We need more for the high elf aesthetic

Not to be rude but have you actually played the game since TBC? Because blood elves aren’t like this at all anymore and have basically gone back to being regular high elves from Wrath of the Lich King onwards.

11 Likes

Nobody loves Blood/High/Void Elves more than me but I’m so tired of these threads.

But I’ll give you this one, the male Velf hairstyles are some of the worst in game.

2 Likes

we already have that

reds always been a thing

below is the past(culling of stratholme) where a couple priests and mages kept palling around with jaina and arthas after the 2nd war and in modern times where elves are coming to stormwind seeking out the void elves(these elves only appear if you have unlocked void elves)

6 Likes

Void Elves are Blood Elves. So, Void Elves are High Elves.

technically true but its like saying void/felblood elves are pure blood elves too

1 Like

Kinda but not really, blue and gold were the original Silvermoon colours. it didn’t always used to be Red.

Can’t say I ever thought much about the blood a Void Elf sheds when hit in combat. Guess I never noticed the echo with the voice either.

Entropic Embrace does need a toggle for the visual element. I’d even give up the paltry 5% DPS/Healing increase if it meant not turning blue every 10 seconds in combat.

As for hairstyles, my stance on that is fairly straight forward: We should be able to look like our High Elf NPCs. Now, Blizzard can either update all High Elf NPCs to use Void Elf hairstyles, OR, they can just add hairstyles used by High Elf NPCs to Void Elf character customization. Either is fine in my book (although male Void Elf hairstyles are pretty awful and I’d like to see better in the future).

It’s more like the early World of Warcraft guys didn’t really pay attention to anything and just did their own thing and we are mostly just lucky it feels somewhat like a continuation of WC3.

I’m reminded of a video where the early world of Warcraft guys were going to put the dark portal underwater in Azshara because “it would look cool”. They really did not care at all.

Side-note, it didn’t always turn out well either. See: Illidan’s handling in BC or Lich King’s handling in WOTLK. They really just did whatever they wanted with only the loosest adherence to what came before them and sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn’t, but it worked out well enough for the most part we were able to move forward.

And they got the fel-tainted Blood Elf version, not the untainted High Elf version.

You can tell because when you mouse over the character it says Blood Elf, not High Elf.

Genuinely don’t understand the attitude of some people who always answer these threads with “YOU DON’T NEED MORE CUSTOMIZATION!!!”.

Shouldn’t it be “WE ALL NEED MORE CUSTOMIZATION!!!”. I don’t get it. There literally can’t ever be enough options.

And this anger towards people who like the high elf thing, I just don’t get it.

4 Likes

How about no. Elves can back off for a bit.
It’s time for other races in game to get more options

1 Like

Because honestly, Elves have gotten a huge ammount in the last couple of years compared to other races they have barely touched.

It’s not anger for me, it’s more alot of races have been asking for things for years and all of the sudden Voids come along and keep getting more and more .

I might be wrong but I believe it was the Orcs who got the most new customizations, and then humans (although I may be thinking of combination options, someone made a chart about it). Night Elves were also major winners in that original round.

I don’t know anyone who didn’t agree Nightborne needed a major overhaul (and honestly, they still need a TON of attention in my opinion). Nor do I know anyone who can look at what Blood Elves got and say with a straight face, “They don’t need anymore, they’ve had enough.”

Void Elves are getting stuff piecemeal is the thing, and it’s all pretty low-effort, easy to implement stuff too, just copy/pasted over from Blood Elves.

The real issue here is Blizzard made a mistake by adding Void Elves to begin with. It should have been High Elves. Void Elves were not ready, they didn’t even exist until five minutes before the end of their recruitment scenario.

If High Elves had been added at the time, then they probably wouldn’t have gotten anything at all in the previous customization passes (other than eye options, but everyone got that since Blizzard separated eyes from faces).

Do other races deserve stuff? Absolutely. Doesn’t mean the High Elf aesthetic for Void Elves is complete and people should stop asking.

2 Likes

Give an inch, they demand a mile. Damn.

7 Likes

Again it’s not the asking, It’s that you all keep getting more and more.

When was last time Tauren had more passed to them.

The Orc stuff really isn’t alot. Half the tattooing options for Orcs like fruit stripe gum.

What I am saying is give the other races about 6 months of hair,skin and everything else , then come back to elves, you all have been in that spotlight for quite a while now. Give the rest a chance too.

2 Likes

If you want to ask for more for the other races go for it. I(and clearly others) want more for void elves. Hell, I say end this farce and just give us high elves already. And before anyone says that wont happen, need I remind people we are about to get cross faction group. I say all bets are off for the future of WoW!

2 Likes

When you bury someone underground in a coal mine, giving them an inch is not enough to help them reach the surface.

Void Elves are not High Elves. This is simple stuff. Instead of these pretend half-measures, blizzard could just do actual high elves. Especially if they were worried about horde blood elves abandoning the Horde and killing the population, now that we will have cross faction that is no longer a concern.

1 Like

You mean take more Blood Elf stuff.

That completely contradicts your first post where you ask for voice changes, blood changes, and racial changes. If you’re going to be needy, at least be honest with what you want and stop trying to sweep it under the rug as a modest request. You’re asking for another racial overhaul when Void Elves already received one and other races received none.

Welcome to Pandaren. And Worgen. And Tauren.

It’s not a simple request. Adding a sub race would be an entire overhaul of the racial categories. This would take hours of manpower to add sub races to all races and classes to be equitable.

Again, you contradict your first post here. You’re asking for a name change when your first post asks for visual changes.

The high elf community will demand things until the end of time. We’ve all learned that.

If it’s already a sub race, why do you need the toggle?

Subjective and entirely untrue.

It’s not a fact. It’s YOUR opinion that you’re trying to push off as fact. That’s incredibly disingenuous of you.

That’s wrong, wouldn’t you agree? That the high elf community hijacked not one but two races and left the original communities begging for more options so that racial distinctions exist?

You don’t speak for me. You don’t speak for everyone. You are not the collective experience here. And you’re behaving immaturely with your demands.

18 Likes

Players: “Can we get High Elves already?”
Blizzard: “Ehhh… here’s some skin tones for Void Elves.”

Players: “Okay that’s… a start. Can we get the full range of customizations for High Elves?”
Blizzard: “Here’s some hair colors. I guess we’ll copy/paste ear lengths from Blood Elves and let you remove tentacles too.”

Players: “Okay… Now what about… everything ELSE?!”
Other Players: “Geez you whiners are never satisfied!”

We’ve had two customization passes. Tauren got something in the first, and Highmountain Tauren got stuff in the second.

((This Chart is from the first customization Pass))

Look, I’m not saying, “Void Elves first!” I don’t for a second think that I have that kind of sway over the developers. I just say what I want, and leave it up to them to decide when, where, and if to add it.

Like I said before, this is Blizzard’s mess to clean up. It’s a shame they wouldn’t just add everything all at once more like races got, and instead are adding High Elf options piece by piece.

2 Likes

Agreed, OP:

You look exactly like a High Elf, to me! :wink:

Success!

I like how players pretty much get what they’ve always asked for and then they want more.

2 Likes