Well, mog farming in LFR is over for geared players

I come from the old school mindset that gear is first and foremost for power, and transmog / shard / gold as distant seconds. I’m therefore happy with this change.

I’m less happy that Blizzard didn’t account for those players with a different mindset who might go so far as to intentionally bring weaker gear to the raid so as to exploit the need roll system. I hope they find a non-destructive way to allow for their transmog progression. For example, would it really kill anyone if Blizzard just auto-granted all transmogs to anyone who was forced to pass on them cause someone else needed the upgrade? Of if that’s “too generous”, it could be after it had happened 2x, 3x, etc. That way players would still be motivated for the best gear / fastest clear and still accumulate transmogs too.

Beg to differ.

Anyway, I’m not going to roll against someone who needs loot for an upgrade. On that same token, If I’m wanting a transmog maybe I won’t join/form a group with anyone of my armor-class.

Still don’t understand how this is any better than just having Unrestricted Personal Loot. Worse for stacking odds, worse for mog
Farmers, a chance for complete wasted loot (and I mean 3 Bows dropping for zero hunters), still failing to see how it is better.

Why is group loot in LFR? Why? Personal loot was fine.

2 Likes

To be pessimistic about it?

Because Blizzard really wanted to be able to hit us with the “we told you so” when they remove it later on and they knew the only way to really ensure that happens was to add it to LFR.

Or, they really want to ensure they have a free change that they can make in the future that will please the masses and well… this would be one. “We understand people don’t like group loot for LFR, so we’ve changed it! You’re welcome!” entirely ignoring the mountains of feedback they’ve gotten point to Dragon Soul LFR where all of these same issues were present 13 years ago. Yano, just like they’ve done for the last several expansions

2 Likes

LFR has been useless for over four years. Don’t pug if you don’t like it. Your issues with whatever toxicity you run into is irrelevant.

Well I guess it’s a good thing they’re decreasing the world content max to LFR ilevel or all those casual players would’ve ended up not being able to get anything from LFR just because they do WQs.

1 Like

Does the LFR gear suddenly vanish after a season?

You might get lucky with personal loot once ever couple wings. I was getting one piece every two wings with personal and now I have gotten 3 pieces in a single wing.

If anything to appease all the people who clearly cannot give a valid reason why they cannot just farm these pieces if you really want the ugly gear they should just let you solo LFR.

Dude you need to put a spooky warning. The jailer (bad) was in one of those pictures. I had a heart attack from being reminded that badowlands exists.

1 Like

im there for mog, period.

and i single handedly carry heals in LFR like no exagerration the other healers i tell to dps boss if they wish.

without us “trolls” i think u will find LFR wings taking a looooong time to complete.

be careful what u wish for…

2 Likes

So Blizzard understands the problem GL brings and they are trying to restrict everything :rofl: :rofl:

Exactly. LFR needs the support of knowledgeable skilled players to run smoothly. Especially tanks and heals.

1 Like

I don’t mind if you are there for mog or not, but when I see the attitude of people like the OP acting like they are god’s gift to LFR, then I would rather not see you in LFR at all, and you wonder why people don’t like grouping up for normal and higher difficulties, I would rather not have to deal with an egotistical a-hole when I’m trying to relax after dealing with them all day at work.

3 Likes

Maybe just have the bosses drop, in addition to their regular loot, cosmetic tokens that can be turned in for statless appearances of that difficulty’s armor. This way you’re not restricted from getting mogs if your ilvl is too high and no one is rolling against folks who would actually equip the gear.

3 Likes

It’s been brought up before, but ToV had an ensemble set you got from collecting tokens that dropped off the bosses. This would be a perfect solution for the mog and gear hunters :dracthyr_blob_dance_animated:

2 Likes

I’m sure someone in the thread has brought up the fact that you should just be using the Creation Catalyst to farm for LFR transmogs anyway…and stop hoping to screw over people who actually need the gear upgrades on those characters.

They’re making you Greed it, because it’ll feel terrible for lesser geared players to lose a Need roll to someone who only needs a piece for mog.

This is a good decision by Blizzard

Creation catalyst is heavily timegated though. Mogs>item level in terms of usefulness.

I had not heard it called that before. Funny!

1 Like