Well, mog farming in LFR is over for geared players

Not to be the cynic, but us talking about it probably has a chance for them to extend it from just a higher ilvl of the same piece to just simply having a higher ilvl in that slot at all.

Then donā€™t help anyone out if you donā€™t want to do it just to help someone out?

the game is about gear upgrades and that should take precedence over dress-up simulator.

Lfr is forced group loot. Locking people out of loot that do it for transmog is stupid.

1 Like

Youā€™re not locked out of it, you just donā€™t get the same level of importance as someone who will use it to improve their character.

Gear for raid hasnā€™t meant anything since 3.2, because it gets reset every tier.

Same for pvp and m+.

The only permanence in this game is meta-progression.

1 Like

Dude someone is always going to need an upgrade. Itā€™s not like you are playing with the same group of people all the time.

This just makes you want to transmog on fresh alts and not get upgrades until you get the piece you want.

Nobody does LFR for transmog.

Does that mean iā€™m safe if iā€™m in full conquest gear

What lol

3 Likes

Still means something to me, I ENJOY getting new gear every raid.

But again, youā€™re missing the point : any other 304 boots, and I would have no issue needing on those 265s.

I know, I won a 272 helmet earlier this week while wearing a different 304 helmet.

This literally just harms mog farming.

Probably will change that at some point too honestly.

For now yes but if you change to tier pieces with catalyst I am going to say no. However donā€™t gloat. It could be changed to be more expansive (simply having higher ilvl at all) than Ral showed.

1 Like

Me? Gloat? Neverrrr

Iā€™m the most humble sweetheart

1 Like

Yes, this is working as intended. Need should only be done for an item that you will actually equip.

Additionally, people really avoid rolling greed just to vendor something (enchanting is ambiguous). We can use gold as a rough proxy for value in these scenarios:

1. A legitimate upgrade is probably worth the most. Iā€™m sure weā€™ll get data soon from runs using GDKP (I donā€™t think thatā€™s against the ToS and Iā€™m sure it will happen even if it was). Another price point is crafted gear before the patch (when it was close to LFR ilvl). I was seeing that for around 2.5k gold.
  2. Transmog is arguably equal right now for LFR since the event is coming, but outside of LFR my observation is that people only traded for transmog after any potential upgrades.
  3. Disenchanting depending on AH prices. This is generally very low.
  4. Sell to vendor. Obviously lowest price unless enchanting mats are very cheap.

We can debate where the line for need vs greed vs pass is, but you definitely shouldnā€™t be rolling need to vendor something.

Iā€™m hoping they fix it to what they said it was gonna be.

There has been no updates to that blue post that said EXACT ITEM at EXACT ILVL.

So that was a lie.

Then why did Blizzard say otherwise ?

1 Like

Thatā€™s why I never trust them at the onset.

Mythic people donā€™t troll LFR. Stop making stuff up :joy:

1 Like

Nothing needs to be fixed this is how LFR always was after they fixed it. Dragon Soul was a disaster for LFR and people were needing on things they did not need all the time.

I mean, this is what they said :

Obviously, going off that, this is a bug.

They even bolded the word EXACT twice.

Iā€™ve done transmog farming from lfr since it came out in cataclysm. Literally one of my favorite transmog sets is the DS LFR set. When I was raiding heroic at the time.

1 Like