Well, I know I don't need gear but

Ok, most of my characters are around ilvl 370 - my horde character is exactly at 370 and got a emissary rewarding 370 gear today. My feral is ilvl 369 and got an incursion reward at ilvl 370 today (already had a ilvl 385 cloak there). Oops forgot to mention my horde character got a 370 azerite piece that ends up sitting in the bag because my neck isn’t high enough…

LFR gives ilvl 370 gear.

What exactly are people in my situation supposed to do for the next few months. There is no content that I do that will give me progress - no I am not going to all of a sudden start raiding normal plus just to have content.

You are lucky I bought that boat because otherwise I am pretty sure I would be hitting that unsub button now.

Surely I am missing something in all this or something is bugged because I am sure there are lots of people in this same situation…

1 Like

It appears you are stuck then. The intent is to reward people who do harder content with higher gear. Guess you can get the 385 from Darkshore warfront and ivus when it’s up.

4 Likes

A little late to just stop people progress when they have used this model for 2-3 years.

3 Likes

Farm Azerite for the currency and upgrade from there. Doing minimum effort in a gamr and expecting something rewarding is kinda funny.

2 Likes

If you don’t want to do harder content you have no need to be getting gear needed to do that content. You’re fine at that ilvl.

11 Likes

Yes, I knew I would get this response but seriously having a mass exodus of players in my situation isn’t good for the game.

2 Likes

The scaling cap has increased to 385 for Emissary and Assaults(although this appears bugged atm). Darkshore has also increased item level rewards for the next cycle, 400 for the quest and 400 from Ivus, 355 for everything else dropping there.
Ignore the people telling you you are playing wrong or don’t “deserve” gear. Stuff will be scaling up and you can still get stronger and progress without raiding. Also the Timewalking event is giving a piece from the new raid, so thats another potential upgrade.

3 Likes

K I thought the emissaries were supposed to be going up, so just a bug. Although how this kind of thing can be bugged it beyond me. Seems pretty simple thing to plug in a new number.

It still is determined by your current item level, so that’s also a factor in everything scaling. The only thing not scaling properly right now seems to be the assault/incursion quests.

It is the mind set behind posts like this that is effectively ruining the game. The sheer fact that you have NO CLUE how good you have it right now.

• World questing is going to scale to 385
  • Darshore is scaling up to 400
  • LFR is coming out shortly for 370+
  • Mythic+ dungeons have a ton of gear scaling even higher once Mythic DZ comes out.

It has never been easier, in the history of WoW, to get character progression and gear this high without raiding. To give you another perspective:

• My raiding main has been farming 8/8H and 1/8M in Uldir since mid-November (ILVL 376)
  • My Druid alt dinged 120 in November, hasn’t stepped foot in a single dungeon or raid (ILVL 375)

1 ILVL difference. Let that sink in.

10 Likes

This is not quite accurate, Emissary rewards will scale up to 385, world quests appear capped at 360.
Also no need for the snark, as something is bugged currently and is causing a ton of confusion in general/trade chat on servers.

1 Like

Perhaps the real snark is making threads like this on patch day :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

No patch today, and it’s not unreasonable to expect things to work smoothly or be confused and/or upset when they don’t.

1 Like

You’ve hit your personal cap as far as gear goes because of the way you play.

There are more rewards out there, whether or not you’ll go for them is up to you.

2 Likes

The cap literally just went up today on everything, please check your info before spreading misinformation.

1 Like

Darkshore is currently bugged, unless they have not yet changed it. Just acquired a 340 cloak, was testing to see if it had rolled over yet.

Edit: In response to OP, you could always run the 5 timewalking dungeons real quick for the chance at something new and interesting from the Dazar’alor cache. I’m looking forward to it personally, and most of my alts are hanging around 370ish.

Your complaint is that you can’t get better gear without doing more difficult content? This is why you would unsub? Neat.

1 Like

Please read my post before responding.

He doesn’t want to do anything else that rewards higher ilvl gear.

He’s hit HIS PERSONAL CAP for now, until he ventures into more difficult content, HIS PERSONAL CAP is 370.

Please learn to read before spreading misinformation ^-^

Darkshore won’t go up until the next cycle, which I assume is either Alliance attack phase(soon) or next Horde contribution phase, not 100% sure which one.

3 Likes

Except literally every type of content has increased in item level today, including world quests, emissaries and assaults.
The OP specifically mentions doing all three of those things.

2 Likes