We the players did not sexually harass anyone, and we should not be punished

This is exactly what i was afraid of when politics and other non Azeroth issues get brought into the game.

The game is now catering the the vocal minority that honestly has mental issues if they believe these issues belong inside a video game

3 Likes

Funnily enough, while this action doesnt particular disturb me (without some clever datamining we probably wouldnt even have noticed it) I must say that its a weird double standard. This is my monk’s current mog which is no less revealing than the portrait:

I guess the difference is that this isn’t viewable across the entire game and inplace permanently. But still…its either ok or not, on a broad principle.

2 Likes

They just haven’t gotten around to that, yet.

Takes more time to edit an armor model for umpteen different races than it does to change a single static texture.

2 Likes

No, it doesn’t. And as I said, I have never once in all the years met a single person in this game that is offended by anything in it. That by the way has absolutely nothing at all to do with what you said in your reply. You literally just typed something completely off subject to what I said. We’re talking about fantasy characters in a video game and how changing them does nothing but piss off the community.

1 Like

I don’t know what to tell you, but the world doesn’t revolve around you.

Just in this thread alone you keep dismissing other’s post with your “it doesn’t happen to me so it’s not true lol”.

1 Like

A player chooses their transmog, players do not choose what the game itself presents. That, to me, is the difference.

And thats why I said that gear is different from something permanently in place across the entire game. It is a difference, naturally.

1 Like

I was disputing the either is ok or it’s not ok. There can be guidelines for the game presentation vs what those in the game choose.

Sorta like ESRB, online interactions not rated. Not saying this is a ratings issue… just saying there is different in what the supplier can do and what the user can do.

Never said it did and again, you miss the point and I’m honestly starting to think you’re doing it on purpose. I’m not dismissing anything. You are trying to put that on me. I’m making a point and the point is if there was enough people genuinely offended at the paintings, or anything at all in WoW in the past 16 years you probably would’ve heard about it somewhere. Its not a problem. No one cares about these paintings. Its the act of changing them that people are concerned about and rightfully so. What is next? What is WoW going to be a year from now? 5 years from now and so on? If you’re trying to make an argument that people are genuinely offended by the paintings then I’m not going to take your argument seriously. What I am seeing however is a LOT of criticism over the change which tells me so far more people have a problem with things like this happening than don’t.

You did hear about them even back during Blizzcon.

The response was pretty horrid back then, what she ask back then isn’t even that bad,

This is the time where women should be heard, and we’re not going to be silenced anymore.

2 Likes

Mmmm, she wasn’t asking for anything to be covered up. She was asking for more (diverse) things to be added. She gave an interview not long after the lawsuit came out.

Theres nothing wrong with female characters being portrayed like this in video games. If you feel that way then go for it. Its a video game. A fantasy world. In case you haven’t heard, there are shirtless men in WoW. I know shocker right? How dare they…

1 Like

The point clearly went over your head, the point isn’t what she asked, it’s the response she got just for asking something other than sexy female character.

Come back to me when you already catch the point, troll.

I never disputed she got a nasty response.

Put your claws back in. I am actually on your side, I just didn’t want people to get the impression that this video was in any way related to the paintings/things being covered up.

1 Like

I was 16, and I had a stalker.
He followed me to school.
He followed me back home.
He called me with heavy breathing.
He slipped notes in my backpack while following me on train.
I was scared. I told this to my mother.
She said: that’s because of you not wearing appropriate clothing. You invited this.
Her definition of appropriate clothing for school girls is black and white, dress like nun and show no skins.
My relatives said: you need to wrap your chest. Your chest is too big, that’s why he’s following you.
My friends said: told you not to flirt with boys, this is what you got.
It’s all my fault, but not the stalker’s.
I was under so much pressure and frightened. But if nobody would help me, I have to help myself.
I talked to cops, 1 of the detectives said: honey, it’s not your fault. Some times bad things happen, it’s not because of you.
I bursted in tears.

And now, I’m seeing this happening to my beloved game.
You are denying our gender.
You are denying our body.
Why do we have to cover up?
Why do we have to be held responsible?
You are shaming us because of the wrong you did.

YOU, Blizzard, should be ASHAMED.

7 Likes

Not all women share your perspective on this and neither are they offended by the paintings. Their voices matter too.

1 Like

Companies doing stuff like this to clean up their image has existed for as long as capitalism has.

Sorry, but Blizzard isn’t being pushed around by twitter slacktivists.

1 Like

Harassment in game can become so bad, to the point where guys are trying to give you gold and you have to turn them down, because you don’t want to encourage them.

Otherwise you get them following you around when you’re trying to quest.

1 Like

Again i never said everyone share my view, in fact, many of them are stiill stuck inside the old society value/pressure that were built by men.

no, the point is clear. equality. but the changes are not attempts at equality. they are attempts at erasing the beauty and sexual market value of females, exclusively.

4 Likes