Well, mog farming in LFR is over for geared players

imagine if we could use the gear for older tiers

Don’t you say that evil in here. That’s how we got Titan Forging :newspaper_roll:

I’m asking you to provide a source for your information.
Since you can’t or won’t, I’m going to say that you don’t have one.

no i mean use current gear to catalyst to a previous tier of xpac for transmog

1 Like

Oooh, I gotcha. Being able to choose the appearance of your Catalyst gear is spicy… I like this.

You’re free to keep thinking loot isn’t fixed to 5 for 25 people in LFR. But that just means you’ll look ridiculous to everyone else who knows this factoid.

" * On bosses that drop Tier, the boss will drop 1 piece of tier for every 10 players as well as 1 non-piece of tier for every 10 players."

Just a snippet from a wowhead article about how loot in “Sepulcher” would work. Pretty sure the size of the raid has always influenced the number of loot drops per bosss.

The obvious easier fix is to drop tokens and have a cosmetic vendor that sells the gear. And by gear I mean all the gear, ever. Ensembles for every raid, every difficulty, weapon packs, like PvP.

And it’s the same currency that drops in the current raid. So you can just farm that currency as you’re raiding, and buy some cosmetics with it.

Like PvP with Badges of Honor basically.

But that would be too logical I guess.

Since Warlords.

Flex raiding in 5.4 had fixed breakpoints for extra drops or not.

1 Like

In “mog runs” you can just trade anything without restrictions.

A blue post about group loot and why:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/changes-experiments-to-raid-rewards-in-dragonflight-season-1/1352473/363

The easiest solution for this problem would be for blizzard to award you with a currency similar to Dinars per boss kill if your average ilvl is greater than the reward level of loot being distributed in that particular LFR.

Then have the dinar vendor for that specific LFR raid up the whole season selling the items at the normal level (not fated) just for mog purposes.

This is why you saw so many uber geared people running LFR in season 4. People like me would run LFR for both the recolor transmogs and also because of the guaranteed dinars which you could use to buy 3 pieces if neato transmog from the normal fated level raids from the vendors and then upgrade them with our even more neato heroic upgrade tokens.

Without either of those incentives i won’t be running LFR anymore.

The new loot system is additionally an extra disincentive to running the raid even if the incentives existed because i now have zero chance of winning rolls for mog.

And whether or not some people think “rolling on an item for mog is a need situation” or not doesn’t matter. I ran the raid and put in the effort and went for my own reasons and my needs are just as important as anyone elses.

You can’t blame mog farmers in this scenario because blizzard has made mog farming an actual, real activity that many enjoy doing. And now they completely eliminated LFR as a means to do that for most.

I strongly suggest they bring the dinar system back for LFR and Normal raid loot but not at fated levels and the only way for you to earn those tokens is if you outgear the raid.

4 Likes

Ion? Is that you?

Say it louder for the folks in the back.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s a genius idea to make a warrior rolling for mog compete with a mage rolling to vendor. A+ decision making.

…the entire point of this thread is because that post is lying. Have you not read any posts in here? OP quite literally references it in the very first post.

I’m glad to see the new loot system is working. People who actually need the loot are getting it now. :slight_smile:

But they aren’t really, because you can still need roll on lower ilvl pieces, so long as the higher ilvl piece you have for that slot is a different item.

So this is just really making mog farming annoying without solving any issues.

It’s a blue post about group loot, and why.

I haven’t read every single post in this thread, no. I merely posted a link.

I mean, in the future, you should probably at least read the first post.

Advanced strat: Item you want drops but you have the better version. Delete the better version, reload UI and see if the rolling is now lit up, use item restoraton get back the better version you deleted.
Crazy strat: Delete the better version before the boss is even pulled and wear a green (or nothing at all!)

Will it work??? Only those determined enough will find out.

I see zero issue with this system. Let’s players actually gear up in LFR and not have loot stolen by Mog runners. While you complain about carrying people, like that every mattered. That part just sounds like people having their glass egos cracked.