We need a realm merge

Hi folks. I recently opened a ticket and spoke to a GM about a realm merger, and he said to post on the forums. So here I am.

I think all of us that play seriously on Aman’Thul understand that the population is woeful. To say that recruiting committed players is slow is a huge understatement. Trying to recruit raiders in a GMT+8 time slot is even worse.

The worst thing about this is that the decline seems to be accelerating. The harder it is to recruit and to run serious content due to low numbers, the more people leave for greener pastures, the harder it is to recruit and run serious content.

Our guild has been operating on Aman’Thul since early Wrath - quite long, relatively. Now, sadly, we’re considering leaving the realm. Already we have lost many of our best performing guilds as the player pool on Aman’Thul is just way too low to support progression focused guilds. Cross-realm and communities have helped with pugging people to run raids, but it doesn’t help with serious mythic and it is in no way the same as having a guild run.

Not only am I actually sad to consider leaving the realm that has been my home for many years, but I have to believe that Blizzard doesn’t intend servers to die a slow death while people all transfer to a few mega-servers.

In my opinion, we are simply overdue for a realm merge. We could easily merge a few of the low population Oceanic realms - surely some of them are suffering too.

Obviously fishing for a blue post is stupid but, as I said to the GM I spoke to, surely we at least we deserve a “hang in there” or a “no help on the horizon, sorry”. As it is, all our best people will, sooner or later, leave.

8 Likes

This has been such an issue for so long now. It is really disheartening to see literally no one around the zones in BfA, its incredibly difficult to do any PVP quests because I have been online when there are zero horde in Nazjatar.

Its incredibly difficult to recruit, and its getting to the point the same people looking for guilds are the same who have been rejected/quit/left previous guilds.

This has been the only server that I have known for 10 years, I would hate for it to die, but something needs to happen and needs to happen very very soon

2 Likes

agreed lol

Absolutely we need a realm merge. It is impossible to recruit to replenish your raid roster once people start to drift away from BFA.

Had some idiot in the general forums try telling me that Aman’Thul doesn’t need a connection.

Lol.

100% support this we need a server merge…

Yes! We absolutely need a realm merge!

We are one of 4 unconnected oceanic realms. The 2 giants of Frostmourne and Barthilas (who they will not merge). Then there is Saurfang. I cannot work out why it has not happened already. Saurfang seems like the perfect realm to merge us with.

Absolutely agree!

There are a large portion of what I feel are mentally ill people on Aman’thul who LIKE being alone and playing in an empty world. They play a massively multiplayer online role-playing game to sit alone, with nobody to talk to while they farm dungeons or que group finder. It’s a large reason why this zone has never been connected. They have always campaigned against it.

It’s bizarre and shouldn’t have a place in this game.

There are a large portion of what I feel are mentally ill people on Aman’thul who LIKE being alone and playing in an empty world. They play a massively multiplayer online role-playing game to sit alone, with nobody to talk to while they farm dungeons or que group finder.

What? This has nothing to do with the server. You can do this on any server. It’s called a massively multiplayer online game for a reason. If you like “playing in an empty world”, you chose the wrong game.

Im part of the biggest raiding guild on amunthul. Mythic raid team is 11/12 atm and getting very close.

It does make it hard when your guild is the biggest fish in a tiny pond. Many guilds on Fmourne already have cutting edge and there is a lot of options on that server for players to pick from guild wise. Amunthul is lacking options 8n general.

Also, i feel, the bigger the guild the bigger the chance of you missing spots from raid nights, and with little other options it leaves players xferring off small servers to seek oppurtunity making the problem even bigger.

I am in full support of a merge

Just because DuskTillDawn is the most progressed does not make it the biggest. I can guarantee you that it isn’t, actually.

I am fairly confident that Aman’thul will be one of the realms merged in the connections that are happening weekly.

1 Like

We are now being merged with Dath’remar & Khaz’goroth! If the Raider.IO numbers are anything to go by, this will put us at a pretty even Horde / Alliance split & around a 100k population.

2 Likes

I own the original Aman’Thul server blade, happy to donate ;p

1 Like

Apparently the reason they didn’t want to merge Aman’Thul is because nobody wanted to contaminate the rest of the world with the guild Enigma.

Here’s that salt you ordered.