Well, I know I don't need gear but

For something to do. I don’t need more gear, I need some reason to log in and being able to get a high ilvl of gear was enough.

1 Like

Well darkshore will give 400 ilvl gear, same with the darkshore world boss. Invasions will eventually give up to 400 ilvl gear whenever they fix that. World Quests will scale to 370 & have a chance to warforge/titanforge so you have that.

If that is not enough for you, then perhaps you should not log in. I would not recommend playing a game you are not enjoying. If enough people feel this way Blizzard will have to correct their course or accept the losses.

Do what is best for you.

Mob scaleing the more the better the less annoying that gets.

1 Like

Pretty much this is spot on

Well assuming you’re 370 they already have content in place that gives higher ilevel.

• normal, heroic dzaralore(spelling)
  • heroic, mythic Uldir
  • mythic+
  • rated pvp

But I don’t wanna do harder than wq content ;_;

• darkshore wb
  • darkshore warfront
  • assaults
  • if Alliance then wpvp
  • grinding out anything for tf/wf

This is what I’m talking about when I say it’s far too easy for a low to mid tier player to outgear their skill level.

OP is an LFR raider and has no desire to challenge them self beyond that. That’s perfectly fine if that’s how they want to play. However because high level gear is so readily available through incredibly easy content they now have no incentive to raid because there is no option for gear progression at their chosen level of content.

Same thing happens with M+. If your skill level dictates that you should be running in the +4-6 range but your item level says you have to run +10s in order to get upgrades(outside of TF/WF of course) then you’ve lost the incentive to run M+ altogether.

Having higher item level gear is not going to suddenly catapult into more difficult content all by itself. All it does is remove your incentive to run the content that you’re capable of running.

I can’t tell if you guys are even reading.

The assaults are giving me 370 gear. The world quests give me up to 360 gear and yes there is titanforging. Just did a ring quest and my feral went up to 372 from 369.

People aren’t going to change what they have been doing in the game just because blizzard made their content obsolete. Most of them will just stop playing.

The darkshore wb and darkshore warfront will give me a few hours of content what once every two weeks ?

The assaults give me 370 gear and is useless except to my enchanter.

And only raiders are silly enough to seriously grind for titanforging with that low of a rate.

No, it’s not.

1 Like

Op, your post is a simple invitation for all the special snowflakes, who’s entire self esteem is wrapped up in a single number, to create a Blizzard!

Even though your gear has suboptimized stats and traits compared to their mythic gear how dare you have the same ilvl number!!! You need to know they are special and you are not. In fact the world needs to know it! The only way that is possible is that your ilvl must be significantly lower than theirs.

Let it snow! Each snowflake is sooooo unique and special.

Please snowflakes, afk in sw so all the filthy casuals can gawk in admiration and jealously of your great gear.

Funny thing is i never did that not even in Vanilla WoW I was thinking more like WoW this person really has no life at all lol.

Precisely!

It’s almost like over rewarding people and having them rely on forging ends up not working as well as designing a steady progression path with gear in a game.

1 Like

I think it’s funny im 3 ilvls away from your ilvl and i haven’t done any Mythic+ or Normal+ raiding feels good man :smile: :rofl:

1 Like

yea that’s just bad game design when you can’t create a structured progression path or reward structure… though I haven’t done anything in a few months so you could argue that it’s a matter of time vs content

Imho they are releaseing catchup content wayyy to fast.

1 Like

Can you explain this? Sorry I haven’t heard of this before.

What are you talking about? Even in legion the welfare gear only went so far.

I don’t know why you think this is a widespread problem considering you can only speak for yourself.

They aren’t having people rely on titanforging. As people in this thread are quick to point out, people doing world content don’t NEED gear, so they don’t have the same motivation as raiders to grind things like WQ in the chance they might get a piece of titanforged gear.

In any case, even if people have the desire the base ilvl of world quest gear is way too low for people who have been doing these incursions because most people are in the 370 range and the highest wq I have seen is 360.

What is special about wanting efforts to be rewarded?

If I work 10 hours of hard physical labor and you work 1 hour watching youtube videos we shouldnt get the same pay.

Simple as that.

How is this ‘welfare’ gear ? I didn’t just get it in my mailbox.

2 Likes