We traded one spam for another Trade chat is now toxic

just a few people, huh? to monitor posts in at least a handful of languages across dozens and dozens of servers 24 hours a day?

I like a good whoopie cushion joke…

I have forgotten what it’s like to even have my /2 Trade Channel turned on.

1 Like

I think people say and do the things they do just to get reactions out of people, that’s why I don’t take anything serious :laughing:

None of those things give people permission to break the rules they agreed to though. They are great tools, certainly. However if people decide to break the rules and get reported they can still get actioned.

6 Likes

If I was the company and somebody was reporting a ton of posts every hour I’d have the system alert a CM and, if they were false flags, suspend that persons reporting privileges for a time or give them an ingame silence.

It’s like the people using the flag system on the forums because they don’t like what somebody says and not because it breaks tos. Just give them a forum suspension instead.

1 Like

I’ve been in several trade chats on busy servers and people are mostly chatting. On one dead server for the first time I saw conversation, probably a coincidence.

People are only using it because it’s hip to be typing in trade right now.
Give it less than a week and people will be over it.

It’s like telling a kid not to touch something.

1 Like

What about the people that are getting actioned by posting once “WTS …” and then mass reported and automatically silenced for some duration of time?

Trade chat should literally be used for trading in game items or services - period. All this talk about politics belongs elsewhere. If you deny this, you are part of the problem…

1 Like

3 Likes

This is what trade chat was meant to be, not really but it’s what it has always been since vanilla. Its was always used for politics and flaming not trade. I thought everyone knew this since everyone in this forum has been playing since alpha.

Then why’s it called “Trade” chat?

1 Like

Ask blizzard it’s been flaming and politics since like week 2 of the game.

2 Likes

I think regular types of conversation bleeds into trade chat because that where people see the people talking and answer or address them there.
Sort of like my trash accumulation theory: any place someone dumps one bag of junk someone else shows up to add to it. Which is why you get illegal dumpsites that pop up in out of the way areas, one dweeb dumps a couch off on the side of the road and 2 weeks later it takes the city 3 dump trucks to haul it all away.
Short version , people follow , they will talk to and where they see Other people talking.

Appeal. You can get auto squelched for lots of distinct reports in a short time. However, a single message selling a mount or something won’t get you an actual GM applied Silence. If it does, they messed up and you appeal.

Politics don’t belong in game, in my opinion. It is usually divisive and used to troll and disrupt.

Blizzard’s stance on Trade is that it is a suggested use, but not mandated. We can talk about whatever we want within the game rules. As the only cross location chat it tends to be the most populated and have the most discussion.

People talking about their favorite snacks or the football scores is not against the current rules.

2 Likes

Sure, if someone was abusing it that should be looked into.
I’m reporting in good faith and not that many. But if you’re a low level alt spamming general and trade chat on CD with your sales pitch, you’re getting reported without hesitation.
A lot of others are reporting because they don’t know the full policy and are just fed up with the boost spam.
Sellers need to learn to “read the room” and maybe take a week off.

2 Likes

Lmao.

Please, continue on the forums more with your racism and stereotypes…

1 Like

I notice that there aren’t a lot of them that actually can do this… If you don’t wanna get shot in a warzone, keep your head down.

I invoke Godwins Law…