Welcome! Please Read--

Welcome to the WoW Classic New Guild Listings forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can post guild listings for WoW Classic, find a new guild in WoW Classic, and discuss organizing with your fellow players.

Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct and guidelines before posting.

Terms of Use: Terms of Use for Blizzard’s Websites

Guidelines

In addition to the forum Code of Conduct, here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, they cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked.

The World of Warcraft forums are for discussion of topics directly related to World of Warcraft.

The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to World of Warcraft, Battle.net, or Blizzard Entertainment are subject to deletion.

Don’t post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, and/or non-standard symbols, etc.

While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion.

Using the words “Blizzard,” “Blue,” or any community team members’ names in a thread topic is frowned upon.

Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that; however, use of such words in the subject line does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion.

Posting “First” or IBTL (“in before lock”) constitutes as spamming.

You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (“in before the lock”) is not helpful, and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so.

Do not “bump” posts.

The act of posting simply to bump a thread is considered spamming. This also includes bumping very old threads for no reason (called “necro bumping” or “necroing”).

Petition posts are frowned upon.

These are discussion forums and, as such, we ask that you hold discussions. Creating a thread to ask for replies as votes is not a discussion. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion.

Do not post about locked or deleted threads.

Posts that are moderated have a reason behind the moderation. It’s up to you to read the forum Code of Conduct and these guidelines to determine what you did wrong, learn from your mistake, and attempt to post again without breaking any rules.

There is also cool down period we institute during times of high forum traffic. If you are violating policy during one of these times due to frustration, you will be given a three-hour cool down suspension. This does not get logged on your record and is simply in place to keep the forums readable and civil. Serious violations will still have the appropriate action taken against them as documented in the Code of Conduct, and we do keep track of these cool down periods separately—if one is found to be repeatedly violating policy, appropriate action will be taken.

What if I would like to submit feedback on posts from Blizzard employees but not post on the forums as call outs are against the rules?
If you have any sort of issue or feedback about a Blizzard employee’s posts then you can submit that via email at wowcmfeedback@blizzard.com.

MVPs: Most Valuable Forum Posters

It’s been quite a while since we’ve shared information regarding our forum MVP program. If you frequent Blizzard forums you’ve no doubt seen jade text stamped across threads here and there. Those with the power to wield green words are regular players – just like you – who’ve been recognized for their contributions to the forums in one way or another. And since we want to provide these player advocates with the resources they need to continue being awesome posters, MVPs have direct lines of contact with Blizzard community managers.

Now the time has come to bolster the MVP ranks. Those chosen for the program aren’t official representatives of Blizzard, and they don’t have to agree with every decision we make. They also aren’t expected to give up their posting personas in order to join. Our goal is to find frequent posters who are a positive influence on the gaming community in some form, whether it be through posting strategy guides or tips on various aspects of gameplay, or even just bringing a positive and constructive tone to the forums when socializing with their peers.

If you or someone you know fits the description of a Most Valuable Poster as laid out in the MVP FAQ, email us at MVPs@Blizzard.com. We select MVPs based on a large set of criteria, so don’t be discouraged from putting your name out there if you only post on, say, the Protoss Discussion or DPS Class Role forums. MVPs are welcome to post wherever they’re comfortable, including across the Diablo III, StarCraft II, and World of Warcraft forums.

But remember! The key to being a strong candidate is having a solid posting history. We’re always on the lookout for the next shining beacon of good within the community to join the illustrious ranks of our MVPs.

MVP FAQ

Q. Why was the MVP Program created?

A. In many cases, the answers to questions posed on the forums have already been provided by Blizzard Entertainment employees, or are common knowledge for many in the community. However, answers by fellow players often go unnoticed while the original poster seeks a more official response.

In order to address this, we have instituted a program that has shown great success on other Blizzard forums: the MVP (Most Valuable Poster) program. A distinctive posting text color (green) is given to identified MVPs who answer other players’ questions consistently and accurately. It lends a note of credibility to what they post; it allows players seeking answers to take what they say at face value, and frees up Blizzard representatives so that they can focus on their primary responsibilities.

Q. What does an MVP do?

A. MVPs promote constructive posting wherever they can. They contribute to the community and encourage polite discussion throughout the forums. When you see an MVP post, listen to what they have to say—they were also chosen for their knowledge of the game.

Q. Why didn’t you select _____, someone who always gives great constructive feedback on X subject?

A. Please understand that MVPs are not class/race or community representatives in that sense; they are not chosen for their ability to criticize game mechanics and give feedback. They certainly can do this (and many do). The members of the Community Team are still your vehicles through which you should submit feedback by posting on the forums and in blog comments. We do not have a class/race representative system in place at this time and would prefer to hear all players’ feedback instead of a select few.

Q. Why aren’t MVPs the hardest of the hardcore players?

A. You do not have to be max level in World of Warcraft, at the top of the StarCraft II ladder, or have the best collection of items in Diablo III to answer the majority of questions on the forums clearly and accurately. You do not need a specific number of Achievement points to be able to direct players to the appropriate page on the website for their question, or to link to an answer already given by Blizzard. MVPs are chosen primarily for their demonstrated communication skills and helpfulness toward the community, and while some of them may also be top-ranked players in one or more Blizzard games, it’s not a requirement.

