We the players did not sexually harass anyone, and we should not be punished

I’d be all for it. I’m not against time limited content. It’s time limited. If I got it, cool, if not then that sucks but that’s on me.

If it’s advertised as time limited and would be going away, as the Mage Tower skins were, then no it would not be brought back, under any premise.

Cool, let it anger them. Again I’m all for it. I don’t mind things being limited time as if you don’t get it that’s, again, on you(the person not yourself here.)

Nonetheless, just getting off topic here so my bad on that.

From an european point a view, this is the legendary “American puritanism” meaning that everything “sexy” even a little is a crime.
A puritanism going to a level beyond stupidity.

We are in a game when you have murder, torture and genocide BUT something sexy is somehow a higher crime that need to be censored?

7 Likes

Are the changes dumb? Yes. Are they pointless? Probably. Am I mad about this? No. Is asking myself questions a lazy rhetorical device? Sigh.

2 Likes

The poster wants mature content in a game with a toggle switch to turn it off or on.

That’s not how ESRB ratings work

Reading comprehension.

It is clear willful ignorance on your part to assume that by “mature content”, the poster means content that would get the game rated M for mature by the ESRB. They very plainly mean “the existing sexy content that is rated T for teen but is sending people like you running for the fainting couch”. Allowing YOU to turn it off and the rest of us to leave the game as it’s always been.

2 Likes

You say this.

then you say this.

:rofl:

1 Like

If I ask Jerry he will say Tom is his Minion :rofl:

Yeah, you were. I’ll have to dig up the thread, but someone said something like ‘women make up 65% of college graduates’ and you responded with ‘that should be 100%’.

So much this.

And now is the time to hammer them on it, as it represents a brief period of time where they seem to be actively listening.

Not to mention Lost Ark.

Eh. I’m really not a fan of GGG’s new design philosophy. I love PoE, but the current season is an unmitigated disaster if you aren’t a trader.

1 Like

This one is new to me, and a bit fun.
By that logic we should allow people to have assault weapons if they never killed anyone ?
Ah, I forgot, that is exactly the thinking of some “smart” govs. lol

Crap, you’re right that game as well. 2 of them I missed.

I’m not, either, but I play on and off so I mean yeah, it is what it is. I’ll play for a season, skip a few then come back like 5 seasons/leagues later. I just love how many skill gems they have. It’s so much fun being able to play so many different builds, though I wish they’d put more specs into the game as well. Ascendancies rather, but yeah, specs.

Point is if it really bothered blizzard and didn’t want it to impose on our experience as players, they would’ve added a filter for mature themes.

You can’t nitpick without someone else noticing and make their own demands.

At first, I honestly thought you were going after sarcastic humor, then realized you were serious.

How is upgrading the artwork punishing you in any way? Be specific.

What “burden” are you going to have to “bear” exactly? I’m honestly asking. Or perhaps your definition of “burden” and “bear” must differ from mine in degrees exponentially.

Did they? Where exactly is that specifically mentioned in the game? I know there are some that are identified, but I’d love to go read where they purchased the angry sex-doll in the first painting and why they didn’t bother with a chemise if they were playing dress-up so they could paint a portrait of it.

The replacement has more cleavage and abdominal definition even through her proper dress. Or is the loss of exposed skin the only thing you’re upset about even though it’s less sexy and clearly comically awful compared to its replacement?

The second painting is clearly a sex slave from someone’s harem so I doubt very much anyone asked her permission or would have taken, “No.” as an answer.

The new paintings are far better and don’t have sad Vanilla graphics.

If Blizzard added a quest where the Lady of the Manor is now a widow and decided to make her daughter happy by getting rid of the horrid painting her father had commissioned by a lecherous dude that resembled Stalvan Mistmantle and painted her to look like a female who thought the only way to attract a man was to look like an angry idiot who is too lazy to be bothered to wear a chemise, because that’s how her creepy dad always treated her, for the first one, would you be okay with that?

The second one should should stay in the game to be a part of a quest chain where you uncover a sex trafficker, kill him, rescue and set the harem free and help them torch the entire establishment and the painting along with it.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
I just laughed so loud I think I woke the neighbors. Thank you! Your wife is a lucky lady. Comedy is sexy AF.

2 Likes

my understanding of WoW themes and set dressings is that, originally it was marketed to the male between 13ish to 25, and it shows .

the humor is teen male to adult anyone, as is the forms of the characters . I for one didn’t mind and still don’t .

but I also wouldn’t mind some changes to bring it up to who is currently the player base , though I’m not advocating neutering all the game’s dirt out either, I kind of like dirt , its fun.

that said some of the issues could be gently addressed with some additions to customization, allow the player to decide boob size and posture , leg length and undie type.

don’t just strip the game of all the charm and dirt on the inside of the screen, because some thing horrid happened on the OutSide of the screen.

are they going to change how THE EYES ALWAYS FOLLOW US?

lol ‘punished’

2 Likes

You’re comparing a category 4 hurricane that turns into a cat 5, both of which usually kill people, wreck lives, and cause millions of dollars in damage, to esthetic changes in a video game.

Okay, Karen.

4 Likes

This is literally what you’re dealing with on these forums. Oh crap sorry, hope this post didn’t make you feel ‘punished’.

2 Likes

Actually, I was preparing preparedness and warnings. There’s more things I can compare them to, too, but like some others you actually can’t grasp how similar situations can come across.

Nonetheless, enjoy the sense of stupidity if you couldn’t understand the point I was making.

1 Like

I kind of get what you’re saying. Normally censorship makes me bristle, but please don’t say that “we the players” didn’t sexually harass anyone, because there is a lot of misogyny in chat in this game. Not just Blizzard, but the culture of the playerbase needs to change too. Maybe removing the objectification of women in this game will quietly nudge player’s mindsets in a better direction.

2 Likes

Blizzard can lose more subscribers over more bad decisions.