We need range Survival Hunters back

That’s my fault, I saw lies, read ground which was what this thread came about. That is what I get for posting while distracted and I am totally wrong.

You and Bepples both soured that idea for me. I was for it and tried to get it at first, but as long as we see posts like both of yours continue, I am sure that it will never happen.

To prove a point and not even to you really.

It’s sad that this is all you can come up with. For someone who has been openly trolling for 3 years, you should go back to attacking my posts.

Some of us would rather post on the forum than play it seems.

you brought it up tho? i never even look at peoples profiles. and it’s not “all i can come up with”, i’ve actually come up with much more than usual in my last few posts but apparently they’re too long to read? guess i’ll go back to my 1 liners that seem to be more memorable.

1 Like

You know what, that is fair. I forgot that it’s even hidden.

This is different. You were talking about logging out in SV gear, getting the Mage Tower Skin, and playing SV. That’s not a post History.

Where? Most of what I have read have been one liners.

Either that is because they stand out from the ratio you have them, or because I simply missed them. Like I said, I post more on my phone than use my computer.

Played to 120 and then unsubbed quickly. The game is in the poorest state I’ve seen. Teminded me of why I unsubbed quickly after wod and how much streamlining this game with the pruning of pet cc and cc in general made this class worse than ever. even now the lack of cc is crazy.

It’s a good thing you don’t need a sub to chat in the forums.

3 Likes

Interesting :thinking:

Man…I really miss the old ranged SV. I was disappointed when they didn’t use BM as the melee option. Now that we can’t go back, I think it’s reasonable to add a forth spec.

If there is an issue with new talent ideas, they can make talents that resemble the current Marksmanship. Switch AS talents with ES ones. Make Serpent Sting baseline and replace the talent with a poison buff. Make LnL baseline and replace it with Chakrams.

Replace Steady shot talent with a Cobra Shot one. Replace Streamline with an option to use a poison based Rapid Fire. Modify Binding Shots an Lethal Shots with trap talents.

If they need new talents, maybe they can add one that adds poison damage to pets. They could bring back the old ammunition talent. They could even bring back the old Kill Shot as a talent. Just throwing out ideas.

7 Likes

This thread…let it die like RSV.

Blizzard says that this is a bug of the new forums.

Then stop posting, evey reply just bumps it back up.

They’ve been saying it from the start.

Certain things(kill shot) need to be baseline. As far as (beast mastery) poison dmg. Once before I suggested a “infected wounds” aoe bleed coming from pets, proccing off of beast cleave. Just for sustained aoe in BM.

I always thought BM should have been the melee spec, especially considering Rexxar. The survival play kit even feels like it should be BM, considering it uses ropes and traps to capture people. If you gave some of the pvp talents to it, you could buff pet dmg and make it a real fun spec. I think pushing BM to melee would help define each specs unique fantasy. Then you let SV become ranged again, focused on stings/posions, ranged dps and their trusty beast pulling some dmg (hunter in the wild). MM would be the solo ranged archer.

2 Likes

To late for RSV is dead

I agree. It does make more sense lol. The gameplay could be way smoother and a little more complex if they had done it right.

Archer(marks) focus on shots, with or without pet.

Survival. Elemental shots, traps, pet

Beast mastery. Fights with his beloved pet companion, complimenting each other’s every move, melee/ ranged mash

I know LOL, and best is paying players whine about it on the forums.:rofl:

Like Barb Shot adds excitement to BM’s rotation, not falling a sleep with the rotation.
MM needs Kill Shot.

2 Likes

Really all the classes need some kinda finishing power there. If survival came back I’d like to see it and marks get variations of it.

Careful aim increases crit chance above a certain percent and below certain percent. (Or it used to, I haven’t read my passives in a while) but anyway have that increase on the execute phase be increased attack power too. That way they get rewarded for getting an enemy that low and don’t have to work another global in.

Ranged survival kill shot was just needed. No finishing power there lol. Only thing it lacked really was that burst at the end for PvP.

Beast mastery of like to see like…bloodlust(passive) that increased the dmg of kill command once an enemy hit 20 percent

Like RSV Kill Shot to be a big explosion, maybe throw a stick of dynamite as a finisher?

Lol little extreme. I like the enthusiasm, but for survival, I guess if you wanted to make the dmg come from something that they use(elemental and all) have kill shot instantly spend all the dots currently on the target.

So black arrow and serpent sting finish their dot dmg instantly doing (however much dmg was left to them). Leave the debuff for black arrow and that way LnL still procs but you used the dmg. Idk just thoughts.

Could just leave it at a high dmg “kill shot” using 50 focus on a short CD. Trying to finish the opponent off.

Can’t go all mortal combat on them though lol.

That sounds really familiar? Did another spec have that same mechanic? If not really like this concept, just uses up all the remaining damage at once than waiting to slowly dwindle down targets health.

it’s easy to fix the ranged survival for the new set up
things that need to be set for survival

* barbed shot 2 charges (survival no longer beast master)
* explosive shot 2 charges
* black arrow
*lock n load (passive SV only)
* serpent sting does instant damage plus dot and generates focus (SV)
* bring back sidewinders for survival or give it cobra shot tuned to nature damage as a replacement for arcane shot
* kill shot baseline (for all specs)
* scatter shot baseline (for all specs)
* viper sting baseline (for all specs) mana drain needed now
* widows venom baseline (for all specs)
* regular serpent sting baseline (for all specs)
* frost trap , and snake trap returns
* make steel trap baseline immobilizes for 3 seconds and doesn’t break on damage
* all traps snare (passive)
* rework chakrams to slow again
* old school readiness returns
* bring back wyvern sting
* bring back serpent spread

Then set the cool downs and scale them with crit and haste and you literally have a modern day ranged survival hunter.
I have a literal good rework for beast master to make it fun, engaging, and challenging it basically blends in ranged with melee to make it optional to be melee and summons other beast (which should be baseline) .

2 Likes