We need a new tank class

1. New tank classes don’t significantly increase the number of tanks.

2. There’s no shortage of tanks anywhere but pug 5 man content anyway. Most content has too many tanks.

1 Like

protection shaman hype !

1 Like

It never has in the past.

1 Like

Hail to the king. Should have been fixed 35 weeks ago.

The best part about this is knowing that in 10 years they’ll probably still be trying to push this worthless contrived design, and that people will defend it simply because its all they’ve known.

Somehow, for some reason, they’re so convinced that trinity is peak design that they even forced it upon Overwatch where tanks are also played less than half as much as DPS :rofl:

Telling people there’s a better way feels like being stuck in the past trying to tell people to stop eating lead. They may not believe you, but they’re still irreparably dumb, and wrong as well :dracthyr_shrug:

I have wondered at some point, will players grew bored of six(?) tanks for more than 10 years? Does adding a new tank spec will spice things up? Like they did with Evoker?

I’m all for it to get rid of stale tanks.

1 Like

finally someone gets it

But what about tank specs? What if we added tank warlock/shaman. Surely those players may dabble in something that takes only a spec swap.

It spices things up for people who are already tanking.

Is a few people trying it out a couple times worth the significant investment and ongoing balance time? Probably not. Look at how many people only play DPS on their hybrid toons now. They may have dabbled, but they don’t stick with it, because it’s about liking tanking, not about availability.

1 Like

I vote shaman, warlock, and tinker.

1 Like

How on earth can you back that up? Ha!

Of course more tanks = more tank players.

A tank spec isn’t JUST how powerful it is or the exact tool kit, THEME and aesthetic also play a role.

I’m SURE there are DPS class mains who’d dabble in tanking if their favorite class/identity had the option. Classic examples, warlock tank, hunter tank.

They can back that up with history. I pointed it out earlier.

3 Likes

Go back and read the thread.

1 Like

Your entire reasoning is that there is no shortage of tanks because there are 2 tanks for each raid team, and there doesn’t need to be even 1 single tank available in the entire game for any other content.

Did you notice that you aren’t the only one playing this game? That other people play also, and they aren’t all willing to limit themselves to raiding and stop using their observational skills?

No tank shortage, but I’m still cool if you give us a tank spec. Thanks.

And the claim of “tank shortage” is a not even accurate.
Tank shortage for what.
Raids? Random Dungeons? Random Heroics? Mythic 0? Mythic+?

What it has to do with the topic being discussed at all.
Is that your argument to justify OP is correct?

Because you have failed.

1 Like

There are 6 tank specs and 7 healer specs in the game. If/when another class is added to the game in a few years, I have no doubt it will be a tank + dps spec. Sucks waiting though.

What about a new class with dual tank spec

1 Like

I’ve no horse in the race of tank shortage, I just think more tank specs would be fun, and balance is always a poor argument.

we have like 6 of them.