We need more for the high elf aesthetic

They are playable, on both sides. This is a fact which even the Hardcore Blood Elf players will tell you.

But what people are referring here as High Elves are the Alliance Silver Covenant High Elves.

You can say end of the discussion, but it’s not. It won’t be so long as people keep demanding it. That may be how you feel, that it’s not creating half of the high elves, but to many it is. And you will be fighting a very steep uphill battle to say otherwise.

Honestly the only way I see these threads being buried is if they had a canon event where Quel’Thalas is in danger - The High Elves that are in the Alliance along with the Silver Covenant want to defend their homeland & decide “If we can win over our people with their current disputes in the masses - we may be able to regain a foothold in our homeland once more!” — Have all access points cut off though for whatever reason, have them strike an idea to go through a rift towards Quel’Thalas in Telogrus Rift with the power of the rift being held with the cube that transformed the Void Elves - where they bring the entirety of them through which accidentally also transforms the lot of them into Void Elves.

Then ~ Boom. Case closed.

To seal the concrete on top - Add a dialog “Most of what High Elves that had remained untouched by the Void rejoined the Blood Elves. I suppose they now felt more at ease with them given the circumstances.”

4 Likes

Bloodelves are Sin’dorei they are not high elves, They have changed since then both politically ideologically and physically and while the sunwell has cleansed the corruption from fel magic it doesn’t change the other two.

Quel’dorei are a tiny dying breed of elf that will essentially cease in the long run given how few of them there actually is.

Void Elves are Ren’dorei they are void corrupted SIN’DOREI so they are even further deposed from Quel’dorei and a cool concept but not for me.

That would do nothing but create resentment. Again, that isn’t what the people want. Blizzard knows this. It would only hurt them in the long run. People want high elves, removing them would destroy a huge potential draw for them. They have more to gain by just giving people high elves than destroying high elves and making them void elves. Pure and simple and I think you know that.

The Sin’dorei are Quel’dorei which makes every Sin’dorei and Ren’dorei a Quel’dorei.
The first generation of Ren’dorei are Sin’dorei, the second generation are uncorrupted Sin’dorei and Quel’dorei (which is evident if you stick to their starter zone).

Neither did the Nightborne. How come they get a pass? How come the Nightborne can be mutated versions of Night Elves but not the Void Elves?

Don’t tell me “Void Elves shouldn’t exist, I want my HE” because you would be putting your desire over other people who like Void Elves, and this mindset is terribly toxic. And let’s remind how this people reacted to Blood Elf players not wanting High Elves on the Alliance, putting their (more reasonable) desire over High Elves.

So you all want to step over Horde, Blood Elf and Void Elves players for a desire? I assume you do see a problem in such a behavior?

10 Likes

The sin’dorei are not quel’dorei they stopped being that when the sunwell event happend and they changed physically and politically the lore is available for you to read at any point you want to, I suggest Ebooks because you can listen while working and driving.

Because Nightborne had an entire zone and arc dedicated to them to establish them as more than that? Void Elves are few in number, came out of absolutely nowhere. They aren’t even really a legion thing, they were a BFA thing that were never even expanded upon. Nightborne were really well received and only became a race because people asked for them. People asked for nightborne… and got nightborne. People asked for high elves… and did not get high elves. It all making sense?

I’d rather Blizz focus attention on races that actually need it.

And if, after all that, Blizz decides to add more void elf customization, it should be more VOID features.

8 Likes

Right now, Vulpera and Dark iron dwarves are in desperate need

Pandaren and high Mountain Tauren can use a bit more

Mag’har just need a couple of standard Orc hair styles but that can wait

6 Likes

This is irrelevant, Nightborne were never a thing since Legion. Oh, they had a HUGE magical bubble that somehow nobody saw? Never? The Legion invaded several times and omg, they didn’t see it either?

This makes far less sense than anything and feels way, but way more rearpulled than Void Elves. Void Elves do not need an entire arc because they have it, all Blood Elf story is their story.

And it was said the Void Elves numbers are growing because Scholars from both, Blood Elves and High Elves are joining them.

1 Like

We’re correcting a mistake here. The Nightborne are another topic but it is usually accepted that they are the Highborne Nelves.

What the anti helf-discord wants does not matter. They are a minority and the High Elves being playable on Alliance is commonly accepted by the mass (reddit).

I would always step over the Horde to strengthen the minority player base which has suffered for us due neglection until we’re back to even.

