Well... RIP Night Elves

You’d be mistaken to expect a coherent story that has a clear ending from those hacks.

7 Likes

The Vengeance you seek is impossible because the Alliance must always be the good guys. Count your self lucky…you never get villain batted. You’re never going to go killing horde civilians…well I guess you could always do it your self by raiding Orgrimmar or Thunder bluff or something. And of course Sylvanas is off the table. No touchy, per the writers.

I think its a nice touch of realism for the story. Life isnt always fair, even in real life, not all of the wrongs that happened in history were brought to justice.

Im waiting to see what tomarrow brings. Im not entirely surprised that they opted to not revisit this can of worms (Teldrassil and the nightelves) with the first look. Though they did directly referance Teldrassil in the presentation, i cant imagine that image would have been used without it haveing a place somewhere in the shadow lands xpac. Frankly, it deserves far more attention than to only get a few bullet points. Which is all this was, a preview with each new feature getting a few bulletpoints of the major changes.

So far i like what they have said about the mechanical changes that they plan on implementing but bfa has taken such a toll on the lore of the game that i may not be continuing with wow. Bfa has been a complete narrative disaster, almost everything that happened ended up being pointless. They literally could have gone from legion to shadowlands and it would make more sense.

This is just a first impression. The deep dives will all have to be really damn good. There are so many big plot points that have gone no where. We do all this heart stuff to take out nzoth but wjat about sargeras sword? That just going tohange out there? Whats going on with azeroth, is the world soul still dieing? What is odyn doing while nzoth is trying to destroy everything? Nzoth is attacking titan facilities but not ulduar? What is happening with the night elves is a huge question. They cant just avoid it.

2 Likes

Its realism in the story. Life isnt always fair, in history, not all the wrongs that ever happened were brought to justice.

1 Like

You seem to be forgetting that this story leaves everyone dissatisfied and our characters are acting in an unreasonable way, atleast most of them.

This is bad writing. You don’t write a story that disappoints every party and then refuse to continue it since it leaves marks throughout all coming future expansions.

8 Likes

Based on what information they have provided this makes a lot of sense really.

No one is talking about fairness, people want a story that has actual cohesion. Its nice that head-canonng “ReAsIsM” in a high fantasy game built around escapism to patch the gaping holes in the narrative makes you content, but tht’s not what everyone else wants.

10 Likes

Were there “CHEER” signs denoting when the crowd should cheer?!

1 Like

After 8.1 dropped, you should have accepted it as fact that Night Elves weren’t getting anything else. Blizzard isn’t capable of following through on anything; not sure why folks are surprised that the Kaldorei got left behind.

3 Likes

If they redeem her we should be ripping apart Blizzard HQ brick by brick and dissolving the company. The writing is already at rock bottom, but somehow they keep digging it lower.

8 Likes

It’s pretty obvious that they will redeem her.

1 Like

I really think the only possible redemption she can achieve is by willingly choosing to replace the Jailer, and insodoing damning herself permanently to ultra hell.

Great, so not only will they rehash the ending WoTLK, but also Illidan’s story. Love how they’re just rolling out the same things over and over again.

Was so great getting an entirely-different-than-mop-in-every-conceivable-way-storyline this expansion.

Horde launches a surprise attack > alliance suffers unforgivable losses > Alliance forced to side with the Horde’s revolutionaries and entirely forget about the injustices done to them > Horde leader becomes big bad of the next expansion.

4 Likes

I will say it makes a whole lot more sense that the Kaldorei dark rangers went berserk if they got stuck in the torment of the maw until a val’kyr pulled them out. Being stuck there… that would 1000% make one feel abandoned.

4 Likes

No not that I could see XD IMO people were kind of a cheer-happy mood though and kind of cheering at everything that was going up lololl.

I was kind of in the back though so I didn’t really see or hear much of it. By random luck I just happened to be sitting next to 2 ally players and I booed a little when I saw that go up, we all kind of turned to each other and laughed ,hahhha

Makes it funnier for Sira. She was in there for less than ten minutes.

3 Likes

Its realism in the story. Life isnt always fair, in history, not all the wrongs that ever happened were brought to justice.

Then it’s a story I’m not interested in. We have too much of that crap happening in the real world already. I don’t need that in my video games.

17 Likes

I would say other races have been treated worse aka orcs. There hasn’t been any resolution to the constant orc villain batting, it’s to a point where orcs/trolls/Taruens/forsaken have less characters combined then the night Elfs.

Also man of all the victims were unnamed characters. Blizzard never cared about race population and never will. It doesn’t matter if they died there will allways be as many night elfs as the plot demands. Again I point to the orcs as an example.

Then why continuing subscribing to this company?

3 Likes