We need more for the high elf aesthetic

To expand on this point: The ONLY reason the elves joined the Horde was because the Alliance betrayed them in the first place. It wouldn’t make sense for them, as a whole, convert to the Alliance again.

Consequently, that’s the same reason the Forsaken are with the Horde. They wanted to go back to their families and cities, but were rejected. That’s why Lordaeron was eventually taken over. The RIGHTFUL citizens wanted their stuff back, and since the Alliance didn’t want to negotiate, they took it by force.

That’s the genesis of the Burning of Teldrassil. Had the Alliance not betrayed the elves and accepted the Forsaken, both races would have been brought back into the fold and wouldn’t have been so bitter. The Alliance also pushed Vulpera to join the Horde, too by attacking them with their death squads.

The Horde would have been a small faction had it not been for the Alliance pushing these races onto them.

Personally, though, I can’t wait for cross-faction play. Just to be able to see different quests than the ones I’ve done for the past 16 years will be nice, not to mention the different aesthetics.

1 Like

Blizzard can just create that just like they turned elves into the eevee’s of WoW. Honestly a lot of customization that people want are simple things. Hair styles/ color, eye color, jewelry options, underwear, tattoos, piercing, scaring and etc. They don’t have to be new sub races but even then Blizzard could go the half route to give those races some new models. Blizzard controls the lore, they can make customization for the races more equal than it is now.

1 Like

Yes, but then we have the current Blood Elf/Void Elf problem. High Elves. Who do they go to? Blizzard chose both, and this resulted in Void Elves getting a higher number of options to bring them closer to what that aesthetic is, because they were further away from it.

So let’s say in the next expansion we encounter a race of… I dunno… Dr. Manhatten Gnomes. They’re blue, roided out with arcane magic, etc… who gets the customization? Should it be out regular Gnomes? Or the Mechagnomes? Or both?

What Blizzard really needs to do is combine Allied Races with their core race counterparts.

1 Like

Oh, I agree that allied races should have been customization options for core races. But now the issue that the Horde would have Void and High Elf options while the Alliance got none.

Elves should get no more customization options until most races have more options. In fact I wonder if Blizzard still has faces lock to certain skin tones for humans. If so I want that fixed first too.

They may as well just throw Night Elves and Blood Elves into the neutral category, since both factions use the other’s original race anyways. Not as if there aren’t some Moon Guard or Night Elves living in Suramar. People can pick their faction at character creation and go through things as usual.

After that, just combine every Allied Race that makes sense being combined with it’s core race counterpart. The only ones here that would really stand out would be Vulpera and Goblins, but Gilgoblins already exist so it’s not as if Goblins cannot get expanded that way. Not sure what would be done to expand on Vulpera. Maybe Wolvar options from Northrend.

2 Likes

Yet another Helf thread has been reported for spam. Thank YOU for your time, and enjoy your vacation from these forums.

10 Likes

This presumes they can be satisfied.

Over the past two years I’ve watched the insatiable and never ending demands. I’m skeptical that they’ll ever be satisfied at this point.

12 Likes

Not canon. Same goes for the Orc/Goblin raid on innocent villagers in Stormsong Valley. These parts were only added to contribute to the “hate” towards the other player faction but you are not supposed to know about this.

1 Like

Well, High Elves are Blood Elves and you are a Void Elf so just be happy and roll with what you got.

3 Likes

Or we can ask for me and ask for what we really wanted! Who knows, with the chaos at Blizzard and the fact the are now forced to actually “reconsidered” long held beliefs(like cross faction grouping) other long held belief are now fair game.

1 Like

You know what WOULD be interesting? Broken Draenei…

2 Likes

It’s a different Alliance. The Forsaken are the last remnants of the Alliance of Lordaeron, so it’s only natural that their allies of the high elves, who suffered much the same fate, would remain friendly with us, and not know the Alliance of Stormwind beyond their refusal to help save their lives despite having Quel’dorei assistance with their problems.

I thought the High Elf fights were over and done with? It’s funny to see it being resurrected :laughing:.

[citation needed]

7 Likes

That’s because they wont be

3 Likes

You know when you put it that way, The Alliance look like the bad guys, They aren’t exactly innocent in things they have done.

For the love of God you people need to shut up! All you do is beg and demand more and more. You’re a freaking VOID elf! Deal with it already!

12 Likes

:raised_hands:t5:

Literally VEs benefitted during the core race pass based on adjacency to their parent race, and then again with ARs despite having just skipped the line.

At the end of the day VEs in addition to receiving a second distinct visual theme that infringes on BEs visually still retain their own visual uniqueness which is more than what BE players can say, its more than what a lot of races can say bcz there hasn’t been any others who’ve already gotten two passes and can claim to have two visually distinct set of options.

8 Likes

It’ll never end for some people until they get everything blood elves have and even then they’ll probably start campaigning for blood elves to be deleted because blood elves infringe on their elf fantasy

9 Likes

I think their new thing is trying to benefit from adjacency to a void pass. Never mind the fact VEs still retain their original uniqueness which is more than what BE players can say about their fav race. But if someone asks for Entropic Embrace to be more voidy they’ll use that to say “yes! And wouldn’t it be great if they also let us toggle it off!” In other words trying to pair a toggle with any work people want on a more voidy EE.

Hopefully they take a seat in the attention department for you know until everyone else has had a second pass at least and some are still waiting on a first pass. It’s not really fair to argue about sharing the last piece of cake if you’ve already had more than everyone else and that’s what it feels like they continually do, and have gotten away with more attention twice over now.

6 Likes