We told you Blizzard was not going to cave in

wow doesnt have to be ballanced, the players just want it to be for their raiding and mythic plus. im pretty sure pvp would require it to not be ballanced in the same way as raiding or mythic plus. its best not have ballance trying to do that only breaks the game.

1 Like

Claiming that it wouldn’t effect everyone and would only effect 2 to 10%

1 Like

That is why I said the loudest, Also the MMO champ community blerg.

I think they self defeated themselves on it. If Blizzard was to change it, they might think back on how they acted and change mind, just because they don’t want to give in to that part of the community.

5 Likes

They will change it the question is just how long it will take and how many subs they will bleed.

6 Likes

I’m thinking this goes hand-in-hand with them making it easier to level alts this xpac; i.e., they want you to level up 4 characters if you’re determined to see all outcomes.

We already make a faction choice and that eliminates half the story unless you go Double Agent. It’s not a new concept.

2 Likes

Yep being able to change in the covenant base definitely means you can concurrently access all abilities and the 12 soulbinds all at once along with every conduit and legendary /s

2 Likes

How long did blizzard ignore everyone but the raiding community during WoD while seeing almost everyone quit.

No one is asking to be given everything. In fact, quite the opposite, people that do challenging and high level content would love to have an actual choice of Covenants, not have to pick the one with the highest output or utility for their chosen content sphere.

1 Like

I don’t see how it’s a good thing at all. And what I’m saying is, if I want to swap from destro to demo, or prot to ret, I no longer have that option. Which is more of a conduit problem. Remove the weekly CD crap and that solves part of the problem.

It’s weird that people think that less options is a good thing. Mind blowing.

3 Likes

Yeah easier to level. Right now on beta since the last xp nerf if you do literally every single quest both side and main story you are topping out about halfway through 58 without warmode on.

1 Like

It’s not going to be as big of a deal as you think it will be. I looked at covenants a bit on the beta and I think people are going to be too busy having fun to complain.

2 Likes

This so much. We all know where this goes. They will change it once the metas come out, and even Heroic guilds start enforcing meta picks and pugs start kicking people for non-meta picks.

And it’ll be another “We told you so” moment.

1 Like

Blizzard ignored the raiding community as well and shelved a raid. They still refuse to admit that people quit because of flying and have implemented never ending grinds latching onto the claims of nothing to do. The reality is there was just as much to do as early mop but the war against flying made it take 4 plus times as long and feel much worse.

2 Likes

they gave mostly to their community TBH PVP was so terrible as well.

Yea, no. Players that do cutting-edge content always chase the trends. Making Covenants instant-swappable makes that even more accessible.

You still have that option. I’m not really getting the ‘this ability isn’t the greatest, therefore I cannot change specs or Covenants’ angle. It sounds like you just don’t want to do the bare minimum to have ‘the best’ ability for X content.

2 Likes

Would change a whole bunch for me?

I like having to make that choice. I like that I won’t be having unholy nova, and will make sure to let husband know each time I see it, how we could have been that, but he wanted to be this.

Sounds boring. I do care about the power. I get mind games, and a teleport. That is cool. I wanted Unholy more.

In life, you can’t always have your way. i would love player housing. I would love for even more RPG elements in wow. I don’t get my way.

You don’t like me because you don’t get what you want? Fine, but I’m going to teach you a life lesson. At times, we all can’t get what we want. What you want conflicts with the fun that I want. You say I don’t care about player power. I do, I just made the choice, and because of that choice. I will be jealous of others at times, and will tease my husband about it.

If it was just for looks, it would be dull.

So you getting what you want would make the game worse for me. Just like getting what I want would make the game worse for you. Guess what? MMOs will change again so this system will not always be around. Yay right?

2 Likes

They really didn’t raiding got 2 tiers total in wod nobody got anything because blizz went into panic mode when they saw the sub drop after the no flying ever again interview.

2 raids is more than what pvpers and everyone else got. if you are a raider you at least had more to do.

Nothing quite like these smug threads.

Heck to validate this, the lead game designer was a hardcore player before joining the dev team.