Welcome to World of Botcraft: Wrath of the Bot Kings

Enjoy your stay while Blizzard tries to show Microsoft the black books by decreasing dev and QA resources.

8 Likes

How’s botting in Microsoft world?

Perhaps, they will do something about it. idk

Steam has this Easy Anticheat software that you MUST have installed on your PC. Blizzard doesn’t do that. They should.

It should be built into Battle/net app. Scans your background processes. And if you don’t like it, tough luck.

2 Likes

Let’s see how long before an entire raid of solely bots playing Isle of Conquest and Alterac Valley is a reality.

3 Likes

I resubbed to level with joyous journeys along side my friends to get some characters ready for cataclysm but now thats not even working so i decided i would try my hand at some bgs at lvl 80… well what a joke honestly, its 60% bots every single game for me atleast here on oceanic timeline maybe its better for na etc ??? i have a screenshot from a few nights ago where i am literally the only real player in the battleground (warsong gulch) everyone else were paladin bots and they all walked the same path and popped all their cds on the first encounter and then proceeded too respawn and run in and die over and over.

3 Likes

i lol’d at the wrath of the “bot kings” but i’m happy that i’m not the only person rising fingers at bots cus game is so unplayable this days when you see bots at every direction.

2 Likes

JJ is finally back as of this morning but the bot problem increases with it unfortunately. Most of the bots are leveled, not leveled so it’s a win/lose situation with the bots. I’m glad JJ is back but the bots are just going to make playing at level 80 that much worse.

2 Likes

No one is going to want to play the game when eventually the majority of players are bots. Looks like Blizzard was getting tired of using dev resources for Classic servers and instead just allowed the bot population to balloon.

4 Likes

That’s not true at all. GDKPs dominate Classic and they’re held up by RMT. Players want to be able to buy gold and buy gear with that gold. They don’t care about bots. That’s the playerbase Blizz is cultivating. Bots and whales.

1 Like

Hopefully the bots ruin SoD too so that the dev resources can properly go straight to the waste bin. Blizzard has always ignored the bot problem overall so it’s only fair the consequences drag Blizzard down too. A “report” is simple just a stopgap measure.

If Blizzard had any real intentions to stop bots, they would have used the same logic they did against the gold sellers with the WoW token.

I legitimately hate Blizzard as a company. As Horde, I haven’t won a BG since Friday. And I’ve tried a lot. Every game has at least 40% of our players as bots. Alliance has a fraction of it. I can’t believe what a disgusting company blizzard has become.

1 Like

40%!!! you have the best luck…I’m seeing 60-80%

I suggest if blizzard allows them (bots are paid accounts, paid accounts = revenue, revenue is good on paper) then at LEAST separate them out and let them fight each other in BGs. Limiting real player exposure is where we unfortunately need to compromise to I guess.

OR

REMOVE the reward these bots are farming from the honor vendors.

1 Like

Agreed. Separate them out. It’s not hard to distinguish them from real players, they are all geared/named/move the same way. Just put them in the same BGs. I can’t believe how angry I am at this.

They aren’t revenue, in many cases.

Either Blizzard are liars or inept, then. If it’s a net financial loss for them, they’d simply ban the bots. They’re insanely easy to spot even without using technology.

Nah, since they allowed wow tokens they incentivized botters to become legitimate. Blizzardy doesn’t care about anything but money.

3 Likes

On servers with smaller populations, groups of bots are more common. I always report these movements, this does not justify a player from server X instantiating on server Y. Saying that it is for farming is nonsense. The objective is different and Blizzard has to observe and respond to reports more quickly.
Today there are more efficient processes to identify, however, it is frustrating to see people who spend days and weeks in the same place doing this, if not a gigantic line of drakes farming plants and minerals, where you notice a bug in the bot yourself when making the flight .

Think a little harder, sometimes.

Blizz looks so inept in those Blue posts. Which are 5 years old before Classic even launched, by the way.

The Bots are completely obvious. A few GMs could wipe them out in a few days. If that’s what Blizzard really wanted, which they clearly don’t.

2 Likes

Classic launched in 2019. Those posts are from 2018.

Which they answered about. Its about being careful to not also ban actual innocent players in the process.

I’d say they do want to wipe out bots. Permanent eradication just isn’t possible.

1 Like

I made it that far. I can’t tell if you’re being sarcastic or suck at math.

2018 is before 2019…

1 Like

2018 isn’t 5 years before 2019. I think your math is a bit challenged.