This topic has been discussed through and through by Fenelon, Brigante and diverse NB-players. Sin’dorei is just a political name change to honor the fallen, they are still the same race as they were before.

Void elf story is not blood elf story. They threw it all away when they became void elves. Besides, the nightborne zone has been a thing in lore well before legion. It was where Tyrande was born. bet you didn’t know that? The bubble hid the zone, obviously… They never really came out of the bubble, so people never saw many nightborne. They were also in a location very few would ever travel. It makes sense. Azeroth is a massive place. if a place like the dragon isles has also not been fully seen, or pandaria even, then this makes sense. This is the least of things that do not make sense.

I don’t think it matters if they were not a thing before legion. The point is when they were shown they were wanted, and blizzard gave you them. Simple. High Elves have been around for a very long time, and been wanted for a very long time, and still no dice. You got your nightborne so quickly, we got nothing.

Like I said, toxicity at it’s finest. No wonder the entire non HE forum is so against the fandom.

Void Elf backstory is Blood Elf story. It is part of who they are. You cannot be a Silvermoon exile if you were never part of Silvermoon. They had a life in Silvermoon, they were Blood Elves. Saying their backstory is not Blood Elf is like moving to another country and neglecting your past.

Oh, I am very well aware of Tyrande’s birthplace. Now tell me then how did Guldan found about it?

And you got your High Elves. In fact, I personally would love Blizz to add them, to not be sharing customizations any longer.

7 Likes

Not necessarily. They’re related in origins, but Ren’Dorei no longer hold grounds to Quel’Dorei as a race since they’ve been cosmically altered. Whereas Sin’Dorei are simply renamed out of politics.

The generations part is moreorless on point.

What people want they already have - They’re on the Horde, as Blood Elves. Most of what people want on this thread, and the forums is for this discussion to close.

You’re using rather flawed logic, because you keep saying ‘The people want’ yet those of your flock are a significantly small sum especially in correlation to those that disagree, have been sated with what was given or understand already it’s existent. If I were to say “The people want genocide” because a handful do, that doesn’t mean it should happen.

They already gave people High Elves. They wouldn’t destroy High Elves by making the ones on the Alliance Void Elves, and what remain over to rejoin the Blood Elves because they’d still exist :slight_smile: On the Horde. Pure and simple, and I think you know that.

All High Elves regardless of allegiance to Horde, Alliance, Silver Covenant or Sunreavers were allowed to embrace the Sunwell by the order of Lor’Themar (Isn’t he a nice guy). Realistically, by canon - even High Elves in the Alliance could be changed physically and politically with the restoration of the Sunwell.

That being said though, the restoration could cure them of their Arcane addicted state (Just like Velen said it could) - and if they chose to continue in the Sunwell’s embrace along with the light within - could then push to the change but the available lore states it was optional for them. Additionally the energies doesn’t change them as drastically as the Void Elves, Lightbound or Nightborne.

5 Likes

Guldan found out because of the demons obviously… you know, the things infesting the place.

Look, sure, their previous backstory was about the blood elf lore. But like, that has nothing to do with void elves anymore. The old lore doesn’t have any place with what is trying to be built up now aside from the fact that they are exiles. That’s about as far as that callback goes. And I mean it, what does being a blood elf do for void elves now aside from them being exiles? Nothing. That whole bit of lore may as well not exist for them. Because it’s nonexistent in their current form.

This thread is extraordinarily weird and bizarre

1 Like

And Illidan and Maiev who were nearby? In fact, didn’t Maiev mention in Warcraft 3 that Suramar was under the sea?

What happened there? :eyes:

Then it is their backstory. In fact, Void Elves can have 3 different fantasy if you want to introduce roleplay to your character.

Either the exiled one, the Silvermoon scholar who abandoned Silvermoon to pursue the Void, or the High Elf that started studying it. I do agree I would love to see more of then. But sadly, in the Alliance, if it’s not Night Elves to get kicked or the Humans to shine, almost nobody else gets a constant spotlight. But that’s something regardless of the race.

2 Likes

You always cry toxicity when it doesn’t go your way. Johnny Lawrence would have a fun trip with you.

Let me just check an old topic.

• Highly voted by a very sensitive community
  • Discussed in favor of the Alliance High Elves

Your personal cognitive point of view does not always reflect what people write on the internet.

Yes, I forgot to mention this about the first generation, thanks.