We the players did not sexually harass anyone, and we should not be punished

There is not. We already had threads like this with plenty of women telling other women that each had different experiences. Some of them playing this game for 15 years never experienced it at all and others playing this game for a year experiencing it a lot.

No, if you think that head elsewhere. This game is not for you.

It won’t. What nudges us is people like you complaining about it just making others wanting to do it more because you’re giving them attention. If you don’t want it, then ignore it and it does actually go away. Use the “ignore” function that they put into the game and it all 100% goes away.

1 Like

Been playing this game since vanilla. I don’t need your permission to belong here. I know I belong here. And this game would be a lot more enjoyable and would garner a lot more new players if misygony and its enablers were cleaned up.

You’re asking for players to turn off communication in an MMO. That’s patently ridiculous and you know it. How about players just stop being toxic? It costs them nothing to not say sexist stuff in chat, just like it costs you nothing not to defend this kind of rubbish.

3 Likes

Punished.

My word.

Talk about melodrama.

3 Likes

Is there nothing actually worth being upset about in your life that this is the kind of nonsense you go full Karen over?

6 Likes

No, it wouldn’t. It’s a Teen game meant T for T with edgy humor. Misogyny and other things of the like are part of the package from way back, and part of the edgy humor. If you don’t like it, that’s fine. You’re entitled to your own opinions, as am I and anyone else.

No, I am telling you that if you find it problematic, literally use the in game button built to deal with that situation rather than trying to prevent it altogether. I’ve also been playing since Vanilla, too.

Is it? You can /ignore people and it works wonders.

Define toxic. Toxic is so vague and depended on feelycraft that it’s an absurdity of absurdity metric to use. By that instance just saying “hello” to people could end up getting you called misogynistic, much like the real world and how stupid it is right now.

It costs me a lot not tell you how stupid this is as I call stupid things out on being stupid, regardless of who or what it’s done or said by. I am just a blunt person, afterall, and I don’t care that things like this exist in games, as there’s a way to turn it off which is the “ignore” function that was built in 15 years ago. How about people like you just learn to use that button.

1 Like

Blizzard continuing their Taliban-esque virtue signaling here.

2 Likes

You lack imagination.

2 Likes

Players like you have no empathy and no sense. If another player’s behavior is such that it warrants an ignore, the damage has already been done. Sadly my ignore list grows monthly. Tragically misogyny is still an issue in chat. It would be nice not to have to read and subsequently ignore the rubbish I see because the culture is centered in baseline decency and respect in the first place.

Sorry to hear that moderating misygony triggers you. That says more about you than it does about me or about this game, though. Just like having to explain toxicity to you is a you problem. Because there are zero places in society or in games where misygony and types who defend it belong.

1 Like

No one is being punished. That’s just silly. Not one person gave a care for the low res lady in a bikini. It’s their world and they’re allowed to change the decorations if they want to for any reason. It’s no secret that these changes are in response to the lawsuit and may be over-the-top. That doesn’t make them bad. At worst they’re neutral. It’s also not going to erase what happened. Clearly that ship has sailed.

I mean, what real allegation can you throw at them about these changes? That they’re trying too hard to show that they’re better? Ok. So what? Let them. It’s not like it’s going to make the lawsuit go away or appease the people pushing for real change at the company.

2 Likes

I have nothing against what’s happening now if it teaches men in the frat boy culture that women are not sex objects, but at the same point women should not be sloot shamed either, so I don’t know…

3 Likes

What’s looking REALLY foolish is all of you defending sexualization in a video game. First off, you are on the internet. Use it for something other than WoW if you catch my drift.

Second, it’s not about who is directly harmed by the things being removed. It’s about changing the whole culture of objectifying women and turning them into sex objects at every turn.

Blizz is trying to say if you want that type of sexualized content you need to get it somewhere else and you people act like they banned you from ever looking at a female again. Grow up

3 Likes

Thank you.

1 Like

Think of me as you will, I couldn’t care any less than I already do now.

If you’re that sensitive, the internet is not a good place for you to be.

Cool, mine doesn’t grow at all.

Because people are too sensitive in the world and cry about things that don’t even matter and call it misogyny.

It would be nice if I had trillions of dollars. Alas, I do not. We don’t always get what we want or wish for.

It doesn’t trigger me. The stupidity from people’s wokeness and other things does.

Nah, toxicity is used so vaguely which is why you have to explain it. Using your dumb and flawed logic, looking your way even as a character in game could end up being considered misogynistic. It’s so vague and stupid so you have to go deeper in depth about it or else it holds nearly all of human interactions hostage.

There’s no place where thin skinned babies belong. If you can’t take the heat, step away from the fire.

1 Like

People like you always learn the hard way. I’m just going to leave my response at that…

1 Like

At least we learn.

Oh, you will learn. :grin:

1 Like

Cool, I’ll be waiting here. Let me know when that happens, I’ll do as Deckard Cain wanted: stay a while and listen.

Heed your own words

4 Likes

No, you heed them for me.

No OP you arent being punished because female characters are less sexualized in the game

1 Like