We need more SKIMPY Clothing in World of Warcraft

EDIT: Closing in 400 likes in less than 24 hours??? WOW who would of thought people wanted skimpier clo… oh wait.

Okay, so we need more skimpy clothing in this game. Like A LOT OF IT. I’m looking at all these gorgeous Warcraft 3 Reforged remodels, especially the Night Elves armor. They actually look like Night Elves armor unlike the censored armor releases that we currently get that covers you from head to toe.

WE NEED MORE SKIMPIER CLOTHING because its part of the Warcraft series since the beginning.

Skimpy clothing both man and woman has been on the lore of Warcraft since the very beginning. Yet in 2020, our options are soooo limited to outdated vanilla models. Ion Hazzikostas, how is this okay may I ask? Especially since its been in the lore since Warcraft ONE.

We need new artists (not saying to replace the ones we have although we def need new ones, just an additional help) to the current World of Warcraft team that has the same visions as the original artists of Warcraft One and Vanilla World of Warcraft because to be quite honest with you. The current team that we have just don’t cut it. They prefer everyone looking like a bulky walking she hulk than say, agile and sexy wonder woman.

Stop pandering to Anita’s feminist critics. It’s okay for female characters like Sylvanas and Jaina to show some skin, just like its okay for Illidan to be shirtless. I don’t see any overhauls on our male characters, but for some reasons any skin shown on our female characters. It gets instantly censored. Oh how I wish we had the original devs.

Reminder to everyone that this is part one of the thread! Once it reaches 400 likes and plenty of replies I’ll be making a part two, then three then four so on.

237 Likes

Spoken like a true dude playing a fembelf.

I think it’s fine as is personally. :man_shrugging:t2:

44 Likes

I second your assertions OP.

23 Likes

Still waiting on that night elf set from the original cinematic.

It’s in game in BFA, just only on NPCs. Come on blizz

35 Likes

I can imagine the outcry from the usual suspects if that were to happen.

7 Likes

No what we need is MORE SKIMPY MALE PLATE CLOTHING!!!

Seriously it is ridiculous that it doesnt exist for male characters, and no a loincloth and being naked is barbaric, not skimpy, skimpy means also fabulous and well designed.

Gimme good plate male slutmogs for my panda dk in 8.3!!

33 Likes

Skimpy clothing? Absolutely not.

6 Likes

We are in desperate need for a Kul’Tiran male speedo xmog set

32 Likes

Actually I’m a girl but okay. You can add me on discord if you’d like.
Velialyn- Tichondrius is my main just hit me up in whisper and I’ll send you a link since you are so concern about my gender. <3

I’m sure all the females out there would like to be bulky and big instead of like say, Wonder Woman.

42 Likes
4 Likes

Exactly, more male skimpy mogs plz, females have enough

5 Likes

You are not prepared for the tsunami of dudes about to hit you up.

29 Likes

Only if Blizzard does equal-opportunity trashiness. If it looks like a speedo on a girl, it better look like a speedo on a dude.

20 Likes

Yeah that’s why I didn’t put in my discord info on this thread. Just waiting for this guy to hit me up, so he doesn’t feel lonely tonight.

Its just weird that people automatically thinks the only ones that are demanding skimpier clothing are all dudes. I rather look like Wonder Woman than a She Hulk. But my only options are more out dated Vanilla models.

37 Likes

I’m in agreement. I want more skimpy clothes too. For my alts, of course. Shadina’s a classy woman and doesn’t wear such. My alts? Oh yes.

6 Likes

I fully agree.

6 Likes

You’re very charitable. :slightly_smiling_face:

I hear you and that definitely seems to be the case. I prefer skimpier armour too. Guess I’m a dude too. :smile:

2 Likes

Care less about the rest of what you said, cause I love skimpgear as well. But… this… This here struck a nerve.

Speaking as a former studio and current parttime freelance digital artist. To clarify this huge and gross misconception… it is not any way shape or form the artist fault nor final decisions for these designs. It is solely based by client/management/department heads/directors.

It is sickening, and rather insulting to degrade yourself down to a level to think that the artist are from some new age agenda pushing troupe. It is all part of (a common practice in the industry) to pull 80 work weeks (yes, 80 hours in a single week at the minimum for majority of the mid to larger companies) to push out other people’s idea and barely get paid for it, while your suggestions get pushed back to the back burner and “maybe” looked at by the lead for a plausible suggestion - for something as simple as a prop design like a broom.

Thankfully though, Blizzard does actually have a keen track record on fan creations and have implemented plenty before.

I.e: think you can do better, prove it, and submit it to them.

As well, no the artist are not “censoring” (poor word lost all meaning now) anything - they are part of a grueling chain of ridicule, abuse and threats of layoff and backlash from the day they intern to the day they retire. So, want skimpy gear and mogs. Prove you want it, don’t blast those who are working hard and getting blasted from those that can easily ruin their career choice, especially the artists.

Rant over. :+1:t5:

28 Likes

You go girl! (Fellow artist who agrees 110%.)

5 Likes

It’s because there exists a very weird disconnect and double standard. If you make gear too skimpy you get the opportunists like Anita Sarkeesian ready to make videos complaining about how you objectify women by doing this. Then if you respond by making all the gear bulky, another audience complains that they can’t make their character skimpy.

Both genders are on both sides of the issue, I see a lot of female players who like being able to make their characters “look sexy”, granted I personally feel it’s a desperate cry for attention but if that’s how they want to dress their characters then let them, doesn’t affect me at all, I just opt to not do this for personal reasons.

2 Likes