We the players did not sexually harass anyone, and we should not be punished

Changing paintings, changing gear (not sure about that). Just mindless virtue-signaling.

Some are fairly covered, some… not so much.

This. I do wish they Austin powered the change up, and just hide the cleavages of doom with them holding melons.

1 Like

In FFXIV, female toons can be dressed up like nuns, schoolmarms, playboy bunnies, badass warriors or anywhere in-between. There are glamor or fashion shows in the cities in FFXIV. Really impressive graphics and looks.

In FFXIV the players decide how their characters should look. In WoW, blizzard and the CCP decide.

Why affect meaningful change with the real people in your company when you can LARP as puritans (between the cube crawls, of course).

4 Likes

it would be a simple matter of customization for players here to decide , boob size, posture. leg length , undie type ,etc…
the entire system is already in place . it’s just a matter of a few more graphics which are probably already in the unused part of some art file ,then add a couple more sliders or drop downs and you are good to go.

1 Like

What do you mean when you say “assault weapons”?

Tbh the painting was really poor quality and was from back in the vanilla days of pixelation you had to squint to see anything. The bowl of fruit is clear and rendered snd actually looks like fine art.

It would be funny if they just decided to update all ingame art to be higher quality and we were just getting wrongly in a twist over it.

2 Likes

When it comes to Manga/Japanese related Media they still realize that it’s purely fiction and can tell the difference between fiction and reality. They don’t hamfist weird ideologies, and they let creativity run wild.

Here… Not so much.

Feels like there’s a checklist some places go through before saying “okay let’s put it out there” without any true passion into what is being made. It’s like you can’t create anything for fun anymore unless it’s from an Indie Dev or something like Doom. Which is pretty lame.

1 Like

Games went mainstream/corporate.

2 Likes

Corporations need to learn to take more risks and let creative people be just that.
Sticking to the same is so bland and dry.
Well in my opinion anyway…

4 Likes

It would be refreshing, but I guess the tried and true that will earn you x profit is less scary than doing something new that could make you y profit.

I mean I guess I understand on some level… but it still sucks.

1 Like

TBC was released Jan 16, 2007. Blizz should not be messing with the graphics of a classic game.

Is it being changed on TBC or only in retail? Legitimate question I don’t know the answer to.

1 Like

oh dear people are still angry about a shaving commerical that basically says “hey don’t sexually harass people”

3 Likes

Oh dear, dont insult me then try to get me to give you money.

if you took that ad as an insult, that might be a self report my dude lol.

3 Likes

I am not your dude. I am not interested in your opinion about anything except concerning the topic of this thread.

You right, I probably wouldn’t want to be dudes with someone that takes a shaving ad that basically says sexual harassment isn’t cool as an insult. That’s a massive red flag lol

6 Likes

It’s just stupid, and probably the beginning of a lot of stuff being changed to not “offend” anyone. With the troubles they have had with their company and in game, they shouldn’t be wasting any resources on this. Work on meaningful changes, not pictures, quest dialog, achievement names, etc.

3 Likes