We told you Blizzard was not going to cave in

Lol, you mean like they stuck to their guns on just about every system like this for the last two xpacs?

1 Like

I’m unsure what has upset you. However, a vocal minority on YouTube and the forums doesn’t constitute the opinion of the whole. And those nerd raging are not necessarily wrong.

I’ve seen some valid points raised. Primarily with regards to covenant abilities. I can certainly see how picking the covenant that aesthetically appeals to you can certainly be in conflict with what ability is mathematically most productive for your class.

For those that like to push their limits or push progression, it’s a tough choice. Especially as there must be some that do also care about the RP element in addition to “rawr muh meters”.

My personal stance cautiously skeptical. Having not tried it, I’ll certainly give it a chance. Though, history does imply that there’s going to be issues. Will it be on the level of Azerite and/or Corruption? I hope not…

At any rate breathe my friend. Have a Root Beer.

:beer:

3 Likes

They have some? Some they have not.

To be fair, some things have change…but the ripcord crowd back themselves in a corner with this one. With how some of them acted, if they do the change in the future. It would add fuel to the fire, and no matter what changes they do in the future. We will go through this all again.

1 Like

Usually, when a game makes me put on a clown suit to play it, I just go play another game.

I don’t know why you’re attempting to defend tying player power to the questing/story/transmog type of gameplay that Covenants were sold as.

No, it makes little sense to tie player power to a choice that is about cosmetics. If you want player power choice, make one, but let players be able to enjoy the story separate from it.

It doesn’t make for a good gameplay experience that all DKs now feel they need to go with the Forest Fairies in order to even be competitive.

5 Likes

Why?
Are you saying you don’t have the tools to make a group base off your pros and cons?

My Husband going vampires and playing a Unholy DK. It is not the best for it, but he is a edge lord. I mean I wanted Unholy nova, but going vamps with him so our dailies line up.

Guilds kinda bypass the problems of the system. If pugging starts gating people base off who they pick. That might be a good thing, and guilds might start getting some steam again.

2 Likes

Yes they will they are just going to lose a LOT of subs first and they likely won’t come back.

1 Like

If that is true, they would have caved in with all the threats. They are not worried about that at all.

2 Likes

Well, mostly pugs, which is a good thing.

Currently, your husband is making a somewhat average choice. Venthyr happens to be 2nd in power to Night Fae.

The issue here you’re not seeing is that without tying player power to covenants, your Husband could play Venthyr anyway, but I also could play Venthyr while raiding Mythic.

Removing the player power component from Covenants changes nothing for your and your husband. It changes a lot for me. And this is what I have a problem with with people like you. You got yours, so you don’t care about others.

9 Likes

The reason that there is such a big fuss about this is because blizz lost the community’s faith and good will. After WoD, Legion legendaries/af grind and BfA, people just don’t trust blizzard anymore. Nobody wants the devs running after they own tail for another one or two patches

3 Likes

No we aren’t. We are talking every player who sees something cool someone else is doing and then realizes they can’t do that without a 2 week timegated grind where they lose their other cool thing.

DUDE THAT DK HAS A THIRD ARM HOW FREAKING COOL IS THAT. I want that. Well Timmy in two weeks you can have that we will just be taking your mist talent and tp away though.

1 Like

They weren’t worried about it in bfa either and it bit them in the butt hard same with early legion there was a massive sub drop off from burnout.

4 Likes

He’s not wrong.

Oh one other thing you aren’t factoring in people are going to see the start of every covenant story then not be able to finish them unless they chose that covenant. That isn’t going to sit well with a lot of players including the people lauding this system for RP you will only get to see 1/4th of the end game story unless you are swapping back and forth between covenants at each checkpoint since they are renown gated. Which guess what 2 weeks to swap back yay.

1 Like

Yes it does change some things. It would make the choices less impactful for me.

That would mean that I am just doing a fancier version of a rep grind, with no power at all.

Also have a problem with people like me? That is silly thing to say. It is like, playing a table top game, and being mad that the rules say you can’t use a certain item because you failed a roll, and being upset that we follow said rules.

Games are fun because of limits, not just what you get.

4 Likes

It wasn’t the whole community though, it was mostly streamers, spergs, and neckbeards. That crowd is always upset about something and they typically aren’t very polite about it.

3 Likes

Just wondering if you were really responding to me because I read this and can’t figure out which of my statements it was addressing.

No, since you’re already not picking based on power, it wouldn’t change anything for you. You’re picking based on what you think looks cool. Your choice would have the same impact without the power component, since you’re most likely going to pick the least powerful choice and not care.

Yes, which would change nothing at all for you, since you don’t care about the power of it anyway.

So, it would be like playing a table top game, and the DM telling me that if I pick Halfling, I can’t be part of his campaign for 2 hours and to go sit in the other room while he walks the players through part of the story.

And yes, I have an issue with people like you : You get to make your choice based on esthetics, and it won’t affect your gameplay because you queue into content that’s bland and unchallenging, but for me, I can’t enjoy good story, lore and esthetics, because the content I play in doesn’t allow for a drop in 2% of output.

8 Likes

I have a huge problem with people who put their own selfish wishes above what is best for the game. This includes anti flyers and anti choice people in general. Covenants as they stand are a false choice because power is attached to them. Imagine in DnD that you class is picked purely due to background. If you are from a poor upbringing thief. Wild upbringing Barb. Noble upbringing Paladin. Cult upbringing Warlock. Imagine how much that would limit your rp.

8 Likes

Didn’t you know? Games are the most challenging when you’re given everything.

1 Like