month. They’ll study this at business school. They’ll make a pbs special on it.

5 Likes

You need to giggle your way back to the play button.

It’s the opposite of Game of Thrones.

2 Likes