We told you Blizzard was not going to cave in

After the whole flight fiasco, I’m surprised WoW wasn’t shuttered before Legion. The community is always in a mood.

Nah there would be sighs of relief and 90% of the high tier raiders would just quit :slight_smile:

Would probably also mean the raid team would move on to another mmo maybe one currenty in dev.

Does it really matter who is in charge of game design if fatal mistakes are made and kept in the game until half the remaining playerbase has left, because of the hubris of the designers?

“Shadowlands: We’ll show you who is boss” doesn’t have a nice ring to it.

2 Likes

Well considering the content would be wiped clean in a week, like Heroic currently is, sure.

The point is, they want their game to last, and they want to keep people engaged. Mythic raiding does that. Tightly tuned, high level content keeps people subbed for months working through it.

Now imagine you make that dedicated player base pick a cosmetic element they resent, based on the fact the content is tightly tuned to keep them engaged. Do you think that will motivate their engagement ?

This isn’t just Mythic raiding either. Think rated PvP. Heck, just from a casual standpoint, think about the “Cool looking ability that’s fun to use” but isn’t in the Covenant you want to play.

Covenants should have been a story, transmog and mount choice. Player power should be Player power. A row of level 60 talents, or a single “Player power grind” tied to a central faction outside of Covenants would have been better overall for every sphere of the game.

4 Likes

80% of the content is geared towards any Spec/Covenant combination. The only area where that doesn’t apply is Mythic or cutting-edge content because those players literally want it that way. That’s why Mythic has its own raid tier.

This such a simple yet elegant solution. I don’t know why they didn’t just do this…

Because of

meaaniinnggffulll cchhhoooiiiccceeee

1 Like

Then what does Blizz have for everyone buying everything for them to continue with the game? They definitely aren’t the ones paying our way.

That avoids the “Cool looking ability that’s fun to use but isn’t in the Covenant you want to play” part.

And if you don’t think Heroic raids won’t also have the same sort of trickle down requirements as Mythic does, I don’t know what to say. Same for rated PvP. Same for high end Mythic+.

Heck, just for Torghast, there are likely to be “good” and “bad” choices.

1 Like

That will forget about a month in or less.

It’s hard to argue that WoW isn’t on a hard down slope recently. You may enjoy waiting until the last third of an expac to pick up but others are tired of it.

I won’t be buying SL on launch, a trend that is new for myself personally. It may not kill WoW but it’s not doing any favours towards my own sale.

1 Like

At this point I can’t even wait for the system to come out.

These threads will erupt like a fireworks factory with rage when they start getting declined from groups. It was never even going to impact me.

Me either. Still there are players out there that are determined to group based on Covenant choice.

How much it will happen will have to see some time into SLs cycle.

I bet the threads that erupt will be more of the “Blizzard, why do I have to be an Angel to get a cool spear ? I want bone armor, but a cool spear toss!” from some LFR Warrior, exposing the whole “it’s just Mythic raiders that are complaining” as the sham it is.

1 Like

Join a guild. Than you won’t be at the mercy of overbearing pugs. Getting AotC or +15 or 2K ain’t requiring flavor of the month, unless you’re selling them.

I didn’t play WOD but even I heard about the fiasco of the developers messing with flying. It is no wonder they no longer post sub numbers.

No one would like the game if there was “true balance”, Would you really want every class and every spec to have exactly the same abilities, that scale at the same rate and do the same damage / healing, but just have slightly different animations?

True balance may not be achievable but it’s not fun maining a spec that doesn’t fit within the content you wish to play.

1 Like

Obviously, If I mythic raid, I’m in a guild.

No, I’ll be at the mercy of caring for my guildmates and not wanting to waste their time with subpar choices.

Balance =/= Homogenization.

I don’t want every class to feel the same and play the same, but I would like a talent row with 3 choices to have an actual 3 choices. Not 1 defacto choice and 2 huge mistakes.

1 Like

That is the balance dance they always play, one spec is good for a while and then too many people play it so it gets nerfed and then another takes it’s place.