Well, mog farming in LFR is over for geared players

I don’t think the catalyst did that. I still have locked colors of the same sets from catalyst, that only ever gave me heroic-mythic colors at best.

1 Like

Nope, Catalyst only unlocked appearances for what you created.

2 Likes

Mythic always looks better. As your images show.

I think your eyes are bad.

Grey/faded purple Mythic Vault gear is awful. Heroic blue and white is better.

Yes I know that. But what does that have to do with LFR and gear?

Not always, there was 1 mythic set I horribly disliked a while ago and LFR looked way better in comparison…of course thats very opinion based.

Nah you get better animations for mythic gear.

Prioritizing those that need the gear over those that do not seems like a good decision to me. Even though it messes with my mog farming

Even the animations don’t save Vault’s Mythic gear. It’s pretty universally paned as ugly.

1 Like

are items still tradeable? could you just bring a mule toon along to need for you and trade you the items you want?

The needy need gear. The greedy need mog.

Even if you agree, it means they lied when they said EXACT same piece at EXACT same ilvl.

1 Like

I know what I was thinking of - I unlocked the LFR or Normal appearances by converting loot from the Great Vault and then unlocked the Heroic appearances when I upgraded the pieces.

Still, I think if you get a piece in a higher difficulty, maybe it should unlock the other appearances below

You know what might work? If your ilvl exceeds the average of the drop rate of LFR each boss awards a token that can go towards unlocking the LFR appearances from a vendor. That way higher geared players aren’t competing for loot and still have an incentive to help out the runs.

1 Like

I wonder if this only applies to lFR? I was able to select need in a normal SoD just now

Given how this loot system is meant to work, rolling for Transmog is a pure vanity roll, and if someone in the group actually needs the item, your need for Transmog shouldn’t come at the expense of someone else getting an upgrade.

If you really are just there for mog, maybe just tell people ahead of time and communicate it?

Did you have the exact same item in your bags from Heroic/Mythic ?

They said we could roll on lower ilvl stuff.

I don’t think people being triggered in LFR is justified. A mog roll should be equal to an ilvl roll

My need for a permanent transmog is no less than their need for temporary power.

Blizzard once again injects toxicity and fixes things that weren’t broken.

2 Likes

I’m going to have to run Heroic for the blue tint it looks like.