Well I was excited for Valor points until I read this

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/so-valor-points/864442/21

From a blue post in the PTR forums. Looks like we won’t even be able to upgrade our current gear. We have to go farm it all again.

This is absolutely ridiculous to me. The reason we need valor is that it is so difficult to get gear in M+. Now are expected to go back and get the gear again so it can be upgraded!? I don’t really see the point now. I’m still using a trinket from M0 because I have yet to see it drop and I’m running the same dungeon at 11 now.

7 Likes

Its never enough is it.

Not until they’re guaranteed BiS from their emissaries.

1 Like

1 Like

i wonder if ksm req will be per achi on char or blanket 1x

well i guess since 8.3 you can get KSM doing instances on multi characters so :stuck_out_tongue: hah nm

Couldn’t you just ezy grab it from spamming 2’s of a dungeon and upgrade? At the very least you’d also be building valor too :slight_smile:

If I they made it retroactive I can bet you that we’d see 1 mill+ requests for item restoration as people try to dig up items that actually might be valuable.

1 Like

i actually already used item restore for that so i could squeeze in two of em haha

1 Like

? this is doing mythic plus - I agree it is never enough for that group of people who does mythic plus.

If it was in their emissaries they would be complaining to high heaven about that too.

They want it to sound like a great deal to people who will resubscribe without being fully aware of how it works. Then they’ll be locked in until the next come on.

1 Like

Lets be real, being 220 in every slot at this point isnt going to help alot of people.

Its more for alt gearing and fun for me personally.

very rarely on alts or main have i ever been in a group where dps was an issue. i cant even remember the last time even with two hard carries.

Ive been in a couple 2 TOPs on alts with dps that could time a 10. Failed due to mechs. explosives on the 2nd boss in mist ect… its mechs =p people at this point are geared enuff to do all content.

This 220 thing is nice for alts.

At this point, if you’re mostly or entirely a mythic+ player, you might want to consider taking a break. Because everything you do from now until that contentless micro-patch will kind of be wasted.

2 Likes

You have to get it to drop first. Took 30 plaguefall runs to get poxstorm to drop for me. I don’t think I’ll be doing that again prior to a new season, even just spamming 2s.

Other than the weekly vault, you are correct.

1 Like

Thats pretty much where I’m at. Don’t even know if I will bother with the vault. Might play an alt…I’m not sure.

Yup I’m still using a 186 Bloodspattered scale trinket from M0 and haven’t seen it drop again. I’m 208 ilvl and running 11’s-12’s now.

Did you miss the bit about technical reasons? It’s a new system. The items would have to be flagged in some way as upgradeable. Doing that retroactively would be difficult.

But also, allowing upgrades on existing stuff would effectively punish anyone who didn’t keep their formerly useless gear. Why should hoarders be randomly rewarded more than practical players who just bin worthless items? Or who sharded them because that was the best possible use at the time?

And this opinion is absolutely ridiculous to me. Shrug.