We need more SKIMPY Clothing in World of Warcraft

The Kul Tirans are fine. I found the whistle change a bit odd myself but, given that catcall is very different to whistling, I can see why it was changed. Maybe they could reintroduce the catcall one as a whole new emote? I don’t know.

I don’t think Blizzard has abandoned skimpy armor entirely. More that they only really pay the slightest service to actually distinct outfits, it seems like.

There’s only so many ways you can make a full covering outfit look totally unique, and they’re eventually going to run out of ways to do that.

Unless of course they find a way to make armor dyes work and perhaps some other modification of sorts so you can change appearances of current existing armor pieces/? Could go hand in hand with xmog. Still want to see mog restrictions lifted too.

And your comment and attitude is why they’re reluctant to have more skimpy clothes.

1 Like

One can hope the character customization gets a slider in the new expansion!

1 Like

I would love to see something like that, or even just differing details in a selection panel as they currently do. I still want body type options, though whether we’ll actualy get something like that remains to be seen.

Seriously, even just a little beer gut would at least be different, though being able to change musculature would be just as good. (Going from hardly muscled to fully ripped, for instance). Also tattoos and scars, more hairstyles …we’ll see, we’ll see! I look forward to seeing what they do come up with.

I’m really looking forward to the additional Draenei customization in particular.

117 = 400 Likes? Weird maffs.

Yeah I thought that was a bit strange too. UNless the likes suddenly vanished but …that doesn’t just happen does it? I dunno.

Maybe they made another thread a while back and they’re counting that as part of it. Or perhaps all the threads on this subject in general? :woman_shrugging:

We don’t need more skimpy clothes, If you want to run around naked then roll a toon on Moon Guard. Problem solved

Man I wish it were like in FFXIV where the male characters could also wear the same type or similar enough clothing looks the female characters can :frowning:

1 Like

Multiple times. Majority of the time, it is the simplest of designs. Something as minor as, a plate, flowers, or just basic background characters that all started off fine and somewhere just get all kerfunkeled with bizzard proportions. Although, if everything went smoothly through preproduction/ production, something far worse would take place right before the finished product release.

Most of the time, it’ll happen in storyboards.

THEN BEGONE THOT

Hold my moonberry juice:
SexyMog for a gent

I find it odd that the best sexy mogs are from vanilla, they need to go hire that designer back.

1 Like

Bring back the sexy mogs. We want skimpy gear and cute gear too! For both men and women. Why do we all look like puritans!

1 Like

Nightborne got screwed. They have these tattoo-revealing clothes on NPCs and players received a gender-neutral dress as heritage armor.

Hey if there are skimpy clothes for those who like women and those who like men. I don’t see the issue. Everyone gets what they want.

1 Like

Just pointing out that that same team put Alexstraza in pants, their way of updating her look. They never caved to complaints of the redesign either.

This sounds hilarious and how have I not heard of this until now?
I hate being at work right now, because I’m fairly certain I would have to have a conversation with my boss if I googled that.

Can you provide any more details on it?

It’s through her books and calendars. That one is part of, if I remember correctly, a little bit in a 2012 fantasy calendar she did with Boris. Her most memorable one which is similar iirc in the introduction to Hard Curves (1995/96) and getting into Heavy Metal Magazine back in the 70s, 80s and 90s, were she was briefly asked about her art being a little risque and what her children think of it.

" I had just started my career as an illustrator and I told them that “I want to be a Heavy Metal-ballerina-cowgirl”. I think the spirit of these different parts of myself has always been at the core of my work. I just love that combination of gracefulness and badass, completely in tune with nature. So I don’t see myself moving away from fantasy because the fantasy world is so open and allows for experiment. "

Also the more you look into Boris and Julie’s fantasy work; you’ll see a lot of influence of armor and weapon designs (even certain zones) that match their art style and were proud to admit who inspired their artists in Warcraft / WoW. Up until 2015 the off color girdle appeared (pretty sure it was 2015?) When they decided to go a more “conservative” approach on armor and design; while a certain Senior Blizz artist used their own child as an excuse for the “change.” In stead of sticking to their guns, and being proud they were inspired by majority of females artists who never backed down to this “new age agenda / bible belt karens.” They caved into a very small minority, that doesn’t even play the game.

Also, yeah I be careful on googling Julie Bell’s work while on the clock. Yes, she is fantastic. You’re likely to find amazing horses, wolves and in between each animal sketch and painting you’ll find her (as well Boris’) barbarians wearing very little, if anything at all that might raise and eyebrow or two.

3 Likes

Oh… wait… that stuff?

People objected to that stuff? But… that’s like… the really cool and classy fantasy art stuffs.

I mean, I totally get objecting to it from a realism stand-point, but it’s very obviously a fantasy setting. You may as well protest Greek sculptures and statues.

I wonder if anyone sells prints of their work, I’ve been meaning to decorate my place and now I think I know the perfect wall-art.

Thanks for the information. :smiley:

3 Likes

OMG, I thought Julie’s name was familiar. It’s been a while since I looked at her art. I’m a fan of that style, but my favorite artist in that style is Frank Frazetta. Julie’s art is pretty damned amazing too.

1 Like