We need more for the high elf aesthetic

Talking to a self-interested brick wall it seems, not surprising at this point, but hey you do you.

I still vote no more elves, we have too many.

3 Likes

Except blizzard hasn’t taken anything from you only given, they didn’t go and say “here is playable high elves” in an announcement and then turn around and tell you to eat cud

5 Likes

Blizzard: “So, let us know what Allied Races you’d like to see in the future!”
Players: “High Elves.”

Two Years Later

Players: “Seriously. High Elves. It’s been asked for since Vanilla.”
Blizzard: “Fine. Here’s some skin tones for Void Elves. Knock yourselves out.”

Players: “Okay, that is a compromise, but how about, you know… everything else?”
Blizzard: “Sorry, no more customizations for Shadowlands.”

Slow content release and scandals ensue.

Blizzard: “Okay, more customizations! You guys love this stuff right? Here, natural hair colors for Void Elves! Isn’t that great? We’ll even let you pick your ear size and toggle off those tentacles.”
Players: “Hey, that’s pretty nice, a lot of us are happy. It’d be great if you could finish the job. Hairstyles, a toggle for Entropic Embrace, Paladins…”

And that’s where we are right now. The request was for High Elves and we’ve been given an inch at a time.

You’re a void elf. You can’t be a paladin.

No matter how much you cosplay as a high elf, you’re a void elf it won’t mesh.

If you want high elf paladins, Blood elves have been around for over a decade. Have fun.

14 Likes

I can’t hear you over having 6 face options for nightborne of which all looked like you were trying to hold a fart in while in an elevator you know those options we only got After years and multiple times helfers got things

And then our patch were we as nightborne got things the helfers got even more stuff.

10 Likes

I wish people would leave Blood Elves and our aesthetic alone. We have almost nothing left that differentiates us from Void Elves. Leave us alone already.

13 Likes

Sorry, didnt read your large amount of text because for me whats important for Blizzard to work on for WoW now and going forward is to give the game more decent actual content that takes up more than 5 minutes of my gaming day.

Character aesthetics ranks fairly low on the scale of development importance to me right now.

5 Likes

Void elf is my favorite race.

You say this as if I’m the one going around saying, “Nightborne have had enough!” I honestly think they need more work. A LOT more work. More than just adding customizations, I mean they need a REWORK of the model itself.

“Our Patch,” huh? That’s a tad arrogant. It was an Allied Race patch. Or are you begrudging the Lightforged Draenei and Highmountain Tauren also getting stuff?

Taking issue with the systems and content guys =/= needing to veto art development.

Anyways, WoW is mostly good on the front of having “decent actual content”. Dungeons and raids are the things Blizzard actually nails consistently.

I did say that my opinion is whats important to me; ie, its a subjective opinion.

I don’t expect everyone to feel the same, but an opinion is an opinion. You feel what you want and that’s absolutely fine.

Okay, but there’s the opinion piece, and then there’s the “you’re just wrong because these are different people working on different things” angle. I guess if you think the content in this game is bad, uhh… it’s a bit of a fringe opinion, but I guess you’re entitled to it. But when you go as far as saying that adding cosmetic content would come at the cost of gameplay… that’s not how it works.

No, thats your interpretation of it. Anything I say on this forum that does not involve a provision of fact is, by its nature, an opinion. If I say “the gear that drops from x dungeon is this”, thats fact. If I say “the gear that drops from x dungeon is bad” then thats an opinion because I dont define the status of the universe. I mean, Im often right but then thats just my opinion, too… :sunglasses:

Yes, and it is a fact that artists are not encounter designers.

Well, unless they are part time artists and part time encounter designers…

Yeah, na, lets not get onto that train because it will end up derailing, guaranteed.

What he or they are explaining is that the art team would have to take work away from something else to work on customization.

Blizzard: were making some stuff for LFD, HMT and nightborne

Most of the player base: awesome

Helfers after already having got multiple things: rEEeEEeEeeEe where’s more stuff for me

Player base: it’s uhh not your turn let others have some stuff too

Helfers: rEEeEEeEeeEe it’s not good enough we need more stuff stamps feet making a huge scene

Blizzard: here have a few small things so we can give stuff to others

Helfers: still not good enough rEEeEEeEeeEe

Everyone else: pained groaning sound

18 Likes

You realize the new hair colors got announced at the same time as Nightborne and Lightforged Draenei getting new stuff, right? Highmountain weren’t even originally slated for 9.1.5 at all, and we were told they were being, ‘worked on.’

To be fair I think the OP of this thread was trolling. If not, a very entitled Karen

2 Likes

That happend after you made a collective scene and then screamed even more to get skin colors, we are all over it and the helfers continual tantrums at this point

The nightborne still don’t entirely look like actual nightborne but a lot closer than they used to and we aren’t making anywhere near as much fuss over it as a group of people crying over customization for a race that isn’t even playable.

Is it really that much to ask for you lot to stow it for a while so the actual races that have received no attention can get some?

10 Likes