We LiStEn oT cOmMuNiTy FeEdbAcK! - The elemental Nerf no-one asked for

ITT shaman who don’t understand that blizzard hears them, and wants all specs to be viable. So long as all specs is resto and shaman accept that their job is to be a healbot for all the big d–k blizzard devs while they stand in fire and stuff.
“And if they don’t like it they can cri into their totems or something”
“LOL we removed totems”
“Not for resto!”
“Trollolololol”
“TROLLOLOLOLOL”

• Blizz class balance team probably.
3 Likes

There are over 500 comments across WOW Forums because of this and devs instead decided to listen to ~150 comments from a Warrior post.

I keep seeing similar comments. Many are saying: “Devs dont play Shaman so they dont know what to do with it”.

I think the below options are reasonable and effective in case there is a true “accessibility” concern with the Storm Elemental buff:

1. Lower the stacks of the buff from 20 to anywhere from 14-16. This will allow for core players to still get the benefit of the fast cast LB and CL, but not make it less than 0.6 seconds altogether.

2. Lower the stacks of the buff from 20 to 10, but increase the damage done by LB and CL anywhere between 20-40% to make up for the difference.

Either of the two above options can be with or without the buff being reset upon recasting Storm Elemental.

That’s clearly because they don’t, They care so little about us that they throw a blatant lie at us for why they do the things they do.

Am just exhausted with the bull…

The 2/4 piece at best gives LB back what they nerfed going into the start of the expansion… But it’s tied to the elemental.

The borrowed power game is exhausting. And Blizz, you’re clearly too incompetent to play it.

Gonna go download Red Alert and role play end of world scenarios.

1 Like

As someone that hated all the FFXIV spam on the wow forums and is completely disinterested in the game? The way blizzard has done us dirty this time, Not only by Lying but also by not listening to feed back, And then claiming we asked for it?

I may actually just give it a shot, I was super excited on the potential of getting Tier pieces this week and now my interest is just vanquished, Sure i’ll still keep fighting the good fight but wow it just feels so hollow now.

You keep saying that word, lying, but then keep ignoring that the Shaman community discord guide writer asked for this to be changed in a huge section of his guide by pointing out all the problems with it.

You keep bringing that up and yet i have a thread with 400 responses all of them condeming this change, And also people bringing up that higher APM classes did not even get touched, It was blatantly just a screw you to elemental once again.

1 Like

if you go to ff14 expecting anything competitive like wow’s end game you’ll just be right back here within a month minus the cost it took you to play that game. if you wanna rp a catgirl you’ll have fun. if you expect mythic anything that will also reward you for the effort spent? don’t waste your time.

They keep telling me that the Devs actually communicate over there and atleast that communication isn’t done with various forms of lubricant and lying.

• Blizzard isn’t “lying” if the Shaman Discord Guide Writer’s literally dedicated an entire chapter to their guide asking for a nerf to LB spam/cast time

• 400 responses from rando’s on WoW forums probably doesn’t have a lot of credibility in the Blizzard dev office

• Other high APM classes are probably not spamming primarily just their filler button at the expense of the heavy hitters because some weird scaling issue made their filler’s surpass their heavy hitters.

• The idea that someone is stroking their beard, and saying “ah yes, $#%& shamans” is far less likely than “woops that’s bad, lets kill it.”

• Everyone want’s to be “compensated” when they get nerfed but it doesn’t always happen and the lack of it happening is not inherently malicious.

I’m not spamming my primary filler as a havoc DPS? Hell yes i am it accounts for 70% of the rotation

I’m not spamming my primary filler as fury? OR PROT? as a warrior? Oh hell yes i am it’s EVERYWHERE Devestate as a prot warrior is nearly 60% of my active rotation you use it while waiting for everything else and you are doing a lot of waiting.

I’m not spamming the tab key harder than any other keyboard as an Aff lock in M+? Yes i bloody am

I’m not doing out OF GCD rotations to go with my INSIDE GCD rotation to fish for procs as a fire mage and going far higher on the APM than elemental is? Hell yes i am

This was a nerf for “Accessibility” You know how you fix that? You could reduce the haste gained from those stacks but increase flat damage so the ‘acessibility’ problem is resolved without dumpstering the class

This was a nerf for “Accessibility” You know how you fix that? You balance it out by also taking into account that this “Accessibility” issue exists for ALL the classes that have been mentioned in this thread who have higher APM requirements and just as much filler spell usage

The Machine gun build isn’t even mandatory there were other ways to play the class.

