We need a new tank class

More tank specs = more tank players maybe?

I’ve grown bored of DK / Warrior after the years

4 Likes

i want to say there is like at least 4 more you could try

i’m not sure it would help that much tho, from personal experience one of the biggest reasons i dont play tank (aside from my favorite class not being able to tank, and i would def advocate for more tank specs!) is because open world stuff as a tank is jsut as bad as a healer (maybe a little better but still way worse than being a dps) and also tank design in PvP is super toxic and ruins the game for almost everyone involved

if tanks had a solid spot in pvp where they didnt make games really boring or frustrating and they were able to do content out in the world like dps specs can, i think we’d see more of them because i’d be interested in playing one if this were the case. something like gladiator stance perhaps :shield:

No it does not already been proven.

4 Likes

It would be funny if Tinker has a spec called Tank. :robot::thought_balloon:

8 Likes

More tank classes just mean tank players just play different tanks, the amount of tanks doesn’t change

Didn’t change with monks, didn’t change with DHs

17 Likes

Every class added since 2004 has been able to tank, heal, or both.

Druid had its hybrid tank/dps spec split into 2 separate specs to give us a “real tank”.

3 (+Druid) tanks added and 2 healers added since 2004.

Still no tanks or healers.

1 Like

Shaman? Warrior does have some earth, wind, and fire abilities even a shocking tier set. :robot::shield:

Lack of tanks might have to do more with one tank blowing all the others out of the water and the non-VDH tank mains saying “why bother”

7 Likes

i actually love this, huge MK fan in WC3 but i’ve been really turned off from prot war since the animation updates. I dont know what it is exactly but i just dont like the feel of it anymore - i was a prot war main in vanilla and never thought i’d look back! i’d almost go back if the animations felt better… and pvp and open world was viable

1 Like

Double sigils change ought to cut into the number of VDH tanks in the meta. Chaos Brand is still pretty good though, so it’s fair to bet on either Havoc or Vengeance still having lots of representation.

1 Like

oh I’ve played all the tanks I just prefer the DK > War. Ready for a new tank style. BM, VD, GD and so on aren’t fun imo

We don’t need a new tank class, but it would be fun. Especially if that class was Tinker. Or at least something with both a tank and ranged dps spec, only having druid for that stinks.

2 Likes

I’m hesitant to say that we do. WoW launched with 1 tank class and two classes that could kinda half-tank in paladin and druid, which became actual tanks in the following expansions. Then, we added DKs which can tank, monks which can tank, and demon hunters which can tank. Druid also got a dedicated tanking spec in cataclysm, when Guardian got added to emphasize that role instead of just being under general shapechanging. The only new class that cannot tank is Evoker, which was only added this expansion. I don’t think we necessarily are in need of another one at this stage.

I AGREE! Good sir

Who said there is a shortage of tanks?
There is mathematically more damage dealers than tanks and healers.
A Mythic Raid can have 20 players, 4 healers 2 tanks and 12 damage dealers.
Heroic raids can flex, from 10 to 30, still you’ll have only 2 tanks, maybe more healers depending on the size of the raid, but the majority will be damage dealers.

Currently you have the following tanks available:

• Blood DK
  • Prot Warrior
  • Paladin
  • Guardian Druid
  • Brewmaster Monk
  • Vengeance Demon Hunter

We have already enough tanking classes.
The tank population depends on how fun is to play the tank, some people only like to play 1 of these classes, while others will play the one which is the most powerful.

Make up a better argument for asking for a new tanking class.
Resolving tank shortage ain’t one.

Thats straight trolling as what you quoted is NOT what he said

1 Like

I mean I’m all for trying a new tank class. I was initially hoping that the third spec of evoker was going to be some sort of tank (black dragon aspect and all) but anything would work.

I’m kinda hoping for a magical tank. Like a class that uses magic to defend itself not sure if that would be viable or whatever, but it sounds super fun. I really like the playstyle of blood dk, just not the theme

Need more tank roles in raid.

Adding new tanks/healing specs doesn’t bring more people into the role.

They’ll try it once, but nobody is swapping to maining a tank because some new tank spec just came out.

Maybe they should just make DPS weaker or less fun, just my opinion lol.

I love to tank, but I also love PvP, and tanks don’t really serve a purpose there. So, I’m basically pushed to play DPS for that reason alone.

thats the joke goof ball. will probs ruin his whole month or something

That has never ever worked out in practice; every new class except Evoker has a tank specialization.

1 Like