So, after a quick google search, I have to ask

Ah, well I’m not relocating to another country lol

Best I’ve ever had was a 45m lunch but only because that job let(forced) us to use 1 of our 2 breaks to extend our lunch.
I remember back when I was in highschool I had like 22 minutes to get to the cafeteria, wait in line, pay for lunch and eat.

I never understood the whole “I work 80 hours a week and don’t take breaks” brag.
Makes me think people like being taken advantage of. It’s definitely some kind of “work” fetish :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Lol adding features isn’t the same as rebuilding a game from scratch with a new engine. Some of you people are clueless.

Never said I was absolutely sure it would come out perfect. Nothing is perfect.

However they have the foundation for the games code and ways to store accounts safely during the whole thing.

Will there be some issues? Absolutely it happens when you work with something new but they’ll get that new experience working with a better engine that might allow them to do more than they ever could before.

Dunning-Kruger at its finest folks. “AlL tHeY hAvE to dO iS uSe aN iF sTatEmeNt”

Oh so you are so sure their team of 100 game devs have no clue, or even have used, the Unreal Engine before. If another engine was the answer they would have used it. You act as if these people, in their years of dev experience, have no clue about the capabilities and limitations of 3rd party engines.

and yet they have done it previously plenty of times.
Example for your wizzbum, remember how they claimed it was impossible to adjust backpack size? And what did we know, a few months later they add extra layer just for the same of activating 2Factor.

I am failing to understand what exactly are you trying to defend here?
Blizzard released a terrible expansion, ignores the majority of feedback and therefore losing A LOT OF subs.

You’re acting like some sort prophet here. And honestly, you look make yourself look an idiot. Just saying. If they managed to build great vault system, they can manage adding glyphs to the game with existing spell IDs.

Edit: on top of that, here is your post pooping on Blizzard.

Programming and Coding, especially something as big as WoW, is the closest observable thing to a “butterfly effect” we can get until time machines are invented.

1 Like

Consider unreal didn’t come out until long after wow was established obviously they haven’t considered it yet.

It’s possible they have meetings about updating the engine. You don’t know and neither do I.

But you’re for some reason being exceedingly rude over a simple conversation. Then again what should I expect from a tich player.

2 Likes

I’m in architecture.

A client told me once “all you’re doing is drawing lines”… (whys it so expensive)

1 Like

Lol me being unhappy with a feature is different then you clowns claiming some expertise in the field of software development.

I applaud you for not throat punching said client.

1 Like

Please. Show me where I say “I am an expert in software development”. Show me where I said those words. Since you can’t, stop shoving words into my mouth. You’re either doing that, or you are incapable of understanding actual conveyed messages.

As a matter of fact, you are the sole person here who claims to have expertise on the enterprise level.

1 Like

So you don’t think there are moving parts to WoW? Do you think what you download and install on your computer is the whole shebang? It’s just one tiny part of a huge eco-system. The client is to make it pretty and provide some client-side validation. I’m not sure what you mean by “2 dozen software infrastructure” but the company I work for has a microservice architecture featuring 30 different services and I would be willing to bet money that what WoW is built on is far more complicated.

1 Like

It’s because I do have expertise at the enterprise level.

To quote Steve Hofstetter, “I can see a helicopter in a tree, and I don’t need to be a helicopter pilot to know dude ****ed up…”

2 Likes

Ok, so you work on collecting 1 covenant on 1 character collectibles and you work on alts over the course of time, like every other expansion ever created for WoW?

Wow you people are so obtuse and entitled. Its not meant to give you all collectables for every armor class for every covenant during 1 expansion. That would just be plain stupid game design.

Hospitals don’t just use 1 program/software/platform. They use multiple registration systems, portal systems, EMR, every department has its own software that they utilize, ADT/messaging processing applications, outside data sources etc, actual platforms that manage other platforms. Software that is used to build out those proper connections, Data layover “stations” in between that manage formatting and varies algorithms. They are all different pieces of a massive puzzle that needs to be built and put together. This is what I do IRL. My team and I are in charge of building and maintaining the entire software “blueprint” for a hospital system with over a dozen full-scale hospitals with over 2,000 beds. So whatever enterprise RElhom works on, I doubt he can beat mine. And for some glorious reason he has the audacity to assume he is the sole person with some sort of knowledge here.

And what makes you think that everyone else here does not?

and yet this whole thing got side tracked. When all, the majority of players at least, want is proper balancing, removal of AoE cap, reduce anima costs and cosmetics and understand the failure of communication between the company and the playerbase. No one here is talking about building a new game.

3 Likes

I’m not asking for it all right away. I’m asking for the ridiculous costs to be lowered to a reasonable one or for the anima to be greatly raised when we aquire it.

Thats literally all I and many others are saying.

1 Like

I tend to agree you can gather some information through direct observation without needing to be an expert.

I can watch a guy drop dead walking down the street and go, yup, he’s dead, without knowing anything about the human body except identifying the lack of a pulse or a breathing pattern.

But some people on the forums are like “what a dumb dude dying of a heart attack! he should have taken better care of himself!”

Easy for you to say not knowing any underlying conditions or predetermined factors.

3 Likes

In this case. Clear communication about what was coming, and what their roadblocks were would be incredibly helpful.

But to do a press tour saying it was the most ambitious work they’d ever done before the release is both easily refutable and borderline dishonest.

Obviously there will still be doomsayers but, managing expectations is as important as delivering a quality product.

2 Likes