We LiStEn oT cOmMuNiTy FeEdbAcK! - The elemental Nerf no-one asked for

I don’t know why you’re surprised .Blizzard clearly hates shaman in all forms. Has for over a decade now. Anytime they get any amount of relevance they are generally trashed near immediately with nerfs. Shamans have always been the red-headed step child of blizzards.

To be honest, I don’t play elemental because I don’t enjoy dpsing, but machine gun lightning bolting sounds fun.

Wouldn’t be because the heavy hitter has been nerfed into oblivion along with the rest of the class now wouldn’t it? You know for those accessibility concerns? THEY COULD OF BUFFED LAVA BURST

Then why are asking for feedback on the forums? There was a PTR post asking people to give their feedback on the tierset and they ignored everything from it, people pointed out that focusing so much on cdr of the elemental was a problem and they never bothered to improve it, keep in mind that this SE build was NEVER tested on the Raid PTR because initially it was only working with Fire Elemental. We got a half assed tierset that was also bugged and because of that they had to nerf a talent that was the our only real option on m+.

Elemental doesn’t really have a good ST and now we’ve not even good on what’s supposed to be our niche.

3 Likes

Don’t forget lied about the reason.

I don’t see no Warrior, Aff, Fire, Rogue, Demon Hunter Nerfs.

I read that whole blog and I don’t see him anywhere on there asking for it to be changed.

1 Like

People talking about Degenerate gameplay should of seen older Elemental/feral rotations oh boy those were an absolute dumpster fire.

So the parts where he

• apologizes to the community that the meme has become real
  • expresses concern for the health, fingers and keyboards of the community
  • inserts images of gas pedals
  • “While these suggestions might seem stupid, written with tongue in cheek, or straight up a joke, I mean them in the most sincere way.” and then goes on to →
  • suggest binding lightning bolt to mouse scroll
  • suggest binding lightning bolt to multiple buttons
  • suggest binding lightning bolt to driving simulator gas pedals
  • suggest potentially breaking blizzard rules by using hardware macro repeater buttons on mice/keyboards

… you didn’t interpret any of that as, “hey, lightning bolt as-is is a problem for our rotation” ? Not even when he explicitly expresses concern people may physically get hurt playing the spec if they don’t take ergonomics into consideration?

Then why nerf it? :3 The people talking about ‘accessibility issues’ haven’t tested it. Unless the ‘players’ Blizzard are citing at actually… Blizzard employees! Wouldn’t be surprising, honestly.

enhancement shamans got their rework its time for an elemental rework

Fundamentally we are fine, LVB needs buffs, This change needs reverting, And Our current talents need to be baked in and new talent choices need to be made available in their existing spots.

However because blizzard doesn’t listen

THIS DOES NOT MEAN PUT KEY TALENTS ON THE SAME ROW AND SCREW US FURTHER You know just had to clarify that.

I stopped maining Shaman after they peaked in 4.3

1 Like

When do ppl ever give feedback as "Please nerf my class " ? why would they give this feedback ?

Blizzard doesn’t need your say to nerf or buff a class :rofl:

2 Likes

bro we don’t need to wait and see, we already saw it in PTR, we tested it, and the sims are just showing what we already knew, outside of the “machine gun build” our dmg is thrash, the tier set is bad, and sure the sky isn’t falling, it has already fell, it was falling when they decided to nerf our lava burst on 9.0.5, it was falling when for 3 years ascendance has been thrash, completely useless. it’s not a “what could be” thing, it’s a “this sh*t and has been for far too long”

1 Like

What frost mage nerf are you talking about that was reverted?

Because they broke our cd reduction which resulted in a 10-20% damage loss in M+. We were definitely nerfed into the ground

I’m just genuinely curious what nerf was in place that was worse than this lol, because what we got is pretty awful

Icy Propulsion

Nobody asked for Conquest gear upgrades to be rating gated either and I bet these decisions are being made because it’s the Blizzard employees themselves selling services like boosts, carries, etc to make money on the side. It’s the only reason I can think of that explains the way the game is being designed now.

1 Like

Pretty same nerf. This nerf is about 15% single target and 20% aoe, which is close to killing atleast Storm Elemental raid wise. It also hurts very very much in m+, but there is still no alternative.

As I remember blizz change “nerfed” your icy veins conduit proc rate, to work roughtly once 0.5s which nerfed ability to get back Icy Veins and make its effect pernament (or close). But we got baseline ability nerf, not connected to set (but because of set), or conduit.

Imagine that haste from icy veins got nerfed to 15% (was 30%) and also veins do not spawn rune at all. Not same but close.

2 Likes

Blizzard nerfed Icy Propulsion, it was going to have a internal cd on the proc (0.5 sec i believe) which was basically going to kill the spec. They reverted that change and instead added more nerfs to blizzard/orb damage.

Feedback being listened to doesn’t mean you get what you want.

:grimacing: You check the entire internet and hack wherever ingame suggestions go on the Blizz servers?

No one asked for the talent that holds together our aoe build to be gutted. The 14% single target nerf is to our best single target build but storm ele was best known for being ele’s aoe option. And part of the reason was that it was on a tier with a ok single target choice and a dead talent. Earlier in the thread you said the double digit single target nerf and less for aoe is fine, but its a double digit nerf to single target, and like twice that for aoe on a class that was middle of the pack now on a change that was clearly aimed at our tier set that no one has.