We need a new tank class

More tank specs will not rise the number of tank players. The problem are not specs, is the role itself. Tanking is too much responsibility and pressure for most of the players.

How to have more tanks in the game:

• Players create a tank class and spec into tank
  • People with a tank spec can play tank spec

That is how you increase the number of tanks.

For OP: make a tank. That’s another tank and one less short.

And too often no rewarding.

New tank specs has never = new tank players

I’ll tell you what:
If they add a new Demonology tank spec for Warlocks, similar to Season of Discovery, that would increase the amount of tanks…

But you wouldn’t want to play with them in your dungeon :rofl: :rofl:

I’m not so sure about that. I remember when Dh’s came out and suddenly healer was the harder role to find because a lot of people were playing the dh.

Now I do believe in the grand scheme of things that these things even back out to where they were, but in the expansion that a new class is released you do see a lot of people suddenly picking it up.

At the beginning of dragonflight there was a surge in healers because of evoker. This didn’t last as long as the dh situation though, and I have to assume that is because of the spike in difficulty that also happened in dragonflight.

People will roll the new class to try it out, but I feel the only ones that really stick with it are healers/tanks that want a replacement.

Which is to say, not many lol.

Pretty much this, and unfortunately the norm is just “not enough tanks and healers”, even since the early days.

Part of it is the “holy trinity” of only needing 1 healer and 1 dps for dungeons, 3x dps for pretty much anything. Even raids, you’re bringing 6 dps, 2 tanks 2 heals, or something along those lines.

Should they change it? Idk.

1 Like

No, not really. All it means is existing tank players will redistribute. People who don’t tank, don’t for a reason, mostly bc people treat tanks like garbage or try to do their job for them.

1 Like

Shaman has four elements, they should have four specs.
Earth = tank
Fire = melee dps
Air = ranged dps
Water = healer

One can dream

4 Likes

Hot take; Shaman should have 4 specs.

• Water for healing,
  • Air for Ranged DPS/ Support devoker style,
  • Earth for tanking
  • and Fire for Melee DPS.
4 Likes

Man. Yall really want to ruin shaman eh

1 Like

I’ve been to the shaman forums, it sounds like Blizzard already did that.

3 Likes

I think a lot of people are turned off tanking because of the role and all that comes with it, not because of the lack of tanky classes. I mean, you could turn demo locks into a legit tank spec and a lot of people would give it a try, but it wouldn’t suddenly make thousands of people love tanking when they previously disliked it.

2 Likes

Shaman tank has been wanted since the beginning of WoW. No one is wanting to ruin anything, they just want what has been asked for for 20 years.

2 Likes

M+ has made tanking an d healing for non-competitive players undesirable. I used to pretty much play only healers, but now that everything is just running, it just isn’t worth the headache.

It isn’t a problem with the lack of classes, its a problem with the “gogogo” mentality and what it has done to tanking and healing classes.

1 Like

The one thing the shaman forums taught me is many dont know the basics of the class. See resto shaman tier for s4 discussion.

The suggestion of gutting enhance, resto, ele would quite ruin things.

Would it necessarily gut the other three specs?
I guess it’s possible. Probably won’t ever happen anyway, so it’s all hypothetical regardless. I just really like the idea of using the elements in a more specialized way.
You’re probably right though, I feel like Blizzard wouldn’t be able to devote the time to it that it probably would need.

You are asking if you took away a large part of the class fantasy if it would ruin the class?

Are we going to rename elemental shaman while we are at it?

“hey, you are gonna be the shaman spec known for using all of the elements. but actually, we are gonna remove most of that from you. you only get 1”

I dont want them to.

I enjoy how the specs use a mix of elements.

I guess I’m not seeing how the class fantasy is being “taken away” rather than expanded.

Absolutely. I would rename the three existing specs and add a new one. Each spec would primarily focus on one element, make moderate use of two others, and mostly ignore the fourth.

I generally only tank timewalking and holiday events, because i just don’t take the time to properly learn the dungeon until maybe season 4 or later. I’m prbably not alone. I very much respect tanks. My toons that can heal, usually do.

1 Like

no.

the community treating tanks better and better in game training tools = more tank players.

That said, add shaman tanks you cowards.