This was a blanket “Screw you” because they said it was for accessibility that no-one asked for and then didn’t compensate in the slightest, This was a blatant lie, It was also the biggest screw you they’ve done to Sham’s around and they’ve been told to screw themselves since wrath repeatedly in multiple languages. 400 people vs 1? Yeah that’s a margin of error that simply removes the 1.

3 Likes

You are

1. being incredibly dramatic about a class balance change and making it into a personal attack on the devs

2. conflating things to make strawman arguments. There is a difference between “a large portion of a rotation is spamming fillers” and “it is no longer optimal to cast heavy hitters or spenders because the filler has outscaled them.”

3. Yes, 400 responders (probably not 400 individual players) vs 1, because that 1 was an expert theorycrafter with peer reviewed theory crafted opinions and the WoW forums are where idiots go to make “buff me nerf my guildie” posts with little critical thought and lots of vindictive emotion. Posts on the official warcraft forums are nearly inconsequential and looked at with the least consideration for viable suggestion, compared to class discord and competitive subreddits.

3 Likes

I hope I don’t see more of these when reading this thread (I know I will).

Its baseline talent nerf for Ele, not borrowed power nerf (which is leading to the problems btw).

Aside from that, Ele is extremely accessible and there are FAR FAR FAAAAAAR worse offenders of this. It is only getting to be “inaccessible” when you take the specific talent with the tierset. In fact I think most Ele players are fine with the change, we just want a compensation buff otherwise this is just a flat out nerf baseline that will negatively effect Ele outside of this one patch.

As a Warlock I would hope you understand random nerfs (RIP WoD Demonlogy, I will forever miss it, even if I was bad at it).

Thats exactly the problem, we dont even have the set bonuses and we were nerfed. Ele isnt exactly the best ST DPS out there

xD

You understand that Enhancement is propped up significantly by Borrowed power? Enhance has a Conduit that increases the power of a spender by 50% at 252? THATS GROSS and thats only 1 conduit. Im not saying Nerf Enhance by any means BTW, I am just pointing out Enhance is in a good place from borrowed power and Ele is getting a baseline nerf with crap borrowed power overall.

The Storm Elemental build would hypothetically be worse in a real setting as there is movement involved.

As a player of a Spec/class that has lost its group buffs (in PvE), lost its instant mobility because of other classes (Gust of Wind), and is no longer special with Lust/Hero I don’t want to be the Top DPS. I don’t care if I am close and I am usually fine with being good enough overall. The problem is I have seen only loss and I am sick of seeing it. I don’t trust 10.0 to do anything, and for the record this isn’t dramatic at all, I simply just don’t want to sit down and take these small hits anymore to the only class (and spec) I have ever really loved in this game.

Hope you all have a fine day.

You have no idea what you are talking about here (aside from it being rude).

I typed out the response but its clear that would fall on deaf ears so nevermind.

Wha… the exact same things are said on that Discord. In fact, the people on that Discord were telling people to post in the forums on the message posted in the Shaman section!

5 Likes

Again, except the expert that literally asked for it.

Because you are so so blinded by the absolute insane and unquantifiable amounts of copium you have been huffing i will point out as others have said repeatedly

YOU DO NOT SPAM LB ENDLESSLY

I don’t know that much about shaman but it seem overall they need some love because none of the specs at this point feel that great to play.

If you are opting out of lava burst and invalidating the entire 2p set bonus because lightning bolt is too good, there is a problem with lightning bolt.

Enhance is borderline S-tier for raid and Resto is S-tier for M+ and A tier for raid.

We aren’t OPTING OUT OF LAVABURST, It HAS TO BE USED TO MAINTAIN THE ELEMENTAL And we’ve been asking for Lavaburst fixes since SL’s launch where it got nerfed by 20% flat rate for no reason

We’ve been asking for buffs to Ascendance wich is what BUFFS Lavaburst but it’s so weak that it’s considered a troll pick talent.

It’s so bad of a talent it is actually a DPS LOSS in multiple situations, You don’t even take it for free in torghast.

1 Like

You are opting out of non-instant Lava Burst’s because your heavy hitter is no longer worth it’s cast time when compared to lightning bolt.