We need more for the high elf aesthetic

I think it’s find to want to play as dalaran high elves but people have long been tired of the groups begging for more and more velf customizations that are more or less thalassian belf copies when the race is already in the game, but now it’s just twice.

Cross faction play is going to make this redundancy even more noticeable.

It’s pretty good if the Blood Elves lose their uniqueness for a simple reason: We could then finally mash both player races together, like the Pandaren are and start focussing on a subraces menu. Regular, Sun, Void, etc.

The best solution to the whole problem.

2 Likes

I feel like this would be a coding nightmare but also would be helpful to do?

It’s not much of a coding nightmare. I have done similar things in object-oriented languages. And I think those people are competent enough to make a new super class and heritage sub classes for the shared and unique race parts.

1 Like

There is no reason for High Elf fans to settle for your false perception of “fair”. High Elf fans massively, massively, massively, many times massively outnumber “mechagnome fans” or “Highmountain Tauren fans”. Lol. It makes zero sense for it to be fair, especially when Blizzard’s goal with Void Elves was not to simply add a new race but to try to placate High Elf fans without upsetting Blood Elf fans.

What would have been “fair” would have been to just bite the bullet and give Alliance High Elves. Everything they’ve done is half-measures, and while that placates some Alliance players who are willing to suspend their disbelief and pretend Blizzard added High Elves, those who want the real deal are still left hanging - they never “got their first pass” so to speak, why should others get a second pass when they’re still waiting?

3 Likes

I mean I think the initial complaint is still valid that alliance high elves shouldn’t warrant their own race since they’re pretty much identical to blood elves.

But as the faction barriers continue to come down this becomes even less and less of an issue.

I would actually agree but the High Elves are still a non-playable part of the Alliance, therefore their players have a right to claim them to become playable. Especially when they are relevant almost every expansion. The future is inclusive. If we can do this with the LGBT-community, then we can do this to the elf-community as well.

And the complaint that Alliance players want to play as authentic High Elves is still valid. This is why there is a perceived impasse in the first place and why High Elf fans will never stop until the Blood Elf fans “lose”.

The only way this conversation properly ends is once High Elves are properly added, as a race added to the game will never be unadded to the game, which means while Blizzard will suffer an outcry from Blood Elf fans, eventually they’ll realize the futility of continued outrage and stop moaning about it.

1 Like

I don’t think fictional races are comparable to real life identities. :sweat_smile:

The problem is that both velves and belves are “proper high elves,” biologically. High elf culture (thalassian) is what the blood elves are. Void elves share that culture too. To imply differently is saying a very important established race didn’t go through the events that they did in the burning crusade and wc3.

8 Likes

I’ve never seen anyone with any authority at blizz state this.
Doubting it’s a fact.

Giving the alliance high elves wouldn’t have been fair in anyway.
It would have just been giving a portion of the playerbase what they wanted.
Just because I want something, even if it’s something a majority of the playerbase wants doesn’t mean blizzard isn’t being fair if they dont’ give it to me.

7 Likes

I don’t see how the two compare. LGBTQ+ are real people who exist and deserve to be represented in media. Elves are a fictional race. Both void elves and blood elves have the classic blonde hair blue eye helf options. They are represented enough.

13 Likes

As a member of the LGBT demographic, I find it exceedingly insulting to compare the two.

That’s like super ultra mega cringe.

The struggle of a bunch of nerds to get pure elves on the good guy side is nothing like the struggle and discrimination trans people like me face.

20 Likes

Same, and also a member as well as having numerous friends and family who have gone through whole ordeals due to close minded jerks. This definitely is infuriating to see such a comparison.

10 Likes

That poster has a history of speaking out against diversity and LGBTQ+ representation as well, so I find it double insulting now all of a sudden they would equate it to " if they can please those people , then us high elf fans deserve just as much. Come on Blizz" its extremely not cool.

13 Likes

i cannot believe someone seriously compared fictional elves to LGBTQ representation lol.

17 Likes

Blizzard finally added people with brown and dark skin tones and hinted a character may be gay. So that means I deserve more customization options for my pet race that already has twice as many options as every other race!

5 Likes

when you consider the source im not

9 Likes

All of the high elf crowd have kinda blended together into one cringy mess so I can’t really tell one from the other anymore

6 Likes
9 Likes

The only thing that needs more high elf customizations are the Gnoll tents :camping:

5 Likes