We the players did not sexually harass anyone, and we should not be punished

I agree with this.

I still really don’t care about the paintings, but this part I agree with 100%.

1 Like

I’d disagree. I think they know their players penchant for screeching like banshees in regard to… well… everything.

1 Like

They defend every empty virtue signal Blizzard has made. They’re also a firm supporter of removing the Night Elf female dance apparently

2 Likes

Idk what they do or don’t defend. I agree with most of what OP said but at the same time I… Just don’t feel punished by this.

(PS: There’s nothing wrong with the Night Elf dance)

I did know they existed, but it’s not something I cared about deeply. Just something I noticed when I saw them. The bigger issue is the principle. It’s empty virtue signaling from Blizzard. I think calling it a “punishment” is a bit extreme and disingenuous, but I do think it is equally harmful to remove everything in the game that is relatively “sexy”. Especially when the real issue is with their work place, not with racy pixel art in WoW.

1 Like

I think it’s stupid to remove, but I think calling it a punishment is a bit ridiculous. It’s just empty virtue signaling.

1 Like

Lets be real, if WoWHead didnt show the original painting being changed out – no one would give a damn.

3 Likes

Naw. This community scrutinizes every aspect of the game. Someone would have noticed and we would have ended up in the same place.

Too bad they cant photo memory about complaining about WoW’s objectification of women 2 months ago.

Tbh its a two fold issue.

1. Blizz and the Wow development team are hung up on continually remastering the game’s graphics. This is why I feel the paintings got changed, they are updating them to be higher resolution, which is for the most part ok.

2. Blizz is going along with social media and corporate politics which are influencing these changes. To me personally its not the fact they are making these changes, but the timing in which they chose that makes it feel forced and not genuine.

All in all the paintings getting changed aren’t that big of a deal, but if Blizz does go back and change armor skins that have been perfectly fine in the past, then it will become a big issue. If people leave over this I don’t blame them, as stuff like transmog was put into the game to allow personal expression.

Blizz has done very well in making sure all body types, and backgrounds have a seat at the table, taking away options that a large portion of the playerbase enjoys would be wrong and distasteful.

Oh no whatever will you do

The concern trolling over the strawman of this being an attack on woman is hilarious.

2 Likes

People can’t remember what the WORST THING EVER™ was from last week. You expect them to remember months? :wink:

I mean people are complaining about how WoW is whitewashing by removing all references of the REDACTED from their game – even though the community campaigned for that same removal.

2 Likes

they changed the reclining female to a painting of a bowl of fruit.

Who cares? Its a low graphic painting that existed in the game that about 99% probably dont remember if you showed them it.

i cant imagine feeling “punished” because a couple completely random and meaningless paintings were changed in a video game, ones that 90% of us probably had no idea even existed before today

Ngl, the fruit looks better. The low res pictures were trash.

3 Likes

have they censored any males?
oh an edit. they are mangling the harem in black temple, also.

Seeing that there isnt any nearly nude male painting in the game…

2 Likes