We need more for the high elf aesthetic

What a bunch of entitled whining babies these high elfers are Blizzard gave into your crying tantrums and added some things taking away from other races yet you are still crying for more.

Is it any wonder the rest of the playerbase hates these stupid high elves no one is saying oh thank you Blizzard for giving us these customizations we will now behave oh no it is back to the crying and the tantrums give it a rest let the others have a turn and then maybe your stupid high elves will get a bit more.

8 Likes

Do i need to come back in here and lock the helfers back into containment again? I thought we were over this, Void Elves are a complete Race, Void cosmetics are the priority, Helfers need to step back and let everyone else have a turn instead of being entitled.

9 Likes

Last I checked, Blood elves are still playable and nothing was “taken” away from anyone.

So we should thank Blizzard for a decision that was poorly thought out and they are if anything slowly having to back track on? Also, how many thing did people “whine” for years on end that Blizzard ultimately realize was probably a bad idea/no longer had any merit. The most recent one being the faction divide being slowly removed. Speaking of faction divide, if anything making high elves an actually option especially now that people can be “neutral” seems like the perfect time to do so.

2 Likes

Patch notes for 10.0
“Okay guys we gave void elves and void elves 2000000 more customization items you can now be high elves and out of all the other races you get body sliders”
“Okay but…we need more customization”

7 Likes

You do know there weren’t any elves in WC1, right?

9 Likes

This is the whine that never ends,
It just goes on and on my friends.
Some people started crying for it not knowing what it was,
And they’ll continue whining forever just because,
[Repeat ad nauseam.]

Seriously though. Why can’t there just be one containment thread for this? It’s really grating.

10 Likes

YOu know who needs more customization?

everyone thats not a human or an elf

5 Likes

They are absolutely not. Like Maizou said, they’re nowhere near finished, and there are a thousand ways to make them relevant going forward. Now, let’s not pretend that Blizzard obviously has big plans for high elves in the pipeline. They’re a filler race, used purely as a foil to blood elves before void elves came along. Pandaren are likelier to get more attention in the future than this race.

Blizzard doesn’t even care enough about the high elves to give them their own voices; almost two full decades later, their generic NPCs are still using a variant of one of the three generic night elf VOs minus any quotes that reference the night elves’ religion. I’m pretty sure I’ve heard those voices on high elves and dragon elves more than I’ve heard them on actual night elves. That sheer apathy should be a sign that no one at Blizzard cares about this race as much as the high elf crowd wants people to think.

You’re acting as if more than a small percentage of current players have ever played the RTS games when they were new. WCIII alone turns 20 this year, so I’m imagining most of the active playerbase either wasn’t alive or hadn’t started kindergarten back then.

Vulpera don’t even have multiple options for earrings, just a checkbox to toggle them on and off, and OP is acting as if Blizzard has committed a cosmic injustice by not giving void elves the ability to forsake their original theme and identify as a completely different race, classes, visuals, and all.

Void options are the dream, but some helfers are hellbent on trying to strongarm Blizzard into taking away from the race’s theme and supplanting it with basically everything that blood elves already have, just Alliance-flavored, then cry “But we need more!” if you call them out on it. And I just have to wonder why, because any theme or niche that their community thinks high elves could cover, a race that’s already playable does it better: Paladin elves? Blood elves. Forest-dwelling ranger elves? Night elves. Militant Alliance race? Humans and Lightforged. Etc.

I play a void elf rogue, and I specifically picked that combination when I made her because I didn’t have an Alliance rogue yet and I thought this then-new shadowy race would work well thematically with the stealth-based class that has Shadow damage on several of its spells, something I can’t get with high elves. I like the Void theme and think it has the potential to be more than just “Shadow priest: the race”, nuts to the helfers crying that Blizzard should downplay it because “it’s unpopular” despite it being here first. Seeing people share ideas for new void options gives me a sense of intrigue and camaraderie, seeing people like OP cry that Blizzard won’t strip the void elves of everything unique to them just fills me with disgust and contempt.

4 Likes

“Okay but Horde has blood elves and that infringes on my high elf fantasy can we remove the horde elves please?”

7 Likes

the more threads like this I see, the more I want Blizz to never give void elves anything ever again. yall are annoying af

8 Likes

Uh, well according to the lore, Anasterian Sunstrider was the last king of the high elves. His son, Kael’thas dissolved the monarchy and rechristened his people the Sin’dorei, children of the blood, in honor of the loss of so many of his people and his father during the Lich King’s invasion. The blood elves and the void elves are all Thalassian elves and they are all that is left of the high elf legacy.

1 Like

the what??

Not all. There are still high elves. Those that didnt follow Kael/stuck to the old ways. The high elves are the ones who have stuck with the Alliance since it was formed.

1 Like

All Thalassian elves are descendants of high elves and carry on traditions of high elven culture. It is a political distinction, not a genetic one.

Not everyone carried the tradition, hence the divide. Also, considering we considering “Kul tiran Humans” and “Stormwind humans” as two different “races”. Both for gameplay and lore purposes political distinction is all you need.

1 Like

All humans are descendants of Vykrul, creations on the titans and the result of the curse of flesh. In that respect there is absolutely no difference between Kul Tiras humans and those of the rest of the Eastern Kingdoms.

Biologically, no there is difference. But that is not what I am talking about. I am talking about “race” as a concept we use for our playable character(and even how the game deal with it). In that respect Kul Tiran and Stormwind humans are considered different races.

1 Like

From a game development perspective yeah, they’re an allied race added to the game to ensure player and sub retention.

I’ll have to try this out on my 2 main servers just for curiosity’s sake.

3 Likes

If you have the time to spare its actually kinda fun… if you’re into things like bird watching…

3 Likes