We need more for the high elf aesthetic

There is a player base who like the void aspect and wishes for more void customizations, stop being selfish and let there be more void customizations for those who want it. This AR has more customizations than the other AR’S, I think Blizzard should start charging players for extra helf customizations.

4 Likes

The point being a race that has been playable from the start of WoW still gets the least attention, All the ally races should have less.

Gnomes get less everything. I think Elves have it pretty good.

1 Like

I’m not disagreeing, but the underlying issue is how some races naturally have more customization options than others.

Consider humans for a moment. When I was tallying the number of customizations, Human Males came in at a whopping 220! Orc Males came in at 130.

Now, both of these races have a lot of variations one can build off of in terms of customizations. There are a LOT of real-world aesthetics that can be applied as customization to humans. Orcs had multiple clans and traditions that really lend to a lot of categories and options.

Now, when you look at a race such as, say, Pandaren… they don’t have a lot of counterparts to draw inspiration from. There aren’t any Void Pandaren or something like that. That isn’t to say more options are impossible (I think some tattoos or warpaint that look like the four celestials would be awesome for them), but they aren’t as readily apparent.

Meanwhile we’ve got seven different kingdoms of humans, numerous clans of orcs, dozens of different kinds of trolls, and elves are the eevee’s of WoW.

More customization for everyone is great, but we need more underlying examples to build off of. There’s also the issue of Allied Races detracting from this to an extent. If Mechagnomes, for example, weren’t their own Allied Race, but instead were baked into Gnomes as expanded customization, they’d rival humans in terms of number of customization options. Same thing for Highmountain Tauren and regular Tauren, or Blood Elves and Void Elves.

1 Like

Gnomes get less everything because they have always been an unpopular race at a steady 2.6% of the population since the dawn of WoW.

You look at any expansion and at any point of any expansion, and there are Gnomes hovering somewhere around 2.6%.

Oh well that’s a great excuse. Maybe every less popular race should get less then.
You know where that would leave most races?

Most races have around 5 to 10%. Gnomes do not. And that includes most of the ARs, too.

Why put effort into customization that will never be seen by the vast majority of the playerbase

Blizz’s mistake was giving alliance a Blood/High elf look in Void Elves. Their mistake was even taking seriously the helfer desires.

They should have just said, ‘No.’ and stuck with that.

9 Likes

What sort of reason is that? I don’t get a discount on my sub for playing on my gnomes.

Now you’re just being entitled.

Demanding a discount on a subscription for playing as a gnome? lmao

is it because you’re short and have a hidden profile?

Why would playing one of the least played races give you a discount?

On that same point, Horde should not have gotten Nightborne then.

2 Likes

I agree with that.

2 Likes

Except I didn’t ask for one so don’t put words in my mouth.

It shouldn’t matter what races are popular we all pay the same for the game and all the races deserve the same attention. Why have races that they will treat like an afterthought?

ETA:
And yes, I am short wth does that matter all the women in my family are tiny so what.

I disagree in the sense that void elves should’ve been more like NB. Void elves would’ve been fine if their animations and entire rig weren’t borrowed from blood elves. The void mutated them, and it should’ve been shown. The NB are visibly different from NE’s in a lot of ways. This is not the case with void elves and it should have been.

5 Likes

Mhmmm, sure Jan.

Very much so. More void, less high elf please

2 Likes

Ok Karen, where exactly do you see what you are implying because what I said was a statement of fact that I don’t get one, at no point is there a request for one, Now you are just trolling.

I would have been much happier if they didn’t borrow anything from the opposing faction’s models. I wouldn’t mind seeing Void Elves and Nightborne be a thing but it should have been with new models, imo.

6 Likes

You’re the one running around using insults and using incoherent arguments, not to mention denying that you said something that was literally one post before. As I said when I figured out that you’re here to troll:

"Sure, Jan."

… why?

The whole point of Void Elves was Blizzard trying to be diplomatic, thinking they could appease Alliance High Elf players without upsetting Horde Blood Elves who head-canon they are the “true” High Elves. Void Elves being more different from Blood Elves wouldn’t have done anything at all except agitate Alliance High Elf fans.

Where Void Elves are now is the “medium place” where the majority of Alliance High Elf fans are happy and the majority of Blood Elf fans are happy without the extremes of either being satisfied.

they can change this with every patch. Give them a 5% int passive boost and you’ll see that people will start playing them again.

It’s not like they cannot change the characters on the whim. They simply chose not to, because of “integrity”