We want WOW classic xpacs to be permanent!

I miss TBC, i know people will miss WOTLK when cata comes out, i will in some aspect as well. Wasnt the point of classic to combat private servers… well those private servers were special because they stayed with 1 singular xpac. Some people really like specific expansions, so let us play them. Please HELP!

80 Likes

Yeah, let’s divide the playerbase even more. Great idea.

8 Likes

I mentioned something like this in another post… But I agree… Like if I’ve paid for WoD then my game should stop for me there and on a separate server. But I suspect this means if a game comes along that I want to play and I don’t have expans to merger these games together, then I would have to upgrade past that point.

1 Like

I will never understand this argument. You are not splitting the player base, if anything you are retaining the people who would leave to private servers or just flat-out quit.

38 Likes

:100:

The playerbase is already divided… and thriving. When people have a place to play the game they want to play they will absolutely do that. If Blizzard doesn’t provide it, they will find it elsewhere.

If Blizzard doesn’t want to provide the service, no problem, license the server API to private server hosting with an expectation of a subscription fee. Blizzard can pretend they’re Valve/Apple and take a 30% cut for licensing fees and people get to play the expansion they love.

19 Likes

I’d be fine with that if once the inevitable crying starts to be able to take your main to another version of the game that Blizz ignores the whining.

It’s called choice.

4 Likes

I think their motivation to create classic servers was in part to secure their I.P… This is becoming obvious, since it is not for the players to decide. They have their own goals and objectives to meet, and unfortunately they don’t align with player choice.

6 Likes

Would be nice to have Era servers expansed to TBC and WotLK. Allow a paid service to move from one Era to another.

5 Likes

They kinda have right?

So far with Era.
But they could add TBC Era for example as long as those characters stay there and not move to other Eras.

1 Like

100% agree.

Blizzard, release a TBC server and see if it gets a healthy population on it. If it does, then release a WotLK server as well. Then allow for paid transfers between them. People can do progression on their own and you can allay some costs with the monetized transfers (players can start on Era, then move to TBC and then WotLK), while hopefully turning a profit with subs. Also allow for reverse transfers too, with a compensation mechanic for levels and equipment lost (Gold, gear, and/or maybe a level boost for another character on the server a player is moving to?).

This can work, especially if you stop making these gimmick servers (HC, Season of whatever, etc.). And no insult intended to HC players. You can still use the mod to do HC all you want. Win-win.

6 Likes

If you want this then the progression servers filled that desire.

I wouldn’t mind seeing an Era for TBC and Wrath in addition to the base game currently available. But have a character/characters on each. Don’t get into the cloning or transferring nonsense. Less janky changes/programming for the “compensation mechanic” and less opportunities for gold transferring which doesn’t need to happen. Free-standing Eras would be cool.

Lots of people enjoy seasonal and HC.
As someone that might want allies to help convince Blizzard, maybe don’t propose to end those players fun.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t mind it

2 Likes

I only want TBC if they nerf the heroics massively and remove all attune requirements. In addition they need fix the spawn rate on raid mats, either make them drop 2x or add more layers for farming. Either way TBC had a lot of problems that prevented raid participation.

1 Like

Yes! I want all xpacs as Era too!

6 Likes

True. My apologies. My intent was to illustrate a minimal effort on Blizzard’s part, and a more full experience for the general player base.

2 Likes

LOL the only games people are playing are SoD and Era, the rest of wow is dead.

And you know what… that’s ok.

Because if you like TBC or Wrath or Cata or whatever you can play that… Overall if Blizzard was smart they would keep a single server for each version… Be that 1 PVP and 1 PVE server with shared BG’s / Arena if applicable for each version.

This way people can play the version they enjoy most.

The option should exist for a player to start out in Vanilla and once they reach cap can copy their character over to the next version (only unlocks at level cap for the expansion)

This way any player can play the original experience over and over… This would also allow for some of us who really enjoy the “iron man” style experience to do so from level 1 to final version doing so with the correct spells and abilities and the correct player damage and equipment, etc.

None of what I have said is “too expensive” or “too complicated”; those are excuses used by weak minded, lazy and the selfish.

15 Likes

Yeah, this would be pretty cool.

2 Likes

If you want the game murdering, falsely so called expansions to be permanent after witnessing the damage they do to this game, you cannot be helped.

TBC killed World of Warcraft and WotLK defiled its corpse.

The first falsely so called expansion…

…traded 2 massive continents for 7 ugly zones
…introduced too much sci-fi too early
…forever destroyed the lore (Blood Elves in the Horde)
…killed faction identity (neutral city, paladins and shamans on both sides)
…removed open world gameplay with flying

Im sure i missed a few points, but it is undeniable that TBC took away more from the base game than it added. It is not an expansion.

WotLK may have partly returned the game to a more grounded fantasy setting, but followed the same lazy “expansion” formula they cooked up and did nothing to fix the massive mistakes made with TBC, rather made them worse. Because TBC is the killer, WotLK doesnt even need to be discussed.

World of Warcraft has no expansions.

The thing that comes closest to being a World of Warcraft expansion is the Turtle WoW private server. And im not very happy to admit that.

1 Like