We need more for the high elf aesthetic

So much just takes you out of the fantasy that is supposedly being added for the high elf players. You’ve added the skin tones and the hair color but unless more is done, it’s just not fitting enough.

And yes, obviously they were trying to give us high elf tools because the skin tones and hair color don’t really add to the void elf fantasy in the slightest. So I ask, why go this far and not go all the way? Why give a taste only to leave people unsatisfied with the aftertaste?

There are a few main issues that bog down the experience. The first is the purple blood when you take damage. A very minor thing, but it’s one of those fantasy ripping moments when you see it. If you have normal skin tones, the blood should just be red. Very simple fix on that one.

The second is how their voice and voice lines sound. I’m not going to ask for a complete redo of the voice lines, I am not going to sink with that ship. But at the very least… again, if normal skin tones are used, could you at least do away with the terrible echo/reverb on their voice? Make it sound more natural. I feel that would go a long way to fix things. Perhaps in the future, this could be redone entirely to give them new lines to better match what a high elf would say or sound like. But for now, that compromise would do.

Third, and honestly, this is by far the most important one for me and every high elf fan. Definitely, one that’s been complained about again, and again. A feature of void elves that just so abruptly disrupts the fantasy, that just spews all over your character and ruins its aesthetic entirely. Yes, you already know what I am going to say, I am talking about that very overpowering racial entropic embrace. There just needs to be a toggle, plain and simple. Let players go to Alleria who is just sitting in their hub doing nothing at the moment. And let us talk to her to get the option to turn off the visuals. Maybe just making your weapon glow if there really needs to be something. But honestly, there are plenty of buffs that have no or very unclear visuals, and something as small as entropic buff is not something that needs to divert your eyes as seriously as it does. To not constantly be glowing that dreadful purple would be a dream come true. So please, do make this change. It is something important to us. Note, us, perhaps not everyone.

As for fourth. I’d like to see more hairstyles that don’t look so edgy and unfitting for a natural elf. Longer hairstyles that don’t give off the appearance of a thinning hairline would be most appreciated. I don’t want to just take all of the blood elves’ hair, but I think the ones that are seen on the silver covenant elves, and the high elven mages in Dalaran would be fine. Just those common high elven styles, plus maybe some new unique ones would work well. It’s just very hard to feel like a high elf when there are like one or two that vaguely look passable. The others just look horrendous. And I say this for male void elf styles. Females get a bit more variety and can definitely match their high elven counterparts, but males… they aren’t good. Probably some of the worst hairstyles I have ever seen if I am honest.

As for the final thing, I just want a way to be named high elf. This is also small, but being called by the preferred sub-race variant that I am playing, instead of the actual race core name is necessary for immersion. When reading over quests, I don’t want to see the race that I don’t view my character as to be displayed, and when I hover my mouse over my character, I don’t want to see it either. I know there are add-ons in place for some of this, but I want a canon experience, not add-ons, but for the game to actually acknowledge it without the need of a third-party source. On the topic of this, I would like for the player boarder to not show a void elf if you have the natural skin tones selected. Instead, show it with natural colors. This is very nitpicky. But again, not only do I want to be immersed in my character, but I want others to be as well.

All of these things must be added to truly finish what was started. Only going a bit of the way and not all the way is not fully satisfying. I appreciate what we got, but it’s not complete. I cannot enjoy my experience to its peak without having what is asked for. And most of these changes are so minor at that. What would be the reason to not do it? You would finally shut up the majority of high elf fans, and they can be at peace having what they wanted at long last. I know there will be some fighting for paladins. And I believe that should come in time for those only who selected the high elven subrace for void elves. But that is not exactly needed for full immersion as a high elf, and will not be a point in my request.

I know many of you are tired of these requests, and view things differently than I do. Know that I understand your grievances, but also understand this is something I very badly desire and will push for it as hard as I can in hopes of achieving it fully. You will never get anything keeping your mouth closed and sitting on your hands. You have to put in the work and fight for it, no matter how many people try to get in your way or disagree. We have come only this far because of the massive pushback towards void elves, and the love for high elves. Let us just stop infighting and do what is right. By finally handing over what is left of what we need, it’ll be over, and we can just move on. Until then, it will just leave people dissatisfied, and rightfully so. There is no cause for feeling ungrateful here. No one wants to be left with something incomplete. it feels empty, hollow. To be so close yet so far. So please understand that, and understand why I am adding my voice here. This is not to troll, or to spam. Rather push my take and my direction on the matter forward in a respectful way.

Thank you for your time.

