Well, mog farming in LFR is over for geared players

Pretty sure most mythic raiders aren’t going to fight over transmog, they are going to likely know they’re all going to get it eventually.

Pvp actually does this

As soon as you hit a rating threshold for the elite pieces (1200+) you unlock the base conquest non elite version of the item as well

1 Like

Yeah this seems unintentional, or at least not well thought out. LFR will take much longer if higher geared people can’t come get transmog from them.

1 Like

Yes, this would work but you would need a guild of 25 people to be able to control every piece of loot. Even a few would increase your chances of getting what you want, but this is more of a work around and not a solution.

You aren’t raiding with your guild in lfr. its total strangers. Same thing with pugs.

The screenshot shows the same piece.

It’s especially more stupid when you consider it’s only a lock on the same exact piece, not another higher ilvl piece. Snagging LFR Sire’s helmet while wearing a 304 tier piece : A-OK. Snagging some 265 boots ? No, you have those as 304s!

Both scenarios are the same thing, yet one allows a need roll and not the other.

I honestly hope that’s a bug because yes, that makes it look rather silly. On top of the coloring being so awful.

1 Like

You seem to not comprehend this and I don’t know how to make it any simpler.

LFR gear for ilevel is outdated next season.

LFR gear for transmog lasts forever.

Then go back and solo it next expansion.

We’ve literally never have had to do that.

Blizzard told us we could still roll on lower ilvl pieces. Yet here we are, and now we can’t. As if getting the 304 Song Mad Sabaton unlocks the same thing as the 265 ones.

2 Likes

Can be an altoholic like me. I have alts that can do LFR, though that being said I likely wont. Since if geared players have 0 reason to do LFR then LFR is gonna get really painful without geared players helping to carry.

(i shouldve been more specific) i didnt mean for mythic raiders, i said mythic runs, ie those mythic runs for dazar’alor eternal palace, etc etc, basically any legacy run that people form groups for since you cant really solo them yet. it would be a hellish battleground for mog collectors since a single mythic piece could potentially unlock 4 varients if that were a thing

I’m amused that it’s come full circle back to this after a lengthy argument in another thread about this :joy:

Then you just build your groups around armor type

Sorry, but that’s a piss poor attitude.

“Don’t run current content, go back two expansions from now when it’s actually somewhat soloable and do it yourself. Go wait 4 years.”

5 Likes

That’s not how legacy drops work. At all.

1 Like

That’ll be the day.

Blizz screwed up so bad and lied so hard that I’m agreeing with both Raiimir and Thallia about the same thing.

:clown_face:

1 Like

Just make it so when you loot an item, you unlock that skin and all lesser difficulty versions. What point is there for a mythic raider not having the normal/lfr appearances?

I understand mog farming, but most of the items will be farmed in future expansions when it’s extremely easy to do so.

Heck, could even apply that rule to current raids only. After an expansion releases, the old raids no longer reward all lesser appearances, to keep mog farming active.

2 Likes

Nah, there’s no point in waiting. There’s plenty of time to do it while the content is current.

What’s the point of Blizzard making cool gear if you have to wait 2 years to farm it ?

If this is true and not a mistake, then it’s very recent because yesterday I was able to need on a lower ilevel transmog.

2 Likes