Q. Why aren’t MVPs distinguished by the forum they post in most frequently, or the Blizzard game they play most?

A. We request that all MVPs post only where they feel comfortable. With that said, a Battle.net account flagged by Blizzard with MVP status will display as such across all forums, and on all of our new Battle.net community websites. An MVP should therefore be considered a valuable contributor to the community wherever he or she is posting.

Q. How can I become an MVP?

A. Keep posting constructively, answering questions about the game, and encouraging discussion throughout the forums—we’ll take notice. Be sure to follow the Code of Conduct as well!

Questions or concerns regarding the MVP program or its participants can be directed to MVPs@Blizzard.com .

49 Likes

Thank you for adding the Guild Recruitment section to the forum!

9 Likes

Has Blizzard ever considered the option to filter Guild Recruitment posts by faction and server type at the least?

I can imagine it being stressful and tedious to look through so many posts for simple criteria that could be filtered by a more organized forum. Not saying the forum isn’t organized but we can make it stronger.

There could always be the ‘Show All’ view available, right?

Current retail WoW has no need of this function really, but I think with Classic still
being pre-launch, players are being picky about which server type and, obviously, faction they join.

Has this been discussed?

To add:
There are Discord servers which segregates the different faction, server type, and even region. Just feels so nice to search and post there. I would like the same warm feeling when using the Blizzard site. Anyone else?

21 Likes

If you’ve seen what they did for the Server Connections stuff, its probably not possible.

1 Like

Vote Blom for MVP 2k19

1 Like

:crossed_swords: <Competent Casuals> :crossed_swords:

| [US] Server TBA | Alliance-PVE | Casual Social / Semi-Serious Raiding]

ABOUT US

Looking for a casual raiding guild that’ll still progress, are adults, aren’t up their own asses and just want to make new memories in classic with you?

We’re a casual oriented friend/family guild that will be rolling on an alliance PVE realm. We’re a raiding guild first and foremost but still plan to dabble in PvP for sure. The guild was made with adults in mind. So those that have jobs, families and a life outside of wow yet know how to bring it during the weekend and raid nights is exactly the type of person I made this guild for. Casual yet competent.

GOALS

We’re NOT in a rush to hit max level. Of course raiding is in our sights and I expect us to get going around Dec / Jan or so. However, I want you to take your time. Smell the roses etc. Once we’re all hitting max level and have some early dungeon gear we WILL be raiding and taking it fairly seriously.

RAID SCHEDULE (Central Standard Time)

We’re thinking weekends in the evening once MC gets underway. 2 nights a week (Fri Sat or Sat Sun) with a much more casual mid week raid night that’ll be ZG / AQ 20 etc.

LOOT

DKP and Loot Council with a stronger emphasis on DKP. There’s rare exceptions we might allow someone to get an advance on their DKP (tanks healers) for the sake of progression. For the most part things are going to be as fair as possible. This is a promise to anyone that joins.

EXPECTATIONS

Please check out the guild website for expectations / rules and policies etc.

Link to Discord can be found on the site. Please look over the rules first.

5 Likes

Please add this functionality, Blizz.

1 Like

ayye, respect kaivax…always posting the good good

1 Like

sounds good :+1:

1 Like

Yes please…
Its a total waste of time searching through the list for hours…

1 Like

May I post the same post days after the original post?

1 Like

Hello everyone,

If you are reading this forum and wondering why there was no answer, may I provide one.

When looking at the guild forum all you need to do is type the server name and faction you are looking for in the search bar. It will find all the guilds and faction based on your search parameter.

I have done this for myself and it works fine.

I hope this helps anyone looking for a resolution to this question.

4 Likes

Any chance of filtering for guild search? Specifically time, as most posts are EST,CST,PST,PDT. So when your trying to search for a specific time and timezone, it’s almost impossible to weed through all the posts to find a guild!

1 Like

Allo there wow classic fans and followers.I would like to start off with some problems about how some classes have the advantage on other classes… Like the rogue is capable sapping a priest for 35 seconds and resapping . and resapping with out it breaking or have to use any trinkets or spell to get out of the sap. SAP is to overpowered that needs to be fixed. saping for 15 secondes rather then 43 seconds.also i would like to add mages spell ability the SHEEP. is also a tool for a long period of cc that also needs to be nerfed to 15 seconds giving the ability for other classes to get a better chance of getting our of a long cc…and one last thing… I had an idea for shadow priest since we lack of survivability and aoe… adding mind flay an AOE cast to hit 3-4 targets depending on how far they are reducing the amount of damages done to the x amount of players hit with,. also adding 1or 2 ability that shadow priest can get out of 2v1 3v1 something like ice block or vanish. thanks and good luck!

2 Likes

My problem has not been solved. The server where the character name “Mmpvl” is located is blessing. When I enter the game, it shows that “the character name you selected already exists”. The problem is that I have already played the role of Grade 49. How can such a problem occur? I hope you can help me solve it as soon as possible, because I hope I can reach the full level faster than my partners

1 Like

test. Sorry trying to sync my logs and this is a step… :frowning:

1 Like

emphasized text

Thanks for the good work !

Thank you!