27 Likes

No, you do not need more. You were given the ability to roleplay your fantasy the race at it’s core is still void elf. You can RP as a high elf all you want but the race at it’s core is still a void elf. Maybe should’ve thought of that before nodding your head positively when the customization changes were announced. If you wanted the complete authentic high elf experience you shouldn’t have wanted that tied to void elves.

Now you have two options left

1.) Accept that your simply roleplaying as a high elf and there will always be some things that are a bit jarring because the race your playing is actually a void elf and you’re just playing pretend.

2.) Play Horde, blood elves are high elves. And hey, with some of the cross play features being added perhaps that’ll help you play pretend even better. <3

98 Likes

This. Blizzard has given void elf players nearly every single thing they wanted while other allied races have suffered from lack of customization options or terrible models. You don’t need anything else.

65 Likes

I don’t want purple blood.

:rofl:

Let’s take a look at what they were actually given, shall we? They were given some skin tones, which were just reused from blood elves. And they were given some hair colors. Which were reused from blood elves. They were not given all that much. Pretty low effort copy and paste. While again, appreciated, and needed, it is far from what the other races have gotten as they were given much more effort and care. There is a difference between getting a tiny bit of reused appearances. Appearances that should have been there from the get-go honestly… to getting brand new appearances made from scratch. Void elves are incredibly lacking. And considering how much this is wanted, you may as well get it out of the way here and now to make the most people happy. It is highly requested, and void elves are one of the most heavily played races within the alliance. I think with such a big playerbase they take precedence over something like say a mecha gnome with the lowest playerbase in the game.

4 Likes
4 Likes

There’s a dealer in SW Old Town who sells some good mana thistle. If you really want to more of a “high” elf. :smirk:

11 Likes

You helfers stole a Horde race. Are you lot never satisfied?

58 Likes

I wish high elves never existed.

33 Likes

Same with VEs

4 Likes

No.

You are playing a void elf. Stop ruining the void elf’s aesthetic in pursuit of your fake high elf.

What a real high elf? Then ask for a real high elf and leave void elves alone.

39 Likes

Yes. We DO need more. It’s not completed. We were not given the full way to roleplay the character. I think what you aren’t understanding is that high elves have evolved to something more within void elves. They aren’t just rp tools, they have become a full-on sub-race A half-baked one of course. I am just wanting to see the subrace become complete.

Subraces are the future of the warcraft player experience, and high elves have been the largest step forward on that concept. There are a few minor nods like with the dwarves getting wildhammer. But High elf has been the most fleshed out. Of course, I think the others should get more fleshed out as well.

5 Likes

Of course they are reusing blood elf skins. Blood elf and high elves are the exact same race lmao. They still have more options than any other allied race and probably even the main ones. Get over yourself and just accept what you already have

36 Likes

I really like the void elf aesthetic and they are the only alliance allied race I have currently unlocked the heritage armor for because I think they are cool despite the shaky lore

But I also wish they were never created at times because they were a crappy compromise they has led to people like the OP who will never be satisfied until they have a 1:1 copy of blood elves with more bells and whistles attached.

24 Likes

That will never happen. High Elf has already become a subrace for void elves. They can still be high elves if the sub-race category is opened fully. But also, let’s be real. The void elf aesthetic is not all that popular. There is a reason high elves got their appearance first in the void elf race before void elves got a thing. Blizzard knows what people want. And it’s not that void tripe. That’s just really a fact. The writing is on the wall here. You see far more players with the normal tones and the normal hair. You see so many pushing for more high elf aesthetic while a few void players rummage for attention to get scraps. That is the reality, and you must accept it. Void elf has been overtaken. Void elf was a mistake in the first place, and it’s being fixed. Understand High Elf was the race we were wanting from the start, and is the only thing we will accept with the concept is done in full. Blizzard knows this, and blizzard will cave, as they have been slowly.

3 Likes

Agreed, more options for alliance high elves.

1 Like

Yeah, I get you. I think this all could have been prevented if there was no elf swap rather than them not existing at all tho.

2 Likes

I think Void Elves are pretty good in the color variety department. Now they just need all of the new 3D model options like the other 3 Legion ARs got.

New hairstyles, beards, eyebrow options, jewelry, etc.

4 Likes

Do you think? People would still be demanding high elves. Nothing would change. High Elves have been part of alliance history, and are still part of the alliance. The fact that it’s there at all will always make people want them. The golden apple so far out of your reach. The more you deny it the more it is wanted.

2 Likes

There are no High Elves. There are only cosmetic options available on Void Elves that give a player the ability to pretend their Void Elf is a High Elf.

But it is still a Void Elf. And playable High Elves still don’t exist in game.

Again, want a real High Elf, ask for a real High Elf.

I certainly do every chance I get…

True High Elves for the Alliance!

4 Likes