We want RDF

It really is bad for the social experience, for it removes the incentive to engage in social interactions.

It brings them together, but then what? It’s like saying the subway is good, it does bring people together. It doesn’t really do it in a better way, it just puts them together without zero incentives to talk to each other.

If people wanted to run those dungeons, then they should improve their social skills, which, according to I don’t know how many studies, is good for people’s well-being. The LFG tool, is not a system that matches people for a dungeon, it’s just a message-board tool, for that end, it fulfills its purpose. You expect the tool to do something that is not designed to do.

Because they want to learn from their mistakes, they decided to leave it out of the game. Brian literally said that they want to undo things that changed the game mechanics.

Except that it doesn’t. In an RDF group I am still socializing with 4 other players no different than any other pug. My incentive to preform a group stays the same as well.

5 Likes

It doesn’t remove any incentive to engage in social interactions, you can still go on global to find a group and then use RDF tool if you’d like to, it literally improves your current experience.

The current tool is garbage and needs improvement, that is as clear as day.

RDF in the other hand has achievements that truly encourage players to play multiple dungeons all the way from 1 to 80.

It’s not about social skills at all, the current system is like driving a car with square tires , it does not work , in low population realms the car goes from having square tires to also having cracked windshield.

Why would we suffice with such tool when we could be driving a ferrari.

It looks like you haven’t studied or read much about sociology, psychology, human behaviour and social skills. If RDF was in the game, more people would be drawn to use it due to its efficiency, path of least resistance effect, leaving those that don’t want RDF with no choice but to use it. There’s no need to engage in social interaction because people would have to put zero effort into forming the group, and that in itself brings other consequences.

Care to explain why you insist in saying that a message-board system is garbage?

A lot of people play for the social aspect of the game. Don’t you find it ironic how you claim it would help players but ignore those affected by it?

Coming from a low population realm, I can tell you that the experiences you speak of with the current system are pretty much non existent

It takes in average 1 hour to 2 hours to form a group for a dungeon from level 1-70, when you do find players, they end up leaving most of the time before you actually finish building the party

Once you hit lvl 70 your time dramatically changes but still takes in average at least 30 minutes to form a group if you can.

The current system let’s all sort’s of players quee whoever they want, they never fixed this from launch, rdf doesn’t have that issue, if you are a mage, you can’t sing up to heal or tank.

The only true time where there is a “Social interaction” between players with the current tool is when the server was first launched or when northernd was opened for all players, that whole social interaction thing doesn’t exist in low population realms

With the current system , especially in low population realms, it only hurts new players that are hitting level 80 and they cant even run a dungeon.

6 Likes

We’re left with only big decisions to fix the current mess

Wether it be

Merging realms
Opening transfers in locked realms (Especially to low population realms)
Unlocking character boost in locked realms
Implementing RDF

I’m not denying that low populated servers have real problems, but you want to introduce a solution that would help about 15% of the players or less, at the expense of the rest of them.

Merging realms sounds like a good solution. Opening transfers is very unpredictable, because some people might choose a faction dominated server. Unlocking character boosts won’t do much for old world content.

Where I’m from, we would say that implementing RDF would be like killing a fly with a cannon.

Edit: I’ll leave this here… again. I’ve lost count how many times I’ve posted this message across different threads:

- Mike Morhaime, former Blizzard CEO

Wouldn’t you agree that character boost’s is a great way to encourage players to join a realm ?

The only part that sucks about character boosts are bots, which blizzard always has the option to ban but they don’t.

To join a realm? Yes, it would help population-wise speaking, but I don’t see how that would help players that are 1~69.

Boosts bring different problems, but I rather see people spend their money on Blizzard than on third-party hackers.

WE ALL WANT THAT, I don’t know why there are a few internet trolls who only say the opposite just to intoxicate the environment with their bad jokes.

Actually the not RDF would have been good as I said several times IF BLIZZARD HAD KEEPED THAT OVER 12M PLAYERS LIKE IT WAS IN 2009

Now it is 2022, the rest of its players that filled the hype queue at the start of this classic server went to the honeymoon farce of the 10.0 hype, leaving the same as the vanilla Classic server almost like a ghost town server.

thing that the LFG IS HARD to find players to enter a game, worse when you are less than lvl 80 and you have to do normal dungeons like the ones of Vanilla in high level 60 and the ones of TBC, frustrating the use of LFG for what I so much ask that the RDF be assigned if the classic servers are not for a hype and not even for the comfort of a community with a small audience of servers that is dying from a false honeymoon hype of an expansion that only makes a lot of noise but nothing.

1 Like

It was never a requirement to start with…lol

4 Likes

What language are you translating from?

I don’t know, if you’re asking me, you understood me.

And much better that you go to the point of the problem of the Thread.

No I don’t care about that. I care about knowing what language you’re using machine translation to translate from.

The teleport isn’t a reward you idiot.

2 Likes

The rdf tool purpose is to put you in a group with other people to do dungeon content. Anything outside of that is a bonus reward it gives, including the teleport. You can refuse to accept that fact, but it is a fact.

No, that’s just how it fits in your head.

A better argument is, how did they implement it in the original 3.3.5 patch? anything added to that would be a bonus if not that’s how they intended it to work when launched.

You openly admit to not trying in your raid, you get carried, the people in your raid try much more than you do.

Yet the things you argue for are so cringe it’s actually insane.

You’re arguing against teleporting to a dungeon to save time when you have shown how lazy you are and you’re arguing against useless badges.

It’s like the amount of cringe that comes out of you is insane.

Also nothing with RDF is a bonus if that’s how it was at launch, a bonus would of been adding something on top of how it was when it launched.

Like doubling the badges you got, that would be a bonus, getting 2 badges for the daily isn’t a bonus because it was like that at launch, same thing with teleporting.

You’re more of a “back in my day” kind of a player.

4 Likes

Well no the only fact is that the only additional things you could get from RDF that were the tiny bonuses for running 3+ heroics a day. Most things you labeled as “rewards” were just changes to existing systems so they would work better cross realm.

4 Likes

Sub ends soon, probably won’t resub even for Ulduar. Maybe I will if my guild says great things about Ulduar and if they’re having a great time, but I’ve just moved on to other things, I’ll miss seeing all the RDF arguments about how bad it is and how it makes the game worse.

Sadistic little side of me rather wants Classic to die just to see the mental gymnastics of the antis when they try to explain why it did. Can’t blame RDF for it if it never got implemented so what will they say?

6 Likes