We just accepting that this game is 60% bots?

I just don’t get how this has gone on since vanilla classic and nothing has been done. Sure they posted that they banned 100k players, but that clearly didn’t even make a dent in the bots because it was unnoticeable. I’m sitting here in an AB 30-39 with 1 other human player. 30 players, 28 bots. Zerging around the exact same path together. This game is an absolute joke. Just legit question like why are we all still playing, seeing this kills my drive to play.

10 Likes

Bots have been here for 20 years just like they are in every single other online game that has ever existed, good luck have fun :heart:

There aren’t any bots in my raid group.

1 Like

“Bacteria is everywhere and has always existed alongside humans. Why even wash your hands? Why even clean anything? Just dip your hands in a toilet and drink up!”

That’s how people sound when they make the argument, “bots have always been here!”.

10 Likes

The BRD pickpocket rogue bots were paying customers just like the DK BG bots are

It’s not a possibility to stop the bots and it’s only going to become even more impossible with advanced AI to completely remove bots. Bots are a problem in almost ever online game and thinking anything is going to change that is foolish.

Giving up and accepting them being in games is how they become worse though. A game’s player experience and the game’s integrity is the majority of what justifies customers to pay for a live service. Blizzard has an obligation to provide bot control, and they are doing worse than pservers(who get paid significantly less) at providing that service.

5 Likes

I’ve been playing this game for many years now and not once have I felt bots took away from my enjoyment. Idk why people get so worked up over it

Not sure more what you expect us players to do. This board is flooded with people angry about bots… yet blizzard does nothing.
Unless blizzard loses a massive amount of subscriptions, they have no incentive to fix the problem.
So what are we supposed to do? either stop playing or continue playing and complaining, knowing nothing will change.
Outside of canceling your subscription, there’s little you can do about it.

The OP that is against letting me grind out high-end arena gear through random BGs suddenly has a problem with the players he finds in a random setting?

I’m not a fan of the bots but they have a right to be there. Suppose they dump all their automation overnight and just decide to half->>> it like a typical bad fighter?

You’ll still get the same result.

Why do you make up stories and exaggerate?

Be the change you want to see.

You believe they banned 100,000 accounts paying 15 bucks a month because they care about players?
Gonna probably just feed that money to jabba and hire more beer gut empty chairs

The obvious fix is a Bot Tabard. I’m sure Blizzard is working on it now, so be patient.

I got you too.

5 Likes

not this bad. not at all.

couldn’t have said it better. gg

2 Likes

And? That doesn’t change the fact that it’s a problem supported by users that is nearly impossible to regulate outside of structural changes to the game, such changes that when enacted in other games have been utter failures that require rewinding the changes and saying “well I guess that’s just how it’s gonna be”

that’s a cute anecdote that you quoted but there’s a pretty big difference between washing your hands and literally changing gaming culture forever. If bots can only make half a copper per hour and there are people willing to pay for it, the problem will persist. If you want Blizzard to regulate it, get ready to divulge more of your private information and be regulated more closely than ever before. This is an issue as old as time without a realistic fix and you’ll be happier when you get over it :heart:

2 Likes

and this is not the norm in which things should be based upon. you’re just lying and have a baseless argument.

3 Likes

Do a bg and get back to me.

2 Likes

What are you doing in the random BGs anyways?

I thought you were a leet arena PvPer?

Stick to the blood and sand PvP.