We need more for the high elf aesthetic

I like this alot. Last time i check the horde have the high elves of Quel’Thalas where all high elves came from. Thank you. Very much for this.

2 Likes

I’m beginning to believe nothing will solve the need to just go hog wild ,nothing pleases peoples fantasy.

The most annoying thing about these threads, besides the people wanting a 1 to 1 copy of a horde race, are the people who insist blood elves aren’t high elves when all they did was change their name after Arthas razed their city to the ground in honor of the fallen. It’s like saying political parties are different races.

15 Likes

Sorry friend, but they didn’t do that. They just gave void elves options more in line with Alleria. They broadened the scope of what a void elf could look like. At the end of the day though you can’t stop that Entropic Embrace from popping.

I’ve literally never said that, but go off.

Quoting myself from another thread in response to what races should be added to the game:

I recently leveled a Void Elf and realized Void Elves are NOT High Elves. They’re cool, y’know, they’re very cool, but they’re not actual High Elves.

People want a nice High Elf enclave to go to with High Elf theming (see: Silver Covenant base in WOTLK Dalaran), a nice High Elf themed Hawkstrider, a High Elf heritage armor, and High Elven racials. Not Void Elf, not Blood Elf. Blue and Silver, not Red and Gold or Purple and Bronze.

High elves versus all other races!

You can join us but bow down.

It’s never enough for the high elf playerbase. And it never will be.

16 Likes

Blood Elves are vengeful mana-addicts who live by an ends justifies the means mentality. They will do whatever it takes to survive in the aftermath of the Scourging of Quel’thalas, even going as far as to side with the Horde after the chaos of the Third War. They’re basically Forsaken but less edgy/evil.

High Elves are a noble and honorable people who live by a code of virtue and justice. Even in spite of the turbulent times, they choose to uphold their duty and fight alongside their long-time allies.

Ren’dorei are not High Elves either. The Void Elves are basically Blood Elves who sought a different source to feed their addiction and were exiled from the Horde and joined the Alliance.

The game uses some color-keying to clearly identify these three peoples as different. Blood Elves are represented with Red and Gold, Void Elves with Purple and Bronze, and High Elves with Blue and Silver. They are definitely different groups. There are three different races, and only two of the three are playable currently.

I would hope that Blizzard gives more to races that currently lack in even half of the customizations that Void elves currently have.

Let’s get that done before races that have had a ton of new options open up get more.

Not to be rude but have you actually played the game since TBC? Because blood elves aren’t like this at all anymore and have basically gone back to being regular high elves from Wrath of the Lich King onwards.

11 Likes

Nobody loves Blood/High/Void Elves more than me but I’m so tired of these threads.

But I’ll give you this one, the male Velf hairstyles are some of the worst in game.

2 Likes

we already have that

reds always been a thing

below is the past(culling of stratholme) where a couple priests and mages kept palling around with jaina and arthas after the 2nd war and in modern times where elves are coming to stormwind seeking out the void elves(these elves only appear if you have unlocked void elves)

6 Likes

Void Elves are Blood Elves. So, Void Elves are High Elves.

technically true but its like saying void/felblood elves are pure blood elves too

1 Like

Kinda but not really, blue and gold were the original Silvermoon colours. it didn’t always used to be Red.

Can’t say I ever thought much about the blood a Void Elf sheds when hit in combat. Guess I never noticed the echo with the voice either.

Entropic Embrace does need a toggle for the visual element. I’d even give up the paltry 5% DPS/Healing increase if it meant not turning blue every 10 seconds in combat.

As for hairstyles, my stance on that is fairly straight forward: We should be able to look like our High Elf NPCs. Now, Blizzard can either update all High Elf NPCs to use Void Elf hairstyles, OR, they can just add hairstyles used by High Elf NPCs to Void Elf character customization. Either is fine in my book (although male Void Elf hairstyles are pretty awful and I’d like to see better in the future).

It’s more like the early World of Warcraft guys didn’t really pay attention to anything and just did their own thing and we are mostly just lucky it feels somewhat like a continuation of WC3.

I’m reminded of a video where the early world of Warcraft guys were going to put the dark portal underwater in Azshara because “it would look cool”. They really did not care at all.

Side-note, it didn’t always turn out well either. See: Illidan’s handling in BC or Lich King’s handling in WOTLK. They really just did whatever they wanted with only the loosest adherence to what came before them and sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn’t, but it worked out well enough for the most part we were able to move forward.

And they got the fel-tainted Blood Elf version, not the untainted High Elf version.

You can tell because when you mouse over the character it says Blood Elf, not High Elf.

Genuinely don’t understand the attitude of some people who always answer these threads with “YOU DON’T NEED MORE CUSTOMIZATION!!!”.

Shouldn’t it be “WE ALL NEED MORE CUSTOMIZATION!!!”. I don’t get it. There literally can’t ever be enough options.

And this anger towards people who like the high elf thing, I just don’t get it.

4 Likes