We traded one spam for another Trade chat is now toxic

Indeed. Advertising third party sites on Blizzard’s platforms is not allowed even if it is one single post. The category they want us to use is “Spam” even though the message is not technically being “spammed” over and over.

The forum report flag actually defines it pretty well.

Ya’ll keep saying hit the ignore button, but ya couldn’t do that for the boosting communities. There were RMT communities, which was/is against ToS in it’s entirety. But there were LEGIT gold only communities which got royally screwed over because of this.

1 Like

Ye, calling ppl bots has to end. Brokers were ppl advertising with Macro’s… Also if it’s as simple as turning off trade chat, then why did y’all salty crackers not just turn off trade chat when it was full of advertisements? You’ve been complaining about advertising, now it’s time to complain about the BS which is chat right now.

Honestly,they should have it only in general chat . Spamming trade chat just get under people skins. And yes, I do know they don’t have server wide general chat everyone knows that.

No,just curse words and rudeness.

Okay, but that’s why people use trade chat over general chat. That was my point. They have more people to talk to or annoy. General chat doesn’t.

I’m still astounded that people are only just now finding out about how trade chat can be. Did none of y’all ever play on MG or WrA? lol

First of all the didn’t ban boosting. That is factually inaccurate. They banned big cross server boosting groups essentially just removing the middle man. Person to person boosts are still, always have, and likely always will be allowed.

As for can we get trade happening in trade? It was. People were advertising an exchange of services for gold. That is trade. And they still will after the change too, but, instead of a discord server name it will be guild names. Essentially nothing will change about trade chat long term.

2 Likes

On ours we don’t use it for role play just trade and if we did Bronzebeards would have reported you for it ,they are the most traditionalist I’ve ever seen in wow.

now that’s the trade chat i remember

1 Like

No one uses trade chat for roleplaying. I’m saying that on MG and WrA, trade chat has always been like this. And trade chat on most high pop servers was like this after Barrens Chat when bye bye.

So this surprised Pikachu face reaction just boggles my mind.

LOL right?

I don’t mind some adult chat but here dope they wouldn’t allow it.

Trying to fun police trade chat will never work. Just let people have their fun, their arguments, and such. If you want to use trade chat for trade, then do it, you won’t hurt anyone, but don’t pretend that their chatting is somehow hurting you.

:slightly_smiling_face:

You have some typos, my good Dwarf! I suspect phone autocorrect. It happens to me all the time. :rofl:

I only point it out in case you wish to fix them, because you always type so well. I’m not trying to be a grammar witch, I promise! It’s still readable. :purple_heart:

1 Like

I’m not in trade on my main but when I am on an alt and I see something that is against blizzard’s policies like slurs or politics, I report it.

It’s not about being the “fun police” You should be able to log into the game and play it without having to be subject to peoples personal or political opinions. Trade chat is meant for Trade. It’s not a soapbox for individuals to try and shove their opinions down your throat and then flame others for having a different one.
Log in, play, and have fun. Leave all the other BS and your world saving opinions to yourself.

So trade chat is back to being what it used to be. xD

That’s what people wanted :laughing:

Hmm, let me go and see if there is really some adult conversations going on :rofl:

Good, now we can practice patience, using the report and ignore buttons, and work on our resistance to nerd toxicity. I’d rather have it this way than boosters hurting our game.

Dang it, just as I thought ,nothing going on .It maybe too early.