We need more for the high elf aesthetic

But goth over the treasured warcraft 1-3 alliance high elves? With rich lore, history with the alliance, the nostalgia! Over these gross elves with no real lore. A rear pull. An answer to something we wanted, but an answer that isn’t what we wanted! it will never live up to the standard. Perhaps it would have been popular if it didn’t stop high elves. But when it comes between void, or high elves, they were destined to lose this.

1 Like

I really don’t think people care that much about high elves but a minority. They were, for the most part, just generic units in WC2 and 3. And those that did care either made their void elf look like one or play a blood elf.

Stop being melodramatic

2 Likes

What? They literally had their own campaign in Warcraft 3. Hardly generic. Why do you think people love Kael’thas so much? Where do you think he came from?

1 Like

They were also not in the Alliance in WC3 lol. They were only in the Alliance for one single game and that was WC2. They left in WC3 and that has been it.

2 Likes

It’s literally called an alliance campaign. They were sided with the alliance. Only near the end did Kael’thas join with illidan.

Keep in mind, that created a separate faction altogether. There were still elves present in the alliance as seen by their units even after those events.

1 Like

The Void Elf customization thread has a ton of void options that players are cheering for! :heart:

3 Likes

The high elves officially did leave in WC3 but not all of them left, there were those that stayed and continued to stay long after their race left. THOSE are the ones we want playable. If Blizzard had totally want to shut the door on the high elves being playable they would have made the lore so that most of the current high elves left decided to go void elf. Instead Vereesa and her Silver Covenant(as well as other high elves) continue to remain high elf and not go void.

Or you know they created void elves because it was the closes to high elves as anyone on the Alliance can get and now people are using the high elven asthetic more. also, the irony should not be lost on anyone you are using the pale high elven skin.

1 Like

They’re called blood elves.

2 Likes

This is easily one of the most entitled posts I’ve seen in a while.
Alliance has Void Elves.
Horde has Blood Elves.
NO ONE HAS HIGH ELVES, and frankly, I hope Blizzard NEVER opens that can of worms. Elves don’t need any more customizations.
Please give them to other races. Jewelry color options for Vulpera would be awesome, for one (of honestly many) example.

5 Likes

People don’t have to agree with you to post in these threads.

9 Likes

Belves could use customizations with actual care put into them.

6 Likes

Just out of curiosity because of this thread I spent an hour of three days (3 hours over 3 days) in SW’s portal room and counted the amount of “high” elf to “void” elf characters I saw.

High elf: 54
Void elf: 43

Now this is not a very good test by any means but I’m not sure one is more popular than the other now that the initial rush of customization changes (release of hair colors) has passed.

1 Like

I play on a RP server and see just about as many void looking elves as I do the non void ones. I’m not going out of my way to check every single VE and armor can hide it. But I don’t think the void skins and hair are unpopular at all now that the option for both is available.

1 Like

Blood elf story and high elf story is intertwined. One cannot exist without the other. Also, by asking for void elves to have more high elf features, your asking for a race that branched off from blood elves to have an aesthitic they have barely any relation of.

Also you will get what your asking for indirectly by cross faction groups. Blood elves has all the customizations you want for a high elf, except for faction quests. I suggest when cross faction becomes a thing to use it to your advantage and create a rp community for role-playing high elves in group content using blood elves. If you want to look like a high elf in alliance quests, you already have the tools to do so with void elves currently except for the racials, but that is a compromise you need to endure for what you want. Personally if I want to play with a direct connection with current high elf story, I would not ask for void elves to cover that, as I see void elves as a continuation of the Blood Elf story along with blood elves themselves.

1 Like

I’ve only read the thread up to this point so far but… LOL, you can’t say this is how Helfers discuss their desires.

Hey there, have you read this thread? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Edit:

Nobody cares about High Elves. :man_shrugging: See how easy it is to just say things? Weird right? Though, does it make you angry that Gnomes got Mechagnomes before you got High Elves? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Don’t see the issue. They are all the same race. One just goes/stays with the alliance; one went with horde…the last were kicked from the horde due to playing with the void so they hide under the alliance banner. Point being they are all same. They will not take the time to branch out enough faction rework to make this feasible. Be thankful for what you got. There are more pressing matters in this game that needs attention.

1. Content

2. Bug Fixes

3. Class Balance (We can dream right?)

4. Making classes actually enjoyable to play and not fill like a chore. (Little love to the dk’s here. Particularly blood.)

I’m not sure if this is a official thread to talk about High Elf Options for Void Elves since it’s going in heated debates at this point.

It’s ok guys!!! OP finally realised that Void Elves are High Elves.

Edit:

Still 1000% better data than “I feel like it’s the case, therefore it’s the case.”.

1 Like

I haven’t counted in game but mostly I have seen people using void options more than anything else.

5 Likes

I imagine server will change the results considerably.

I also didn’t keep a list of names so it’s possible that some were repeats.

Not a great test overall as I said, just wanted to see what I’d get if I payed attention at a transport hub.

I’m very tired of being told without proof that my kind of void elf isn’t popular.

3 Likes