We the players did not sexually harass anyone, and we should not be punished

https://ptr.wowhead.com/news/vanilla-wall-paintings-hd-updated-and-desexualized-in-patch-9-1-5-324200

What is the point of this now? Is any and all sexuality going to be removed from Azeroth? Is our old armor going to be censored next?

Who is this meant to punish or make whole? It won’t un-harass any of the people who’ve been harassed, and it isn’t punishing the guilty developers, it’s punishing the players, who had no knowledge or complicity in what Blizzard employees did.

This is a completely empty virtue signal, from a company that’s already demonstrated it lacks actual virtue.

NORMAL PEOPLE can be attracted to others, can enjoy looking at the bodies of the gender they are attracted to, and still respect those people as people and not cross their personal boundaries.

The fictional women in these fictional paintings, in the fictional history of the game world, consented to model for them. Them being sexy is not the problem, because normal men (and lesbians) can appreciate their sexiness and not be horrible to them.

Women do not have to be put in burqas so that men can control their urges. Men just have to control their bloody urges regardless, and most can and do.

Once again, we the players are being expected to shoulder the burden and bear the costs of things we did not do or even know about. Our ability to enjoy a vibrant, fun, irreverent, larger than life fictional world should not be taken away because people outside of our control did things we are all horrified by.

426 Likes

Oh please you’re not being punished because they change some picture you probably never know exists in the first place.

58 Likes

I knew the SI:7 one existed. And this is just one symptom of a larger pattern. At some point one has to say enough is enough.

91 Likes

Haven’t you heard? Sexuality is fluid.

4 Likes

Apparently it’s being poured down the drain.

55 Likes

That didn’t take long for the minions of the mouse to show up.

18 Likes

WTF’s a minion of the mouse?

6 Likes

astroturfers working for Disney. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

You aren’t being punished.

13 Likes

why are you defending this?

65 Likes

You think I work for Disney? What?

1 Like

We use the forums. We’re being punished for something.

2 Likes

Jaina was nerfed… physically.
Sylvanas too.

Of course men are being punished!

10 Likes

I was referring to the joker that was the second post.

4 Likes

Fair point. We must have been mass murderers in a past life or something.

2 Likes

My experience of the game is being diminished for things I didn’t do. Yes I am. Don’t presume to dictate to me what does or doesn’t diminish my experience, or to pretend that this is the only thing that’s been changed. It’s been a game-wide pattern for years that is now accelerating to ludicrous levels of prudishness.

52 Likes

The only thing I presume is that you are a tantruming toddler.

It’s their game. They get to change it. You can like it. You can not like it. You can play. You can not play. However, you are are not being punished.

12 Likes

This isn’t even a coherent argument, and effectively amounts to “they get to punish you, so you aren’t being punished”.

I very much doubt you would feel this way if it were changes YOU disagreed with.

56 Likes

who died and made you their spokesman?

25 Likes

And I bet just the other day most of ya’ll weren’t even aware those paintings existed.

14 Likes