We need a new tank class

Really?

The class fantasy is using all or at least a mixture of the elements. You want to remove that.

I was still pushing keys for awhile but remix threw me out of rhythm.

I also tend to use end of the expansion to finish up items from rares, mount farm etc but with all the transmog changes I feel like I would be wasting my time so its just better to wait for TWW.

I decided to just kind of take a break for a bit and catch up on books, tv shows, and focus on other hobbies for the time being.

This is unusual for me as I normally don’t take breaks but I’ve always tended to notice the last 6 months of an expansion things seem to slow down.

Moo!

Give me a rogue tank that teleports all over the place.

Or a gnome tinker tank in an Ironman Suit with lots of customizable skins.

1 Like

The only way to get more tanks is to stop being horrible to people learning how to be tanks.

It’s not about the amount of people playing the role. It’s about the availability of the role in certain content. Tanks have no place in PvP (for the most part – RBG’s are a different story), one tank role in M+ (which is fine) and only 2 tank spots in most forms of raiding regardless of if it’s a 10 man raid or a 30 man one (the rare exception of a third tank being used on occasion being the outlier).

We do not need more tank specs. Keep in mind, I’m not saying never bring in another tank spec. I’m saying more “tank specs” doesn’t fit a population problem. Your particular issue is you are bored with tanking on the things you do. You want another tank spec to scratch a type of itch. Which is fine. It’s not a population solver or a roster solving problem though.

3 Likes

History says no.

They revamped paladins and druids in TBC but there was still a tank shortage.
They gave us a new tank in Wrath but there was still a tank shortage.
MoP? Same thing.
Legion? Again, same thing.
This isn’t counting all the times they added new races to tank classes like Cata and BfA.

Adding a new class and/or race isn’t going to magically make someone want that responsibility.

Would love to see new tank specs, especially Shammy, but it’d really only be a win for people who already tank.

It all about drones now man

You quoted me saying all specs would use a mixture of the elements, and then claimed I would take away using a mixture of elements.

Blizzard can’t even fully design the 6 tanks they have, now.

NO MORE TANKS until they finish design on the existing ones.

Which still requires a revamping of the class.

A class many people like currently.

This kind of nonsense just illustrates how incomplete current tank design is - which is why they shouldn’t even consider adding more.

Changing double sigils? You think that will even matter? :rofl:

To bring BrM even close to DH in terms of control, they’d have to START by making Spear Hand Strike interrupt & silence all enemies within a 10 yard radius of the target. And make Leg Sweep pull in all targets within 30 yards, then stuns them.

The Mariana Trench-sized gaps between capabilities of the existing tanks are absurd.

And this isn’t even about “balance”, it’s about finishing design.

Brewmaster isn’t fully designed.
Guardian isn’t fully designed.
I won’t speak for DK/Warrior but I hear complaints about both.

DH & Paladin, sure, they’re done, the sun shines out of their butts. But let’s finish work on the other 4 before adding more to the mix, since Blizzard’s capabilities are severely limited, it seems.

What an insane take to run into, more so, the duality of the internet.

Tanks are the most balanced they’ve ever been… yes VDH stands out in M+, clearly unrivaled in aoe mob control, slaps in AoE dmg. Sure, but we got a new xpac in weeks.

But all tanks have clear identity… idk play more specs man.

More tanks = more tank players. More tanks means more tanking “styles”/themes/play styles.

Let’s say someone loves how Brew feels to play, but hates the theme, a new tank COULD share some similarities to Brew but not have the heavy themes associated with Monk.

Found the player who doesn’t tank. (Not anything challenging, at any rate.)

17 years of evidence shows this isn’t the case

4 Likes

It is not so much about the number of tank specs available as it is the number of people that are willing to fill that roll. A certain number of people will switch over from dps/heals because they find that the new setup actually fits there playstyle, but many will be players that are simply changing classes (tanks staying tanks). This results in adding to the new one but existing ones are then depleted, so no net gain there.

Nope,
There are so many tanks out there it’s pathetic. The problem is Raid only needs two tanks!..

You know what? every class should have a healer-tank spec as well!

Popular tactic this week, I guess.

I vote shaman. Call them Earth Warders, or Earth Benders lol

Imagine expecting the game to be well balanced at the top 1%!! XD

Nah dude, tanks feel great right now, 17 years have shown us that Blizzard is capable and able to churn out new content. When a new tank comes out, I’m excited to see what makes them unique.

Simply TRY having a positive outlook heh, it can do wonders.