We need more SKIMPY Clothing in World of Warcraft

I prefer my characters to be as covered as possible (exception face.)

I want normal clothes rather than just armour…our characters rarely have an opportunity to look like normal civilians as they are.

1 Like

Thats why xmog is great we each get choices. Everyone wins.

Skimpy armor for all.

3 Likes

ok coomer

/10char

You mean you can have too many ugly women with sidecuts? Honestly I can’t get enough. Make them all space marines with vocal fry too.

100% Agreed. I’ve found it rather strange that despite having Trial of Style as a thing ,we don’t have nearly as much unique outfits (Skimpy or otherwise) that can be acquired during that micro-holiday. We don’t even have the option of hunting down new sets that are cosmetic only through world content and the like. We have it for …challenge mode, I think? But that’s about it, and only very specific set designs tend to be for that.

I don’t think it’s fair to rag on the artists, that said. They’re not the ones who are preventing the addition of new armor sets; particular more unique ones. The problem is many factors, many of which I believe another poster has already gone over closer to the top of the thread.

With that out of the way, I’ve had a thought in my head that Blizzard should have put together some kind of a team that is dedicated to adding new sets into the game that can be acquired through many different activities, some through rep gain, some through specific, world challenges, more trial of style stuff (hell make Trial of Style monthly, even!), just…more of the kind of stuff that lets you g out and find this stuff to acquire. Hell, maybe even a vendor that you can buy these things from for specific race themed armors (Night Elves for instance could have Archer Armor and Warden Armor, among no doubt many other possible sets).

Definitely more armor sets that actually look distinct would be good. There’s way too many armor sets that are basically just a one-piece suit when put together, with different exterior decoration. The few genuinely unique armors are either a rare green set (the Zandalari Guard armor comes to mind here) or certain dungeon/raid/tier sets, back when tier sets were a thing …and even they are basically just more of the same, just shinier and in some cases chunkier.

Perhaps a good start would be to just remove transmogrification restrictions? If not for all armor, at least for skimpy armor. Some sort of wholesale HD update to armor in WoW would probably be a good idea too, though I can’t speak for the scale of that; other than to expect that it’d be a big undertaking.

Look at Orc, Troll, and Elf females in bikini armor or any mog utilizing low rise legwear, and you can tell that for these races in particular, armor mapping doesn’t seem to have worked out too well for them since the player races got HD updated.

…and yet bikini armor looks 98% perfect on Goblin female models. What hapepned there?

It might still look wrong on the WoWhead models but if you look at them ingame? It’s like someone noticed it wasn’t quite mapped right and then it got fixed.

Maybe that’s where this sort of thing should begin? Relaxing mog restrictions and fixing how older mog items look on some of the player race models that don’t look quite right in it?

It’d be a starting point, I think!

1 Like

I believe this person said “BAM conan” not “BAN conan”
Am I right?
That’s what my screen says anyway.

Havent read or watched video yet as im going to bed but i do agree and especially lesther clothing. I thi k kesther i think hot we got notta. Then theres the mail pants from at least wod onward all being the same pants just with a differnt design on the side what the hell thats the best you could come up with

On my screen of your original post, it DOES say BAM.
Maybe some screen cleaner or reading glasses are in order for some reading the posts? LOL…That’s the only way I can see what’s on the screen!
Yes, BAM BAM, give us skimpy options. Right now, my big Tauren Paladin is running around in a loincloth because I just found out I can hide everything except the pants and I found a pair that work. It’s kind of weird, but I haven’t had anyone question me yet! LOL ! I believe in choice, f##k the critics, give us choice, you have yours and I’ll have mine.

2 Likes

I have a Zandalari Druid who’s only items of clothing are a pair of shorts, a cool looking feather helm thingy, and bracers.

I have numerous female characters in skimpy armor ranging from very revealing bikini mogs (tops mainly, becuase of those few chest pieces that are like bikini tops but exposing the entire back) all the way through to amor that covers everything barring the midsection thanks to low rise pants.

But there’s just …such little variety of style for transmog to allow for more unique kinds of skimpy outfits. Blizzard’s art team have made some fantastic examples of skimpy outfits in isolation over the past few years; such as the WoD cloth leveling set, the Zandalari Guard armor, AND pretty much all Demon Hunter chest pieces.

On Demon Hunters, it’s a shame that only the chest pieces were actually skimpy, considering it made it impossible to get any real symmetry of appearance whether you wanted your DH to be skimpy clothed or not.

You could be bare chested, but your only real options for legwear were like …maybe two or three loincloth styles, and that one pair of pants from Netherstorm which matches a green colored plate leg item of the same model. It’s just a different armor class.

Which I suppose begs the question …if not a HD update to all armor and some new additions of skimpy armor …what about relaxing transmog restrictions even further?

The OP honestly makes a good point of using the Night Elves in War III Reforged as an example, as having played the beta myself I got to say the Night Elf units look incredible

1 Like

Yes! For so many different reasons!

2 Likes

Pff. Hold my beer.

2 Likes

Nice that looks great

or you could just go look at girls on sites specifically for this instead of being a weird boy. This is world of WARCRAFT, not a sex simulator you neckbeards

2 Likes

You want to see skimpy ever look at what the Mag’har Orc Heritage Armor looks like on a human…https://imgur.com/GXliNDD

Makes me debate what a orc actually thinks about when dressing now…

TBH, I just want cloth skirts. There’s, what, one belt you can use to simulate a skirt that doesn’t go down to your ankles?

1 Like

I once won a transmog contest on asmongold stream wearing skimpy clothing. Get on my level!

2 Likes

Because at no point has a fantasy world had men, women, and monsters wear revealing clothing for a variety of reasons, style being chief among them

Warcraft is certainly no exception to this

Anyway I agree with the OP, especially robes, not even a single robe in game with leg silts and exposed shoulders, and all the end game robes look heavy as heck

Robes don’t gotta be that heavy man

4 Likes

Where is my pants off option? I’d settle with that. For now.

1 Like

Well there are certainly those desperate people but what if she is just a person who likes such style.

I’m male and I like my male panda to wear a nice skimpy tight leather outfit that shows the pandaren belly well because that is the style I enjoy for myself, we definitely need more skimpy clothing for men

1 Like